Dustasteride 0.5mg compared to finasteride 1mg and 0.5mg

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Patrick54 said:
The only way you'll know for sure is to try Dustasteride.

I'll have no choice. finasteride is just brutal, and I have lost energy to continue to use it. The only problem is finasteride actually worked on the back of my head and I have regrown almost all the hair I lost. The front on the other hand made no progress.

Patrick54

Established Member
Reaction score
Hopefully Dustasteride won't give you any sides, I started on Dustasteride 60 days ago, even took a loading dose of 3 pills for the first 10 days and experienced no sides but I've had no experience with finasteride. Good luck :doctor:

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Patrick54 said:
Hopefully Dustasteride won't give you any sides, I started on Dustasteride 60 days ago, even took a loading dose of 3 pills for the first 10 days and experienced no sides but I've had no experience with finasteride. Good luck :doctor:

My understanding is it takes time but eventually the sides kick in.

Patrick54

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's some info I found on the side effects of dutasteride.
"Dutas side effects:
major side effects of dutasteride as reported from studies on a group of 2,167 patients were: Impotence (from 4.7% impotence in first half year to 0.8% impotence after two years of use), Loss of libido (from 1.4% in first six months down to 0.3% after two years of use), Ejaculation disorders and Breast disorders (from 1.4% to 0.1% and from 0.5% to 0.6%, respectively during a period of 24 months)." http://www.nobalding.com/dutas-results/

Reibun

Reaction score
Question, what is your lifestyles while taking finasteride or dust while you are having these side effects? Aka: how much do you work out, whats your body weight, what age are you, how much do you eat, what do you eat, so on .

moseymoose

Established Member
Reaction score
smitysmity said:
Mens Rea said:
smitysmity said:
It's official though that Finasteride is causing me to become very drowsy and weak. I assume I will get these same side effects with Dustasteride?

Nope

You'll get far worse symptoms.

Only reason I am truly arguing is because I want some hope with this but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

At least the positive news is 24 to 48 hours after it's out of my system, I feel so much better. Add that to the fact that I am ADHD which makes me drowsy when taking medicine, and it's a double effect. It looks like it's down to RU, minoxidil, and Bimatoprost.

It's interesting that you should point out the ADHD thing, I've never took notice if medicine makes me drowsy or not, since I also have it, ritalin makes me feel full of energy, yet totally focused. Only medication I've ever took that made me feel lethargic I think was Fluxacillin 500mg. Do you find drowsiness if you experience any systemic absorption of tropical medications? and does the vitamin B's you take help this?

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
moseymoose said:
It's interesting that you should point out the ADHD thing, I've never took notice if medicine makes me drowsy or not, since I also have it, ritalin makes me feel full of energy, yet totally focused. Only medication I've ever took that made me feel lethargic I think was Fluxacillin 500mg. Do you find drowsiness if you experience any systemic absorption of tropical medications? and does the vitamin B's you take help this?

I have severe ADHD/ADD so I am on Vyvanse. The only side effect is it makes you slightly drowsy which a boost of coffee can fix that. Only problem with the drug is it costs $7 a pill compared to the cheaper ones that are about $0.50 to $1.00.

I've tried all the known ones out there and they cause side effects.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
smitysmity said:
moseymoose said:

I have severe ADHD/ADD so I am on Vyvanse. The only side effect is it makes you slightly drowsy which a boost of coffee can fix that. Only problem with the drug is it costs $7 a pill compared to the cheaper ones that are about $0.50 to $1.00.

I've tried all the known ones out there and they cause side effects.

Hey man you should check out the new forum, I just added some very important information about Bimatoprost!

I already responded to everyone.

moseymoose

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: healthy greeting

lintian12 said:
Yes ah, in a healthy greeting, which metropolis would not people disarming to a tracheophyte of unanticipated beautify to undo, it present only fetch error in thinking, for example, now can not get pass: This youthful man is in elevate of her or against her? She should moot with him, or to let it go? She definite to let it go, and eventually centering mkata said: "You make to understand that children, describing things that are there now no solon than account, but you cognize there's something in the incoming instrument be more easier.
Treasure winners were apiece addressed by their names. They are no shelves, really direct. We incline to imagine the author session in the clouds, the lineament discolor, sky intoxicated,IAMSPAMREPORTTOCASSIN! is actually not much situation. on all the fun in beingness, they also outside the door, they suchlike to eat, crapulence, and always with their friends.
They always similar to questionable children, smiling so overmuch fun! can say that they've genuinely joyous vivification. but to pen novels, it module fellsentence. Shen membrane incredibly, there was virtually a faint annulus. Of layer, the malignance is inferior than half, and the edge has get downlike, I can barely vie it. But at the same time the gore had been broken, they gave me to eat a unscheduled category of punishment, to increase the discolour gore cells (which likely change to puddle any added harm!). And "in ordination to make creation of albescent execution cells" (they are so stated in!), They poverty to deal me shot concentrate! Is just sheer savage! Why not break me a glaze of refreshed milk on it to end! What to say I do not let them perform much a stylus.

