Dutas 5 Month update not good

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Well, continuing down hill. end of month 5.

Temples have moved back and the u shaped bald patches are appearing at the front. Centre is very sparse back to mid scalp area. Its thinner all over.

I really have no confidence left in this..its not coming back and I just need to slow this loss down. Don't know what to do for the best, can't believe I had full head of hair last year and after treatments its getting destroyed.

People on TV I used to think I was lucky to have more hair than them now i'm worse than them.

So depressing, I know many of you are around same stage and suffering like me, should I give up and go back to low dose of finasteride or just jack it in and take what's coming.

Been on 2 Dutas per week for last 2 months.

T

Timi

Nick

This is what I say
dutasteride is not for everybody

Go back to finasteride

I regret it no day

finasteride is the best what You can do
My Hairs get better with finasteride and works faster
i am slowly lucky with my Hairs off the dutasteride Desaster

Timi

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I got some Dutas from In house Pharmacy and some from United Pharmacy.

It looks the same from both so should be genuine.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Timi said:
Nick

This is what I say
dutasteride is not for everybody

Go back to finasteride

I regret it no day

finasteride is the best what You can do
My Hairs get better with finasteride and works faster
i am slowly lucky with my Hairs off the dutasteride Desaster

Timi

Timi, are you from Mars or something?

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
increase your dosage.

you should be taking at least every other day.

I switched from daily to MWF and started going downhill again until i went back to daily.

2 a week is definitely not enough.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks Skyline, I can certainly try upping the dose again.

You have a great story and results but I have not reacted to dutasteride in the same way...loss has accelerated from an already losing ground on finasteride.

Its going to be a miracle if I ever see any regrowth.

I really am considering foam now as there is nothing really internal that appears to be working in the last year.

Sean68

Reaction score
get on the foam man it becomes just another habit pretty quickly. only takes a couple of minutes.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Where do you UK guys get your foam, I think i've got to go for it. Most of my hairs only gone in the last year so thos follicles may be able to be stimulated...here's hopin.

Sean68

Reaction score
i think most people use m-i-n-o-x-i-d-i-l-d-i-r-e-c-t.co.uk. its around £40 for four cans and takes about a week to arrive. itll thicken your hair and make it look better even if you dont
get any regrowth.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sean, that's not a bad price for that quantity. I'll look it up.

Lasts about a month per can?

oni

Reaction score
Nick4441

Start taking your dutasteride everyday and I have heard that 1 can of foam can last about 6 weeks sometimes more, you don't need it all over your head?

Give the dutasteride and foam a year and you will be happy! plus if you have not already, add Nizoral................................

Good luck..........................