Dutas Possibly Losing Its Effectiveness And Hairline Getting Worse.

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've been on Dutasteride for about 5 years now. It thickened up my hair everywhere including my hairline after over a year of initial shedding. I actually still shedded from time to time over the years. Well recently Ive notice the spot where my hairloss started is getting worse. I know for a fact this isnt a shed and the .5mg Dutasteride is losing its effectiveness. Thats the horrible reality of hairloss treatment. You are only buying yourself time. How much time depends on the aggressiveness of your hairloss obviously. Well my time has come. However I'm not one to give up. I'm getting on RU58841 immediately and ordered some today. I heard almost nothing but good things about RU58841 in regards to fighting hairloss. This is what I'am considering my hail mary attempt in my treatment. I'am also considering increasing my dosage of Dutas from .5mg to 1mg but don't know if it makes much of a difference and is worth it. I know you will want pictures but I really dont need to post them to get validation. I know my hair very well and have been watching the part of my hairline where my hairloss started carefully. You will just have to trust me. The only thing I will say is that yes this could potentially be a shed as this isnt the first time its done this over the years. The thinning came abruptly and out of nowhere. A few months ago it was doing pretty well. But I'm not chancing it.

DiffuseSucks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've been on Dutasteride for about 5 years now. It thickened up my hair everywhere including my hairline after over a year of initial shedding. I actually still shedded from time to time over the years. Well recently Ive notice the spot where my hairloss started is getting worse. I know for a fact this isnt a shed and the .5mg Dutasteride is losing its effectiveness. Thats the horrible reality of hairloss treatment. You are only buying yourself time. How much time depends on the aggressiveness of your hairloss obviously. Well my time has come. However I'm not one to give up. I'm getting on RU58841 immediately and ordered some today. I heard almost nothing but good things about RU58841 in regards to fighting hairloss. This is what I'am considering my hail mary attempt in my treatment. I'am also considering increasing my dosage of Dutas from .5mg to 1mg but don't know if it makes much of a difference and is worth it. I know you will want pictures but I really dont need to post them to get validation. I know my hair very well and have been watching the part of my hairline where my hairloss started carefully. You will just have to trust me. The only thing I will say is that yes this could potentially be a shed as this isnt the first time its done this over the years. The thinning came abruptly and out of nowhere. A few months ago it was doing pretty well. But I'm not chancing it.

Curious about your dutasteride results, when exactly did you start noticing your hair thicken? Also, are you diffuse thinner? I'm also on dutasteride, 8/9 months now, and still shedding. I'm gonna hold out till 1.5years/2years to see if it starts working. If not I'll also be adding in RU. I've come across a user who's been using RU for 10 years now with finasteride if I remember correctly and his hair is still crazy thick 10 years later. He went from really noticeable blading diffuse loss to no sign of hair loss at all.

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Curious about your dutasteride results, when exactly did you start noticing your hair thicken? Also, are you diffuse thinner? I'm also on dutasteride, 8/9 months now, and still shedding. I'm gonna hold out till 1.5years/2years to see if it starts working. If not I'll also be adding in RU. I've come across a user who's been using RU for 10 years now with finasteride if I remember correctly and his hair is still crazy thick 10 years later. He went from really noticeable blading diffuse loss to no sign of hair loss at all.

Little over a year after did I notice my hair thicken dramatically. Matter of fact around the 9 month mark I had a huge shed. It was insane and I had to shave my head for the time being. I'm not a diffuse thinner but have a receding hairline. I thicken up everywhere though. My hair is thicker than most Ive been told by multiple hair stylist. The hairline is what was shedding the most. It even receded back a little bit but I stuck it out and it regrew. I do have a natural high hairline.

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Little over a year after did I notice my hair thicken dramatically. Matter of fact around the 9 month mark I had a huge shed. It was insane and I had to shave my head for the time being. I'm not a diffuse thinner but have a receding hairline. I thicken up everywhere though. My hair is thicker than most Ive been told by multiple hair stylist. The hairline is what was shedding the most. It even receded back a little bit but I stuck it out and it regrew. I do have a natural high hairline.

Lol crazy to read, i quick after 9 months of shedding., go back to finas, maybe i should keep, dont know, time will say

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Increasing dutasteride to 2.5 mg would give you 1-2 year of maintainace . Afterwords you would begin to lose ground. I have tried 2.5 mg dutasteride for more than 2.5 years. If you are losing grounds on 0.5 mg, then you are also sensitive to testosterone.