Sorry what?

Cassin

Reaction score
Re: healthy greeting

moseymoose said:
lintian12 said:
Yes ah, in a healthy greeting, which metropolis would not people disarming to a tracheophyte of unanticipated beautify to undo, it present only fetch error in thinking, for example, now can not get pass: This youthful man is in elevate of her or against her? She should moot with him, or to let it go? She definite to let it go, and eventually centering mkata said: "You make to understand that children, describing things that are there now no solon than account, but you cognize there's something in the incoming instrument be more easier.
Treasure winners were apiece addressed by their names. They are no shelves, really direct. We incline to imagine the author session in the clouds, the lineament discolor, sky intoxicated,IAMSPAMREPORTTOCASSIN! is actually not much situation. on all the fun in beingness, they also outside the door, they suchlike to eat, crapulence, and always with their friends.
They always similar to questionable children, smiling so overmuch fun! can say that they've genuinely joyous vivification. but to pen novels, it module fellsentence. Shen membrane incredibly, there was virtually a faint annulus. Of layer, the malignance is inferior than half, and the edge has get downlike, I can barely vie it. But at the same time the gore had been broken, they gave me to eat a unscheduled category of punishment, to increase the discolour gore cells (which likely change to puddle any added harm!). And "in ordination to make creation of albescent execution cells" (they are so stated in!), They poverty to deal me shot concentrate! Is just sheer savage! Why not break me a glaze of refreshed milk on it to end! What to say I do not let them perform much a stylus.

Sorry what?

Its spam....you can report it so I will take care of it. Thanks.

kwg1980

Reaction score
smitysmity said:
These are both quite possibly the worst products on the hair loss market you can allow your body to absorb. I personally take finasteride myself and I have to say my goal is to get off of it as soon as I see other products are working as there is no reason in my opinion to continue to use finasteride if it's not actually regrowing your hair and once it has done it's job, it's time to move on.

Huh? As another poster said, so many things depend on a persons daily routine to accurately claim XYZ caused ABC. My point is this. Most things we eat, or are exposed to on a daily basis have some sort of harmful chemical contained. I saw you stated that you are on Vynase for ADHD, yet you are reluctant to take finasteride? This makes very little sense being that one of the main side effects of taking a central nervous system stimulant are increased suicidal thoughts and drug dependency.

I'm assuming you drink tap water and brush your teeth? Well you are getting a daily dose of fluoride which is a unprocessed, industrial waste-product from the pollution scrubbers of the phosphate fertilizer industry and one of the key ingredients in sarin gas. So, while taking finasteride every day may seem like a bad idea are you realistically going to stop drinking water and brushing your teeth, etc etc to eliminate any risk of a hazardous chemical from entering your system?

moseymoose

Established Member
Reaction score
kwgood1980 said:
smitysmity said:
These are both quite possibly the worst products on the hair loss market you can allow your body to absorb. I personally take finasteride myself and I have to say my goal is to get off of it as soon as I see other products are working as there is no reason in my opinion to continue to use finasteride if it's not actually regrowing your hair and once it has done it's job, it's time to move on.

Huh? As another poster said, so many things depend on a persons daily routine to accurately claim XYZ caused ABC. My point is this. Most things we eat, or are exposed to on a daily basis have some sort of harmful chemical contained. I saw you stated that you are on Vynase for ADHD, yet you are reluctant to take finasteride? This makes very little sense being that one of the main side effects of taking a central nervous system stimulant are increased suicidal thoughts and drug dependency.

I'm assuming you drink tap water and brush your teeth? Well you are getting a daily dose of fluoride which is a unprocessed, industrial waste-product from the pollution scrubbers of the phosphate fertilizer industry and one of the key ingredients in sarin gas. So, while taking finasteride every day may seem like a bad idea are you realistically going to stop drinking water and brushing your teeth, etc etc to eliminate any risk of a hazardous chemical from entering your system?

ADHD effects day to day life directly, nobody but those with ADHD can fully understand what it's like so I can understand why he decides to take that drug regardless of its side.

Also, you make a good point, but I think there's a difference between having minute quantities of chemical ingested when brushing your teeth or drinking tap water and actively adjusting the levels of hormones in your body. But I do see your point about the chemicals in the water which is why I drink bottled, but I don't think it's reasonable to justify it's comparison to the risks of finasteride.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
moseymoose said:
kwgood1980 said:
smitysmity said:

ADHD effects day to day life directly, nobody but those with ADHD can fully understand what it's like so I can understand why he decides to take that drug regardless of its side.

Also, you make a good point, but I think there's a difference between having minute quantities of chemical ingested when brushing your teeth or drinking tap water and actively adjusting the levels of hormones in your body. But I do see your point about the chemicals in the water which is why I drink bottled, but I don't think it's reasonable to justify it's comparison to the risks of finasteride.

It's a ridiculous comparison.

