Duta Makes You Shed And Doesn't Help?

Joe1111

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've read everywhere that Duta isn't more effective than fina. I'm a woman and I'd like to try duta, before maybe switching to stronger things just like androcur but I'm afraid I'll lose all my hair, I've read about horrible stories

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I’m a woman and I have started taking duta in July (0.5 mg every other day). I am also taking a small dose of spironolactone (50mg) and am using minoxidil in combination with microneedling and and LLT.
My hair is slowly improving but it’s still early days...

I have tried Androcur in the past but it made me feel horrible.

Joe1111

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi! I started minoxidil and finasteride cause I'm really afraid of androcur. I will consider it as the last chance. I wanted to add dutasteride, now I'm adding microneedling and LLT also. Do you think Duta makes hair worse? I've read horrible stories about never ending shedding. Also, do you use oral minoxidil? Thanks

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I don’t think dutasteride makes your hair worse. I went through a shedding phase in July, but I think it was caused by the minoxidil, which I started in June.
So far I haven’t noticed any side effects from dutasteride.

I use topical minoxidil, 1x/day.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I am seeing new hairs sprout. It started at my hairline (I posted pictures of this in the microneedling thread). I have diffuse unpatterned hair loss that is entirely androgenetic.

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi joe1111 couldn't you try estrogen injections........ I believe having estrogen at high levels could be beneficial.