Duta/Minox5%/nizoral for 3 years....

diffusethinner

Reaction score
Alright. 3 years ago, I used to come here everyday... multiple times a day. I started Duta 3 years ago in January, and minoxidil 2 1/2 years ago. I had such spetactular results that I was getting comments about how thick my hair was (I am a diffuse thinner) and I simply STOPPED thinking about my hair. I lost the hats, and never worried about my hair anymore. I must have gotten complacent, because I forgot to reorder my duta and went most of the spring and summer without it. I finally reordered some in September and vowed to not let that kind of time slip by without Duta. The thing is, for the first time in YEARS, my front hairline looks thin and I am back to worrying. What do you guys think? Is it just a shed from dropping the Duta for a while? Will things come back? Have I done irreparable damage?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Well, first of all, you can't live in the past, and you cannot live a life of regret. No, you shouldn't have discontinued treatment. Alcoholics begin drinking after they have been experiencing a great life without alcohol... They want a drink to celebrate, then they screw up all over again...

I don't think it's irreperable damage. I just think that it will probably take you awhile to get back on the boat again, to get desireable results again. Dutasteride takes a long time to work, to my understanding.

Magnavox

Reaction score
Yes, once you have found something that really works for you, you should make sure you dont completely stop taking it unless for some unavoidable reasons. I have been on Dutas for around a year now and the results are amazing.

You can definately regrow your lost hair with Dutas. I dont think it will take any more time that it did for you the first time.

Thanks

diffusethinner

Reaction score
so you guys dont think that, and this just enetered my mind, that the products have simply worn off? I guess thats nonsense, but I cant help thinking it. It HAS been almost 3 years of duta, and even tho the studies for finasteride show perfectly good maintainence at that point, (same with Min) I get scared anyway.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Magnavox said:
Yes, once you have found something that really works for you, you should make sure you dont completely stop taking it unless for some unavoidable reasons. I have been on Dutas for around a year now and the results are amazing.

You can definately regrow your lost hair with Dutas. I dont think it will take any more time that it did for you the first time.

Thanks

you have 5 posts now and the only thing you seem to post about is the AMAZING properties of Dutasteride.
Do u have some sort of agenda?

Magnavox

Reaction score
JayB said:
Magnavox said:

Thanks

you have 5 posts now and the only thing you seem to post about is the AMAZING properties of Dutasteride.
Do u have some sort of agenda?

Yes I have had amazing results with Dutas. Thats all.