Dutas + finasteride combo filling temples in

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Update, it has only been two months since I started my 0.5 mg dr. reddy dutas daily / merk proscar 1.25 mg daily treatment and already I am noticing my temples filling in.

My scalp is filling in by expanding about 0.3 - 0.4 cm on each side. The filling in looks much similar to that of diet cola. The hairs are actually up to 1 cm long! This is amazing, as it shows the regrowth must have started quite early.

I am also taking nizoral shampoo 5 minutes left in, daily.

No minoxidil. Even a half-cupfull gets everyone asking what that strong moose smell is. It also weighted my hair down, making it look like crap. Moreover, its more freakin expensive than my dutas treatment.

Other things I noticed:

The "just under the scalp" itch I had around the hairloss regions of my temples has gone away completely. The last few years before my treatment, the itch was so bad I would take extra showers just to relieve the itching.

My hair is a lot less greasy in the mornings.

My weightlifting gains are even better than ever, if anything.

My hair does not "hurt" if I run my fingers through it.

I have a lot less white flakes in my hair. Although I still have a little bit of flaking, it has gone way down.

I notice my rain of massive hairs (aka shedding) has stopped. I get 3-10 hairs falling out now. My g/f no longer complains that my hair is clogging up the shower, even though its longer now than it has been in a long time.

Acing my classes. No brainfog.

Lots of acne appeared in the region I was lossing hair, in temple area, even though I had never had any acne there before. Before treatments, I had zero pimples. Now I am breaking out....

jonny21

Reaction score
That's awesome WoW. I am ordering my dutasteride tomorrow morning and starting a similar regimen ASAP. I wonder if the acne is coming from all the DHT that you're blocking. You've gotta be blocking close to 100% of it. Bopper and Tau are on a similar regimen. I don't know if they've been experiencing increased acne as well. Either way, who gives a crap. As long as the hair is coming in, you can always by some clearasil or something like that. Best of luck.

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
Does it make any sense really to take soo much stuff like that. What about the nizoral everyday, is there a reason for that.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Merk proscar is back up in-case it turns out the indian generics are fakes. I know people swear they are legit, but their oaths are not proof.

Ironically, the only person reporting and photographing any real progress is Jayman, and he is using authentic advodart!

p.s. Another reason to take the proscar is that it is 100% free to me.

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
Update, it has only been two months since I started my 0.5 mg dr. reddy dutas daily / merk proscar 1.25 mg daily treatment and already I am noticing my temples filling in.

My scalp is filling in by expanding about 0.3 - 0.4 cm on each side. The filling in looks much similar to that of diet cola. The hairs are actually up to 1 cm long! This is amazing, as it shows the regrowth must have started quite early.

I am also taking nizoral shampoo 5 minutes left in, daily.

No minoxidil. Even a half-cupfull gets everyone asking what that strong moose smell is. It also weighted my hair down, making it look like crap. Moreover, its more freakin expensive than my dutas treatment.

Other things I noticed:

The "just under the scalp" itch I had around the hairloss regions of my temples has gone away completely. The last few years before my treatment, the itch was so bad I would take extra showers just to relieve the itching.

My hair is a lot less greasy in the mornings.

My weightlifting gains are even better than ever, if anything.

My hair does not "hurt" if I run my fingers through it.

I have a lot less white flakes in my hair. Although I still have a little bit of flaking, it has gone way down.

I notice my rain of massive hairs (aka shedding) has stopped. I get 3-10 hairs falling out now. My g/f no longer complains that my hair is clogging up the shower, even though its longer now than it has been in a long time.

Acing my classes. No brainfog.

Lots of acne appeared in the region I was lossing hair, in temple area, even though I had never had any acne there before. Before treatments, I had zero pimples. Now I am breaking out....

What is your doctors reasoning for using both? I am sure this is a doctor prescribed regime, since no one in their right mind would follow such a protocol unsupervised and without periodic blood workups.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So your taking both. How long have you been on finasteride and any positive results?

Any sides?..I would have though potential for sides very high with both meds.

Sounds like really good success, good decision working for you

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
11andy11 said:
WorldofWarcraft said:
The Merk proscar is back up in-case it turns out the indian generics are fakes. I know people swear they are legit, but their oaths are not proof.

Ironically, the only person reporting and photographing any real progress is Jayman, and he is using authentic advodart!

p.s. Another reason to take the proscar is that it is 100% free to me.

in that day when you take dutasteride you take finasteride or not?

yes, both at once