Duta Usage/Result Survey -- Link Attached!!!!!!

mattam

Reaction score
Calling all Duta users!!

Please help fill out this survey I created on SurveyMonkey.Com. Link is below. It only takes like 1-2 minutes --

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=464091077383

There's enough people out there using dutasteride to make some senses of results. Please help fill this out for benefits of all. I think the survey is fairly detailed so it will be good for analyzing results.

I promise I will tabulate results 1 months from now, regardless of how many people fill it out. But the more people fill in, the more robust the result will be.

Pls. no phony results. I am trying to make this useful to current dutasteride user as well as potential user. Pls. Spread the word...

Thanks..

Matt ... a dutasteride user

mattam

Reaction score
Pretty good responses so far guys....Thanks! Keep it coming.

Some Preliminary numbers:
- Total 8 respondents
- 7 of 8 use various generics, only one using GSK's Avo
- Most are Norwood 1-2.5. 2 respondents are Norwood 3+
- 7 of 8 has been on dutasteride for 2-3 months, 1 has been on for 8 months
- Results are:
-- 3 with exact same hairline and vertex as first day taking dutasteride
-- 2 with marginal improvement to hairline and vertex
-- 2 with worsened hairline and worsened vertex
-- 1 with worsened hariline and same (maintained) vertex
-- 3 out of 8 reported having shed, most occruding around month 1.5-2
since starting.....

That's all for now. Pls. spread the words and get the longer-term user to post....thanks..

mattam

Reaction score
More responses still coming in!!!-- 18 respondents to-date....

Pls. help fill in the survey, especially veteran users of dutasteride.

sam-

Established Member
Reaction score
mattam said:
Pretty good responses so far guys....Thanks! Keep it coming.

Some Preliminary numbers:
- Total 8 respondents
- 7 of 8 use various generics, only one using GSK's Avo
- Most are Norwood 1-2.5. 2 respondents are Norwood 3+
- Results are:
-- 3 with exact same hairline and vertex as first day taking dutasteride
-- 2 with marginal improvement to hairline and vertex
-- 2 with worsened hairline and worsened vertex
-- 1 with worsened hariline and same (maintained) vertex
-- 3 out of 8 reported having shed, most occruding around month 1.5-2
since starting.....

That's all for now. Pls. spread the words and get the longer-term user to post....thanks..

unencouraging results.......:cry:

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
sam- said:
mattam said:

unencouraging results.......:cry:

Most 7/8 have only been on the drug 2-3 months... Too early for any real results... I won't cry until I hear that people dont maintain at 12 months.

Minox_Baby

Established Member
Reaction score
All dutaseride users please do this survey as I'm contemplating using the drug in the next few months and would like a clear picture of the pros and cons.

Regards,
Warren.

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
users...

http://xenicalwtloss.hypermart.net/AVOD ... Xpage.html Here is a link to a site that has compiled user results... Click on the link then go to the Medical Wellness Center Patient Testimonials in red.... Some quotes copied to below (for some reason you cant link directly to the testimonials but can select them once you are on the page... : ( Note they SELL avodart, but hopefully it is a fair collection of user results.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't notice anything for the first three months however now in the fourth month I'm starting to see some improvement. My hair is feeling and looking thicker now. I'm very pleased so far, I hope this trend continues.
Sincerely,
Rxxxxxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The drug is phenomenal. In the 6 months I have used
it, I definitely have noticed regrowth with absolutely
no side effects. Thank you so much for making this
available to me--it has greatly improved my life. JP

I have had great results with avodart thus far. I do have shedding, but it is always followed with a regrowth phase, which leaves my hair looking thicker and stronger each time. Overall it is the best treatment I have used to treat my male pattern baldness and has regrown my hair to nearly the same thickness as when I was in my late teens.

I am having outstanding results and they started about 45 days after beginning. I had an extremely stagnant result with propecia so I was not holding out much hope. Propecia helped me not lose as much but I still lost hair. I have not ever been bald but I was about a 2.5 on the norwood scale. Now after about 4 months I am at a 1.5 to 2. My hair shaft is thicker. I am filling in areas around the front that haven't grown hair in probably 3 to 5 years. If I was reading this I probably wouldn't believe it but BELIEVE ME. I have no reason or vested intrest in avodart to not tell the truth.
For the first time since I was in college I have my hair grown out (about 5 inches long on top) and just comb it straight back everyday. My recession would have been embarassingly noticeable with the hairline I had last year. Simply, it would have looked AWFUL. I am 34 years old and was about to give up hope but am so glad I didn't. I do use minoxidil based products still and other topicals so I'm sure that has something to do with it as well but it wasn't until dutasteride that it really started happening for me. I hope others are having the same results and I hope you can email me back and tell me the response you are getting from others. Thank you for the fantastic service.

Dear Medical Wellness Center,

Concerning my experience thus far with Avodart/Dutasteride, I would have to say it is by far the best hairloss treatment I have used to date (including minoxidil, thymuskin, saw palwetto/nettle/pygeum, etc...). I started using 1/4 tab Proscar about six months prior to Avo/dutasteride and had some positive results, but my hair has really improved since taking Avo/dutasteride. I am currently going through a seasonal "shed" but my hair is far better than it was at this time last year. (I am currenlty using no other regrowth tx).