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's a better dose response with dutasteride than there is with finasteride so increasing the dose might help but I would try an androgen receptor antagonist (RU,CB,Flutamide, ect.) As stated above you still have testosterone and dutasteride will do nothing but increase that. Also you didn't say anything about minoxidil I would get on that asap will definitely buy you some time and thicken what you lost. Keto shampoo is ok too.

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Increasing dutasteride to 2.5 mg would give you 1-2 year of maintainace . Afterwords you would begin to lose ground. I have tried 2.5 mg dutasteride for more than 2.5 years. If you are losing grounds on 0.5 mg, then you are also sensitive to testosterone.
If that was the case than I wouldnt have maintained for 5 years I think.

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's a better dose response with dutasteride than there is with finasteride so increasing the dose might help but I would try an androgen receptor antagonist (RU,CB,Flutamide, ect.) As stated above you still have testosterone and dutasteride will do nothing but increase that. Also you didn't say anything about minoxidil I would get on that asap will definitely buy you some time and thicken what you lost. Keto shampoo is ok too.
Was on minoxidil for a couple of years but honestly it only stimulates growth. It doesnt actually stop miniaturization. It will at first seem like it does but it doesnt last at all unfortunately. I am on RU now. Been on it for a week now. I'm actually shedding where I'm applying it. So hairline is worse right now.

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's what my hairline looks like. It was actually not as bad a couple of weeks ago. I'm thinking the RU is causing some shedding. My right side is worse than my left. This isn't the first time my hairline has shredded like this over the years either. Contrary to popular belief. Testosterone doesnt kill hair follicles. If that was the case I wouldn't have maintained and even regrow for 5 years.

Attachments

• 20200730_180741.jpg
    20200730_180741.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 274
  • 20200730_180808.jpg
    20200730_180808.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 269

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's what my hairline looks like. It was actually not as bad a couple of weeks ago. I'm thinking the RU is causing some shedding. My right side is worse than my left. This isn't the first time my hairline has shredded like this over the years either. Contrary to popular belief. Testosterone doesnt kill hair follicles. If that was the case I wouldn't have maintained and even regrow for 5 years.
Androgens in general, cause hair loss.

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hate to say, but you are the most ignorant moron on this forum. All androgens cause hair loss if you are prone to male pattern baldness.
I mean if testosterone is bad for hair. Why did i regrow and maintain for 5 years? Not trying to sound ignorant. But it just doesnt add up.

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just realize something. For the past few months I have been way more consistent with taking dutasteride. I was looking at my order history And since july of last year I only ordered 90 capsules twice. I didnt realize how inconsistent I have been.

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean if testosterone is bad for hair. Why did i regrow and maintain for 5 years? Not trying to sound ignorant. But it just doesnt add up.
I would guess because hairloss is a progressive disease, and for some it get's aggressive pretty fast. dutasteride 0.5 mg orally ed inhibits about 51% of scalp DHT, which obviously was enough initially for you to arrest the hairloss but as the disease progressed, more DHT and possible testosteron (which is far weaker then DHT) needed to be prevented from attaching to the hair follicles in order to keep them healthy.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hate to say, but you are the most ignorant moron on this forum. All androgens cause hair loss if you are prone to male pattern baldness.

You read some broscience once on a gym bro's website so now you think you know everything. There hasn't been a single case of a male lacking the 5-ar type II enzyme to ever develop hair loss. Unless you're taking steroids you're not going to go bald from testosterone.

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would guess because hairloss is a progressive disease, and for some it get's aggressive pretty fast. dutasteride 0.5 mg orally ed inhibits about 51% of scalp DHT, which obviously was enough initially for you to arrest the hairloss but as the disease progressed, more DHT and possible testosteron (which is far weaker then DHT) needed to be prevented from attaching to the hair follicles in order to keep them healthy.
Would inceasing to 1mg inhibit a lot more DHT?

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There hasn't been a single case of a male lacking the 5-ar type II enzyme to ever develop hair loss.
Well, there is a difference between lacking the 5-AR type 2 enzyme since birth (before balding ever took place), and crushing it after the balding cascade has already begun.

And i think the difference reisdes in the follicles being weaker after baldness has already kick started, so i wouldn't be suprised if even T can miniaturize them.

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you say upping to 1mg would block alot more dht?

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you say upping to 1mg would block alot more dht?
Not sure about 1 mg, but 2.5 mg is shown to supress 79% of scalp DHT, while simultaneously decreasing DHT concentration in plasma with 96%. That sounds a lot, but remember 0.5 mg duta decreases DHT concentration in plasma with 92% so if sides was manageable on 0.5 mg, they probably will be manageable on 2.5 mg.