Dutas 4.5 month update..

TTThomasaz1

Reaction score
Well nothing has really changed since I switched from propecia to Dutas.. My temples and hairline seem to have taken a hit. Currently added spironolactone and Dr lees 15 percent xandrox..I thought I would see better results faster since I made the switch from finasteride to dutas with no lag time in between..Maybe they were right when they said dutas makes your hair worse..lol..Should I stay on for 12 months or should I get off dutas? Anyone?

Rutt

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't see any medical reason dutasteride would hurt hair more then finasteride. it does everything finasteride does and it does it better

TTThomasaz1

Reaction score
heres something interesting i left out..About the time i started taking dutas I quit taking the anti depressent lexapro. I have noticed that my libidi has been through the roof! Wondering if it has anything to do with current hair situation. Been more stressed asw ell..Maybe i should get back on lexapro..lol

montrose

Reaction score
I switched from finasteride to dutasteride about a 1 1/2 year ago. The dutasteride has slowed down my hair loss as finasteride did, but I've gotten better regrowth with dutasteride than finasteride. The other thing is that I only take dutasteride 2-3 times a week.

All_The_Above

Established Member
Reaction score
I switched from finasteride to dutasteride 8 and a half months ago. My hair has continued to thin. Some people have had more success after switching but some haven't. I haven't. That's why I also decided to start taking minoxidil two months ago. It is still too early to tell if the minoxidil is helping, although I have noticed some peach fuzz at my temples and the Rogaine foam makes my hair look thicker. I suggest you get on minoxidil before it is too late. I am also losing patience and I am definitely not satisfied with the big 3 just retaining what I have because I have thinned out considerably in the last year. I am now applying insane amounts of Minoxidil to my head throughout the day. I will be sure to report on this experiment and how it is progressing in a month or so. Meanwhile, get on the foam and liquid!

jatropha

Reaction score
Rutt said:
I can't see any medical reason dutasteride would hurt hair more then finasteride. it does everything finasteride does and it does it better

That's assuming it's real Dutasteride.

I am not 100% convinced about the authenticity of the Dutas I have. Out of curiosity I switched to Dutas from Duprost in December, and I've noticed a distinct deterioration of both hairline and density over the course of these last two months. I've been on dutasteride for 6 years and I really hope it's the (supposedly better) Dutas causing some form of Telogen Effluvium which will result in regrowth, rather than the two other options running through my mind (i.e. fake meds, or age-related habituation/degeneration). I'm seriously considering a DHT blood test just to put my mind at rest. Seems quite a lot of people on 'Dutasteride' have been having uninspiring results and it makes me suspicious, given how well it performed in trials.

All_The_Above

Established Member
Reaction score
Where do you buy your Dutaseride from? I buy mine from inhouse. I have also wondered many times about how authentic the dutasteride I have is. Most people on here think that inhouse is honest though

jatropha

Reaction score
I've been getting mine from UnitedPharmacies... They too have a good reputation, but I can't help but think this reputation business is not a very scientific way to establish the authenticity of online vendors.

Something like generic dutasteride would be a great drug to fake, because it has no obvious side effects or symptoms once using it so its hard to know you're getting the real deal. I've tried Argentine Avodart, Cipla's Duprost and Reddy's Dutas, and they all taste the same if you bite the capsule, but that could be a filler.

Seems harsh to indict a company for what seems like excellent customer service, but UP's no quibble policy of refunding/reshipping makes me suspicious as well. I've had a couple of reships, and I didn't even get the customary 'wait a few days' or 'tracking number' conversation I usually get with other vendors in any other sector. If these drugs really cost as much as they do, I'd expect them to be a bit more circumspect about sending out reships without much due diligence...