I had some dry skin/dry eye symptoms early on which have since stabilized. The dry eye is gone, and my skin feels "normal" again although much less oily than previous (it looks better as well). The only negative side effect I've really experienced is some weight gain, probably from increased testosterone -> estrogen conversion, but I'm making progress on that end with more exercise.

I would definately be interested in ordering from MedsDirect when my current supply is gone.

Thank you.

Dxxxxxx

Dear Medicall Wellness Center,
Here is my experience, I am Dutch, so there maybe some grammar mistakes!

I have used finasteride for about three years with good success,

the fourth year it looked like finasteride has lost his strength, because every month my hair got worse

and had more loss. I felt really bad that finasteride was not working anymore!

Five months ago, I started taking avodart.

First week little bit of headache , but this went away after two weeks.

Also in the very beginning I noticed more oily skin?? but this also went away!

week three and four shedding, and shedding that I never noticed in the beginning of propecia

The shedding lasted for about three weeks in total.

After that , it went better every month, No more side effects whatsoever, except a little bit of gain wait, but maybe I have to do more exercise !!

Month three and four , noticeable thick hair and regrowth in the crown, the thickening of hair is very noticeable, Inever had this thick hair while on finasteride. Also my hair feels less oily , which feels a lot better.

Regrowth in the crown, also very noticeable , not only me, but also other people saw the progress.

Unfortunately no regrowth in the front, but its only my fith month!

Month three and four were very good, and looked very promising.

This month, my fifth, my hair does not feel very thick anymore, but maybe its a face,

I think I really can give a good experience after a year, and I hope I will see the same results the up coming months which I had in month three and four.

There is one thing that is also noticeable. When I was young I used to have really blond hair.

When I got older my hair got more dark blond, only on summer holiday it got blonder due to the sun.

Well, its so strange but my hair gets blonder on avodart!! People think I am blonding my hair!!!

I never had this while on propecia. I like it, but I never knew that dht, has something to do with the colour of the hair??

Anyway, Its ups and downs, but it looks promising, because the last year on finasteride, it only was going downwards, and with avodart, I have good hair days again!!

Thanks for your interest, and your service, I will soon fillng in for another prescription, and if you like I will give you the results after a year of using avodart

greetings
erik

slight shed , thicker hair overall
no shedding,extreme thickening of hair, excellent results
no side effects whatsoever. i am very!! pleased with the results Hair has stabilized and stopped falling out. Regrowth has been gradual
noticed very little hairloss shortly after start and have added considerable density. I have not had any shedding periods.
notices a slowing of loss
Things seemed to get thinner weeks 4 -8 then, considerable thickening on entire scalp from week 16 until now. Not sure if I am continuing to improve but very happy with the results so far. Much better than when I was on Proscar from Aug 1988 to Dec 2002.
had initial shedding, hairloss slowed/stopped after ~4 months
Hair is thicker, crown filling in, lots of work needed though
There was an inital significant shed (particularly about the crown) about one month into the medication, which lasted for several weeks. Subsequently, there was substantial regrowth to the point that the hair is markedly more dense than when I began treatment. Frontal hairline has remained largely unchanged, but some marginal new hairgrowth (approximately 1/2 inches in length or less)is visible just at, or below, the existing hairline.
Notable loss by High School age, increased in college. Improved greatly with Avodart .5mg/day as only treatment.
No shedding. Regrowth at 3 months.
I had minimal shedding, no side effects. My hair is much thicker and healthier looking. Still not sure if any growth is occurring. But results were much more better than propecia or minoxidil. Thickening about month 5 and has been getting better ever since. Random hairs around temple area where hairline used to be. Very excited to continue using avodart.
Notice changes right away my hair loss stopped
Noticed changes within second month. Thickening of existing hair. Some vellous regrowth at temples.
Yes had initial shedding at the 3 month but it resided
It took about 3 months and I started to see a thickening on the crown and along the sides and front. I had no shedding or any side effects other than more hair.
Stopped hairloss at the most after 5 to 6 months, no initial shedding, no regrowth.
Thickening in Mid Anterior and crown, slight shedding at the frontal Hair line
My hair loss is stopped, and some thickening started 1 month ago.

stopped hairloss witjin first 2weeks. regrowing in temple and crown areas
Noticed overall improvement within 3 months. My crown, which was quite thin, has almost completely filled in. New hair continuing to grow in around hairline and on top.
I took Propecia with good results starting in 1999 and then switched to Avodart in 2002 with even better results.

Shedding was significant in the first 3 months. After shedding came significant flaking and red irration of the scalp. Currently I have remaing irration on my scalp.

Chipper

Reaction score
Side Effects

What about side effects such as super dry skin that causes premature ageing? You all leave out one of the most important issues and thats the side effects.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Pretty sure I filled in a section of the survey concerned with side effects, unless this dutasteride is screwing with my memory.