Dutas Injections. Anyone Trying This?

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
Spanish dermatologist just posted this on twitter. Oral minoxidil + dutas injections.

A pretty good response in my opinion.
Anyone here getting these injections? They say that 3 or 4 a year is enough.

Attachments

• 54552D4D-6513-4EF4-83EB-6F6B001F61AF.png
    54552D4D-6513-4EF4-83EB-6F6B001F61AF.png
    322.5 KB · Views: 504

Monkeys

My Regimen
Reaction score
Spanish dermatologist just posted this on twitter. Oral minoxidil + dutas injections.

A pretty good response in my opinion.
Anyone here getting these injections? They say that 3 or 4 a year is enough.

Injections to where? The scalp I presume? I can't see a pharmacological reason why this would work. Dutasteride prevents conversion of T to DHT systemically. Localizing that effect to the scalp alone is fairly pointless when there is still lots of DHT circulating syatemically.

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
Injections to where? The scalp I presume? I can't see a pharmacological reason why this would work. Dutasteride prevents conversion of T to DHT systemically. Localizing that effect to the scalp alone is fairly pointless when there is still lots of DHT circulating syatemically.

You got a point, yes, but the results are obvious. Are they from oral minoxidil?

Monkeys

My Regimen
Reaction score
You got a point, yes, but the results are obvious. Are they from oral minoxidil?

I mean, it's only a picture, who knows what's really being used.. But yeah if that's truly the treatment then I would say it's the minoxidil doing the work.

Monkeys

My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride has a half life of 3 months so of course 4 times a year is enough. but there will be systemic exposure so you could just take advodart

Dutasteride half life is 5 weeks, but I get your point.

Regardless of the long half life of dutasteride, blocking the local conversion of T to DHT in the scalp alone won't help when the blood DHT level remains high.

Monkeys

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not the case. T converts to DHT all over the body and DHT circulates in the blood. If what you say was true then topical applications of finasteride would be effective but as far as I have seen they are not.

Happy to be educated otherwise, but I'm pretty sure that's whats going on.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not the case. T converts to DHT all over the body and DHT circulates in the blood. If what you say was true then topical applications of finasteride would be effective but as far as I have seen they are not.

There is a line of research suggesting locally produced DHT aka inside the HF is the main culprit, check @Bryan posts about this issue. He was very knowledgable about the androgenic angle.

Maybe thats why dutasteride injections are working so great?

Long John Silver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a line of research suggesting locally produced DHT aka inside the HF is the main culprit, check @Bryan posts about this issue. He was very knowledgable about the androgenic angle.

Maybe thats why dutasteride injections are working so great?

Damn bro he passed away? Seems like he posted lot. May he rest in peace and be reborn with immortal nw0.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Happy to be educated otherwise, but I'm pretty sure that's whats going

It’s actually quite effective. A lot of the conversion takes place locally, at the follicle.
It’s actually quite effective. A lot of the conversion takes place locally, at the follicle.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil alone could do this in my experience. I dont think it's the dutasteride.

Hakandogan

Reaction score
You're right. I gave you the name of the medicine I used. The drug contained dutasteride. I'm gonna change the topic.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score

Blood plasma DHT Is more of an ‘average’ measurement. The conversion of T to DHT happens on site locally in tissue.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

In most tissues dht acts as a paracrine hormone , binding around the spots where it is produced.Not sure where you get your info , the circulating dht levels are 1/10th of the prostate levels .