All_The_Above

Established Member
Reaction score
The Dutas from Inhousepharmacy is from Dr. Reddy's. Dr. Reddy's is apparently a very well established pharmacy in India. Perhaps you are right that it is a good drug to fake, but many of the people who buy the Dr. Reddy's Dutas are buying it to treat an enlarged prostate, so I assume if the drugs were fake, those people would notice a problem and would report it on the net. However, my hair has taken a fairly big hit after switching to Dutas, so I am also a little worried about the quality of the drugs I have. After reading about how cheaply finasteride can be purchased from Walmart, I am considering getting on that in conjunction with the Dr. Reddy's to see what happens.

jatropha

Reaction score
You can have these kinds of genuine/fake arguments til the cows come home, and to be honest build up a pretty strong case for either side, but if my hair continues to deteriorate at the rate it has, I will have the answer I need - what should I trust after all - tenuous inferences or my own lying eyes? :)

Dutas has til the end of March to prove me wrong, otherwise I'm designating it a pile of crap.

All_The_Above

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I'm going to agree with you after giving it a lot of thought. I have enough of a suspicion that either the Dutas from inhouse is 100% bogus or it has possibly been cut with something. Even if it is perfectly legit, my hair has gone to sh*t since I start using it, and really got bad about a few months after I got off the Propecia. Apparently it takes a few months off of Propecia to return back to the point you would be had you never been on Propecia, so this would support the theory that the Dr. Reddy's Dutas is perhaps compromised.

So I have decided to get off Dutasteride. I just had a prescription of Proscar from Medicalwellnesscenter sent to my local Walmart. Since I am overseas, I am going to have my dad pick up the generic finasteride and send it over to me. I switched from Propecia 8.5 months ago and I still have 2.5 months left worth of Dutas. By the time the Finasteride arrives, I will have about 2 months left of Dutasteride. I plan on taking the remaining Dutas and the Finasteride at the same time just to be safe. I will make a quick report on here about the condition of my hair once I get back on Finasteride for a little while.

In other news, I hope the combination of Rogain foam and Kirland Minoxidil starts to work for me. I have been applying Minoxidil for two and a half months now. So far, I have noticed what is basically peach fuzz along parts of hair line and at my temples. From what I have researched, this doesn't really mean a whole lot though. Hopefully the hairs will darken and grow longer and thicker. Initially, I was attempting to apply the liquid both morning and night, but the liquid made my hair greasy and emphasized the thinning of my hair. It became so unacceptable that I decided to switch to Rogaine foam in the morning and liquid Minoxidil at night. I have been only applying Rogaine foam for about a month now. Again, I haven't noticed any really thickening of my hair, but my hair feels stronger and I don't shed at all in the shower even when I tug on my hair. The Rogaine foam is SO MUCH BETTER than the Kirland Minoxidil for day time application. It really dries quickly and it makes the hair looks thicker, even though I think this is just an illusion from the hair being dried out by the alcohol. The drying of the hair is nice in that thickens the hair, but at the same time, it makes the hair look and feel very dry.

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
is there no one on this forum that has had results from dutas from either in house or united?

TTThomasaz1

Reaction score
yea my hair hasnt been this bad in a while.5 month mark on UP dutas by DR reddys and minoxidil 2x a day..My libido is sky high. So im at a crossroad..Do I push on and hold till 12 months or switch back to propecia. Propecia never filled in my crown but it mainted my front pretty decent. My front looks like sh*t! Think I might buy real avodart online and use for the next 6 months to just to make sure..You guys sure there isnt a def link between high libido and hairloss? Cuz i have never been hornier, and my hair has looked this bad in a while..Dont know what to do

montrose

Reaction score
Spanishlad said:
is there no one on this forum that has had results from dutas from either in house or united?

I've been on Duporst from unitedpharmacies for about a year and a half with no problems.

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score
I had used GSK avodart for 6 months and it just made my hairs worse........................

Patrick54

Established Member
Reaction score
Spanishlad said:

I've had good results from Dr Reddys Dutas from inhouse, started out with a loading dose of 1.5 mgs for 10 days and .5mg thereafter, started shedding and regrowing at 2 months.