Dupa's Victim At Age 15-16! Please Help Me, Thanks!

Micao93

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am new to this website and this is my first post. I'll keep it short and simple, please provide help.
I am the youngest in my family and the only one with curly hair. I started noticing my hair falling out at around age 15-16. That was back in 2008/2009. The shedding stopped when I was 19-20. I am 23 years old now. I have my head shaved for over 5 years now I believe.
I don't really know much about the treatment for DUPA since there isn't really that much information on Dupa, it's all on dpa.
Because of this I have been lacking in self-confidence and it pretty much ruined my social life, along with a long list of other problems in my life. I became really depressed and developed extreme anxiety too. I was on the verge of suicide back then.
My questions are; is it treatable? Can someone point me to the direction of the treatments and the process?

These pictures are of me 3days after fully shaving my head.
IMG_0451.JPG
IMG_0457.JPG
IMG_0455.JPG
image.jpg
IMG_0448.JPG

rafiles

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am new to this website and this is my first post. I'll keep it short and simple, please provide help.
I am the youngest in my family and the only one with curly hair. I started noticing my hair falling out at around age 15-16. That was back in 2008/2009. The shedding stopped when I was 19-20. I am 23 years old now. I have my head shaved for over 5 years now I believe.
I don't really know much about the treatment for DUPA since there isn't really that much information on Dupa, it's all on dpa.
Because of this I have been lacking in self-confidence and it pretty much ruined my social life, along with a long list of other problems in my life. I became really depressed and developed extreme anxiety too. I was on the verge of suicide back then.
My questions are; is it treatable? Can someone point me to the direction of the treatments and the process?
I was on the verge of suicide back then.

Forget the word suicide.
As you already shave your head, you can try all treatments at the same time if you want (if you have money),
like finasteride, minoxidil, RU, Ket ...
But first go to a derm

Micao93

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you use Minoxidil? And/or finasteride?
Your treatment is the same as DPA and Androgenetic Alopecia, as I understood it, you are just not a candidate to hair transplant.
You should try finasteride and minoxidil. Also you should go the the best derm you know on your area. He will tell you about what you can do.

Hang in there. I know it's hard. I can tell you have a good-shaped scalp to wear shaved hair. Try to focus on the positive and start the treatments if you have not.

Good luck

Oh that's great to know! I haven't tried the treatments yet but I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion.

Forget the word suicide.
As you already shave your head, you can try all treatments at the same time if you want (if you have money),
like finasteride, minoxidil, RU, Ket ...
But first go to a derm

Thanks, I will!

By the way, if I use these treatments what kind of shampoo do I use? Do I even use shampoo? lol since no hair.

rafiles

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh that's great to know! I haven't tried the treatments yet but I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks, I will!

By the way, if I use these treatments what kind of shampoo do I use? Do I even use shampoo? lol since no hair.

Ket is a shampoo