Dutas helped me. It really works (thank God !!)

Magnavox

Reaction score
Dear Friends,

Firstly I would like to congratulate everyone here, who have been successful in stopping/regrowing hair. I wish everyone continues to have the same success in future also.

I am from India and am a newbie to this wonderful and helpful forum. I sincerely hope someone benifits from my experience.

I started losing hair about 3 years ago. Started as more of a diffuse thinning. Around last year, things really started to get bad to worse, what with my scalp getting visible and me losing hairs by the ton everyday. (Sheesh!!! man it was so depressing). It was then my Dad who works for Dr.Reddy's labs got me samples of Dutas (.5mg caps). I have been taking 1x Dutas (.5mg) + Minoxidil (5%) everyday on a strict regiment. Boy! am I glad I started the treatment. Initially, I did notice slight shedding, which lasted around 2 months or so, but from then its been a wonderful journey.

Not only have I been successful in stopping my hairfall, but I have also regrown hair on the bald patches. Now the patch is completely covered and I don't feel bald any more.

I strong advice using Dutas to prevent hairfall and even regrow to a good extent. Considering the horrible side-effects of other drugs, I find Dutas to be very safe. Infact, I did not experience any side-effects other than the initial shedding.

I guess, many users complain about ineffectiveness of Dutas either because they are not using the drug in the right combination or maybe because they are using the poorer quality ones. The fact that I got it straight from the factory store ensured that the ones I was using were the original ones.

I will continue to use Dutas + Minoxidil for the next comming months and hopefully it will continue to work its miracle on me !!!

Do let me know if you need any more information from me.

Thank you so much

Bye

peakhair

Reaction score
Great to hear! :lol:
One thing that strikes me every time I visit India is how relatively few
bald men I see. It must be a great relief for you to regain your hair.

I started with Avodart 3 months ago and just recently I´ve noticed
how much better my hair feels compared to when I was on propecia.
I still have a bald spot but all countless success stories that I´ve read
about dutasteride makes me pretty optimistic.

The interesting question here is how much of your regrowth comes from
dutasteride and how much from minoxidil.
What´s your impression?

Magnavox

Reaction score
Hello Mattj and Peakhair,

Thanks for your encouragement.

To answer your questions :

1 ) Where were your bald areas? Did you regrow at the front?

I had a bald spot on my crown and very sparse hair at the front. Now the crown part is fully covered and the frontal part is definately more denser that it was around 6 months ago. I am of the opinion that the frontal part hairs do take some extra time to regrow compared to the crown hairs. But yes, I did regrow them using Dutas.

2) The interesting question here is how much of your regrowth comes from dutasteride and how much from minoxidil. What´s your impression?

It is pretty clear that Dutas has much lesser sideeffects than say propecia or other drugs. I do feel that its a right combination of both Dutas and minoxidil that does the trick for me. Both compliment each other and from the results I can say its a very potent combination.

Other than that I also feel that you need to be using genuine Dutas for it to be effective. Maybe many buy these from sources which simply cannot provide quality drugs. Like I said in my first post, since I got it directly from the factory store I was guaranteed quality. Also since Dr.Reddy's, though being an international company, is based in India so I dont have to pay a huge price for it, since its manufacturing is done here.

Maybe I can send you some Dutas. I dont know if there are any rules which prohibit sending abroad. I will inquire at my local courier center and surely let you know asap.

Meanwhile enjoy your holidays and take care of your hair :)

Let me know if you need any more information from me.

Thanks

DragonLord

Reaction score
hi dude
i'm an indian too :)
its good to know dutasteride is working for u
so what do u think of propecia?do u think all the people on finasteride should switch to dutasteride?

Magnavox

Reaction score
Hi sadhairloss, I will get some pictures uploaded very soon and post the url here.

Hello DragonLord, so glad to meet a fellow countrymate here. :)

Well I cannot comment much on Propecia and finasteride since I have'nt used them myself. But from reading other posts one definately gets the feeling that they have more serious side effects that Dutas.

Since dutasteride is working for me I do sugget that its definately worth trying for atleast 5-6 months. I am sure you will get positive results with very less or zero side effects.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Did you get an initial shed with Dutasteride?
I'm 5 weeks into it, and I'll probably be getting a shed at either the 6-week mark or the 3-month mark. Anyhow, I hate sheds. Just wondering if you got one.

Magnavox

Reaction score
Dear Aplunk1,

So good to know that you too are on dutasteride. Believe me, this will surely help you halt baldness and even regrow new hair. As everyone knows dutasteride is the best 5-alpha reductase inhibitor.

Regarding shedding, yes I too did experience initial shedding between the 4th and 6th week of use. However shedding faded rapidly after that and came to complete halt after 8th week or so.

I dont think shedding is something to be unduly worried about. In fact its a good sign - that of Dutas working for you. Just keep your cool and keep continuing with your treatment. It will definately give you results.

Thanks

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Thank you, Magnavox.
That really helps a lot. My shed has already began-- Wish me luck!

Goingat20

Reaction score
hey can u give us an update mangna, curious to see how dutas is working for u

G

Magnavox said:
It is pretty clear that Dutas has much lesser sideeffects than say propecia or other drugs. I do feel that its a right combination of both Dutas and minoxidil that does the trick for me. Both compliment each other and from the results I can say its a very potent combination.

that has no sense.. Dutas is a lot stronger than Propecia, and will do more harm than propecia (if any)

Maybe you should talk again in 10 years and say how well you feel after taking 10 years of dutas.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
Magnavox said:

Whoa . Hold on their buddy. You cannot make such a general statement without proof backing it up. finasteride and dutasteride have an overlap in the set of side effects since they work in a similar way and no studies have been done indicating that either has a higher incidence of sides on a percantage basis.

I really don't want someone reading your post and jumping the gun and getting on dutasteride. dutasteride stays in the system far longer than finasteride does so if they are unfortunate enough to get sides then they are stuck with them longer than if they tried finasteride first.

Please don't interject your personal opinions on such matters. It is great that the drug is working for you, but please don't let your excitement lead to misinformation.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Magnavox, Where in India do you stay? I will be travelling there for office work soon. Can you help me get some genuine Duta from the factory store, Please. Thanks

Goingat20

Reaction score
hairhaircomeagain said:
Magnavox, Where in India do you stay? I will be travelling there for office work soon. Can you help me get some genuine Duta from the factory store, Please. Thanks

The factory makes generics...
Everyone should not look into dutasteride as a first option but a LAST resort.
Goodguy, if HM comes out soon we wont be using it for 10 years, just keeping as much hair as possible on now to that breakthrough (plus finasteride didnt work for some of us).