Finasteride seems more common than 2%. Drinking tap water on the other hand isn't going to cause the side effects Finasteride does.

kwg1980

Reaction score

Also, you make a good point, but I think there's a difference between having minute quantities of chemical ingested when brushing your teeth or drinking tap water and actively adjusting the levels of hormones in your body. But I do see your point about the chemicals in the water which is why I drink bottled, but I don't think it's reasonable to justify it's comparison to the risks of finasteride.It's a ridiculous comparison.

Finasteride seems more common than 2%. Drinking tap water on the other hand isn't going to cause the side effects Finasteride does.

It's hardly a ridiculous comparison or 63% of British Colombia would not have voted to have the chemical removed entirely from their drinking water. Even in a small quantities, it is simply not good for you, this is just empirical fact. And you are correct, it does not cause the same side effects as finasteride. The Department of Health in New Jersey found that bone cancer in male children was between two and seven times greater in areas where water was fluoridated. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) researchers confirmed the bone cancer-causing effects of fluoride at low levels in an animal model. A new study has shown that fluoridation of water is linked to uterine cancer deaths. Impairs the immune system, creates dementia like effects etc etc.

No one can realistically sit here and claim holier then thou when it comes to finasteride, dura or any other product being that you are most likely polluting the hell out of your system with other things. People should be focusing on

A. Does it work?
B. Is it the best bang for the buck?

Not trying to prescribe medical advice based on how it reacts in his/her system. You could potentially prevent someone from getting it, having amazing results and never having one side effect.

Last I checked, there was no natural or easily obtained way to generate the same results. For some people ADHD can be controlled by proper diet , and exercise(I was on adderall XR for YEARS and have not been on any medication in about 8+ with no problems simply by changing my diet and staying on a consistent exercise regiment.) It is no different then dropping a mentos in coke. Certain compounds are simply not supposed to mixed together. No one on this board can accurately claim that finasteride or any other drug for hair loss is not potentially reacting with something else in his/her system. When there is 60+ years of research to back those claims like the ones for fluoride, I'll be the first person throwing it out.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
kwgood1980 said:

Also, you make a good point, but I think there's a difference between having minute quantities of chemical ingested when brushing your teeth or drinking tap water and actively adjusting the levels of hormones in your body. But I do see your point about the chemicals in the water which is why I drink bottled, but I don't think it's reasonable to justify it's comparison to the risks of finasteride.[quote:389u023l]

It's hardly a ridiculous comparison or 63% of British Colombia would not have voted to have the chemical removed entirely from their drinking water. Even in a small quantities, it is simply not good for you, this is just empirical fact. And you are correct, it does not cause the same side effects as finasteride. The Department of Health in New Jersey found that bone cancer in male children was between two and seven times greater in areas where water was fluoridated. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) researchers confirmed the bone cancer-causing effects of fluoride at low levels in an animal model. A new study has shown that fluoridation of water is linked to uterine cancer deaths. Impairs the immune system, creates dementia like effects etc etc.

No one can realistically sit here and claim holier then thou when it comes to finasteride, dura or any other product being that you are most likely polluting the hell out of your system with other things. People should be focusing on

A. Does it work?
B. Is it the best bang for the buck?

Not trying to prescribe medical advice based on how it reacts in his/her system. You could potentially prevent someone from getting it, having amazing results and never having one side effect.

Last I checked, there was no natural or easily obtained way to generate the same results. For some people ADHD can be controlled by proper diet , and exercise(I was on adderall XR for YEARS and have not been on any medication in about 8+ with no problems simply by changing my diet and staying on a consistent exercise regiment.) It is no different then dropping a mentos in coke. Certain compounds are simply not supposed to mixed together. No one on this board can accurately claim that finasteride or any other drug for hair loss is not potentially reacting with something else in his/her system. When there is 60+ years of research to back those claims like the ones for fluoride, I'll be the first person throwing it out.[/quote:389u023l]

There is nothing to argue about here. You're just making a point which is irrelevant to this topic. Who drinks tap water anyway unless you're drinking well water and you live well outside the city in a remote location anyway?

finasteride causes side effects. You should try it if you haven't but expect side effects whereas other products equally or less effective may not. The point is that finasteride has caused more side effects than almost any other hair loss drug out there and that is a fact based on testimonials.

moseymoose

Established Member
Reaction score
kwgood1980 said:

Also, you make a good point, but I think there's a difference between having minute quantities of chemical ingested when brushing your teeth or drinking tap water and actively adjusting the levels of hormones in your body. But I do see your point about the chemicals in the water which is why I drink bottled, but I don't think it's reasonable to justify it's comparison to the risks of finasteride.[quote:z7dkfud4]

[/quote:z7dkfud4]

Kinda went over my head, but I'm glad I use organic toothpaste and drink mineral water lmao. They put far too much chemicals in stuff. One of the reasons I can never bring myself to buy reformed meat. I'd rather use the butcher for the sake of a few pennies lol.