Dutaseride and finasteride does not work for all

Mike4888

My Regimen
Reaction score
If your young and losing hair finasteride may halt hair loss for a while but if your losing hair when your young you have aggressive hairloss so no matter if you take finasteride or dutasteride your hair will eventually get worse so save up and pkan for a hair transplant

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
and if you're young and you take fina + duta + RU + Keto + scalp massage + a lot of supplements + oral minoxidil + serum for hair ???????

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
If your young and losing hair finasteride may halt hair loss for a while but if your losing hair when your young you have aggressive hairloss so no matter if you take finasteride or dutasteride your hair will eventually get worse so save up and pkan for a hair transplant
I know what you are trying to say ............ but 'aggressive hair loss' is generally just referring to the 'speed' of the loss, not the age, so starting to lose your hair in your mid teens doesn't automatically qualify you as having 'aggressive hair loss'.

for people with slow loss in their teens, who respond to treatments, keeping the majority of your hair through your 40's is still feasible,

but yes male pattern baldness is a progressive condition, so all treatments currently available are essentially just try to slow that loss down to a snails pace, so we are all still actually balding.

Mike4888

My Regimen
Reaction score
So if your lets say 18 and losing a lot of hair you have a lot of dyhydrotastone in your system which is classed as basically aggressivelly balding

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
So if your lets say 18 and losing a lot of hair you have a lot of dyhydrotastone in your system which is classed as basically aggressivelly balding
If you are a NW1 at 18, and your natural pattern is to be a Norwood 6 within 5 years, then yes you are kind of screwed with what's available today. (non-surgical treatments)

But on the flip side if you are a slow receder (think Jude Law) and are not destined to be a Norwood 5-6 until much later in life, then its perfectly possible for guys who are 18 and have a slower speed of recession to stabilize their loss and retain the majority of their hair for decades into the future.

So its the luck of the draw at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Mike4888

My Regimen
Reaction score
So keeping your hair for a few years is good knowing its always on your mind that eventually its going to go is good no not really were all looking to keep it forever

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
So keeping your hair for a few years is good knowing its always on your mind that eventually its going to go is good no not really were all looking to keep it forever
Just For an example I've been on treatments for about 27 years now. (since about the age of 18) without treatments I would have become virtually fully bald on the frontal 2/3rds of my scalp several years ago. ( around a Norwood 4a - 5a)

So while I agree, we all know current treatments wont keep peoples hair forever, slowing the loss down for 27 years is a pretty good start.

Like I have already said if you have the right speed and type of loss, even if you start balding in your teens , oral and topical treatments can be very successful.

but yes, if you are destined to become a Norwood 6 within 5 years of first noticing any loss, and still require some resemblance of hair, then obviously you will likely be looking towards other options like surgical restoration.

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
were all looking to keep it forever
I think for anyone whose balding, the thought of keeping all your hair forever is being a touch optimistic.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's why finasteride works quite well for a lot of young people. High DHT + Sensitivity to DHT kills your hair quickly so keeping DHT as low as possible is good.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are totaling wrong in many ways. If you start young, actually, you are a really good candidate, better than if you start old, for treatments to work. Nowaday, is not a problem on stop hair loss, the problem is how to stop it without side effects.
You clear have no idea, at all, how Hair transplant works. Cause if you think that, a really agresive hair loss, that don't respond to even Dutasteride, will be fix it by a hair transplant, you clearly have no idea about , for example, the limitation of the donor zone.

Mike4888

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are totaling wrong in many ways. If you start young, actually, you are a really good candidate, better than if you start old, for treatments to work. Nowaday, is not a problem on stop hair loss, the problem is how to stop it without side effects.
You clear have no idea, at all, how Hair transplant works. Cause if you think that, a really agresive hair loss, that don't respond to even Dutasteride, will be fix it by a hair transplant, you clearly have no idea about , for example, the limitation of the donor zone.
Well thats right the donor area is not called the safe zone anymore its called the safer zone if you look at many men in their 80s or 90s even the donor hair is non existant so ehy bother with a hair transplant

Mike4888

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well thats right the donor area is not called the safe zone anymore its called the safer zone if you look at many men in their 80s or 90s even the donor hair is non existant so ehy bother with a hair transplant
If you start treatment lets say in your 50s or 60s and have slight thinning a trickle of finasteride is all you will ever need so your basically not an aggressive balder and if your in your 20s lets say your 20 or thirty years behind the older guy with slight thinning what would you rather be

Mike4888

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes i agree. I have dupa and finasteride doesnt work on me i dont know why
Try switching to dutasteride you could just be very sensitive to dht it could make all the difference it did for me i take finasteride 3 times a week and 1 dutasteride once a week but im in my 50s ive only been on treatment for 12 months but ive already got less hair fall and thickening of my existing hair so just make the switch or add dutasteride in and i hope it works for you never give up hope

Mike4888

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you start older you probably havent needed to start treatment until then starting treatment younge4 is probably worse your years behind the older guy

Mike4888

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you start older you probably havent needed to start treatment until then starting treatment younge4 is probably worse your years behind the older guy
So the younger you are the worse you are thats the top and bottom of it but on the flip side your follicles are more likely to be in the resting phase if you are younger so regrowth is prob more possible than the older guy
but being older with slight thinning is still better than a 20 year old with a lot of thinning hes got another 20 or 30 years worth of dht in his system but you could be a 20 year old with aggressive balding and take finasteride and it could keep your hair for life its a bit of a lottery

Mike4888

My Regimen
Reaction score
So the younger you are the worse you are thats the top and bottom of it but on the flip side your follicles are more likely to be in the resting phase if you are younger so regrowth is prob more possible than the older guy
but being older with slight thinning is still better than a 20 year old with a lot of thinning hes got another 20 or 30 years worth of dht in his system but you could be a 20 year old with aggressive balding and take finasteride and it could keep your hair for life its a bit of a lottery
But as of jude law being a slow receder he is not i would not call that bit of hair he has as being hair we could all have two cm of hair on our head and call it hair but is it really it looks pathetic and with the money he has if he had started on meds years ago and made his existing hair stronger he could of been a good candidate for a hair transplant but now with depleted donor hair he is not and is destined for being a norwood 1

Mike4888

My Regimen
Reaction score
But as of jude law being a slow receder he is not i would not call that bit of hair he has as being hair we could all have two cm of hair on our head and call it hair but is it really it looks pathetic and with the money he has if he had started on meds years ago and made his existing hair stronger he could of been a good candidate for a hair transplant but now with depleted donor hair he is not and is destined for being a norwood 1
Like prince harry he is going to wake up one day and meghan markle is going to say you need to sort your head out but its probably too late now catching baldness early is important get on meds they work even if you watch the hairloss show with dr russell knudsen and vikram j aprikash you can see dr vikram is losing his har but is in denial so if they are hiding their head in the sand what chance do we have

Mike4888

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like prince harry he is going to wake up one day and meghan markle is going to say you need to sort your head out but its probably too late now catching baldness early is important get on meds they work even if you watch the hairloss show with dr russell knudsen and vikram j aprikash you can see dr vikram is losing his har but is in denial so if they are hiding their head in the sand what chance do we have
Like kevin mann and his so called baldness blogs giving advice on hairloss now he has had a hair transplant What should not be allowed on the internet talking a load of bumf