Dupa (diffuse Unpatterned Alopecia) Vs. Bupa (bald Unpatterned Alopecia). Dr. Lorenzo. Injertocapila

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice to know I have bupa, really reassuring.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Valuable information on this one, touches subjects that have been discussed here before about transplants and their efficacy long term, donor area and surely makes us think twice about Tsuji and how plausible his plan is. Excellent contribution from doctor Lorenzo though yet again.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Valuable information on this one, touches subjects that have been discussed here before about transplants and their efficacy long term, donor area and surely makes us think twice about Tsuji and how plausible his plan is. Excellent contribution from doctor Lorenzo though yet again.

So basically for someone which is donor zone is thinning over time (lets say it started thinning in his 20's), the best futures treatments like donoz zone cloning wont even work ??

that means i am officially fucked.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So basically for someone which is donor zone is thinning over time (lets say it started thinning in his 20's), the best futures treatments like donoz zone cloning wont even work ??

Without medication yes. We are. It’s sort of liberating tbh, there is nothing worse for a hair loss sufferers to hang from a thread of hope for ever.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Without medication yes. We are. It’s sort of liberating tbh, there is nothing worse for a hair loss sufferers to hang from a thread of hope for ever.

well i still think that one day they will be able to produce something better than fina or duta, blocking dht only in the hair follicules and not over the entire body. It is such an important male hormone !!

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Two options

1) If you have any hair left over, that hair by definition is resistant. So depending on how many follicles you have and the amplification possible by the cloning technique employed, you may have enough. For example if 100x amplification is possible, only 100 FU are required to produce 10,000 grafts; enough for a full restoration. The amplification factor remains unknown thus far.

2) In the far away future, it may be possible to genetically modify the FUs to imbibe them with androgen resistance. This is not simply speculation on my part, it is discussed within Riken, albeit still speculatively.

3) If you watched the video, you would see that the doctor discussed how in many cases, the thinning donor responds well to current treatments. I don't really know much more about the efficacy of antiandrogens in diffuse loss than beyond what was covered in the video.

4) Yer fucked m8. It is impossible to enjoy any aspect of life without hair.

Edit: As pointed out, 100,000 FUs are not necessary. I had an extra 0. My mistake!

Last edited:

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Two options

1) If you have any hair left over, that hair by definition is resistant. So depending on how many follicles you have and the amplification possible by the cloning technique employed, you may have enough. For example if 1000x amplification is possible, only 100 FU are required to produce 100,000 grafts; enough for a full restoration. The amplification factor remains unknown thus far.

2) In the far away future, it may be possible to genetically modify the FUs to imbibe them with androgen resistance. This is not simply speculation on my part, it is discussed within Riken, albeit still speculatively.

3) If you watched the video, you would see that the doctor discussed how in many cases, the thinning donor responds well to current treatments. I don't really know much more about the efficacy of antiandrogens in diffuse loss than beyond what was covered in the video.

4) Yer fucked m8. It is impossible to enjoy any aspect of life without hair.

This is nice to hear ! i also doubt even in a thinning donor zone, we couldn't find at least 1000 units which are not so much affected by dht..

But 100 000 grafts is way too much, i think even at 20 000 grafts it is enough for a full restoration effect, there's till the possibility to use only the ''hair'' units for the hairline and body hair/beard for the back of the head (if you really have not enough donor zone not destroyed by dht)

H

Reaction score

Did you see anyone on there with less then 200 hairs still on their head? I think cloning will be fine.

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you see anyone on there with less then 200 hairs still on their head? I think cloning will be fine.

Indeed. Nobody loses every single hair follicle on their head unless they have alopecia totalis, and even then there's promising medication that is way more likely to be released and work effectively than the male pattern baldness treatments discussed on this forum. And when it comes to Tsuji's treatment, I'm fairly certain that the sampled hair follicles are checked for DHT resistance, so nobody's fucked.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems like he's just indicating there can be thinning in the donor areas in some cases (looks like it's more often with diffuse). My donor area hair is very thick and I think that's the case for most male pattern baldness sufferers

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems like he's just indicating there can be thinning in the donor areas in some cases (looks like it's more often with diffuse). My donor area hair is very thick and I think that's the case for most male pattern baldness sufferers

No, he mentions a ton more than just that.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, he mentions a ton more than just that.
Hm. In the 10 minute video I got he goes over DUPA (diffuse unpatterned) and compares it to his term BUPA (bald unpatterned) which he uses to show that donor follicle loss doesn't just occur in diffuse pattern and this results in donor follicles sometimes balding unexpectedly. Not sure what video you got

H

Reaction score
Indeed. Nobody loses every single hair follicle on their head unless they have alopecia totalis, and even then there's promising medication that is way more likely to be released and work effectively than the male pattern baldness treatments discussed on this forum. And when it comes to Tsuji's treatment, I'm fairly certain that the sampled hair follicles are checked for DHT resistance, so nobody's fucked.
It also says right on their site they can change the fate of the follicle so even if you have hair that will miniaturize given time you might still be good.

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It also says right on their site they can change the fate of the follicle so even if you have hair that will miniaturize given time you might still be good.

Yes, but the changing the fate of the follicles (in this case) will most likely involve genetic engineering rather than adding different cells to an existing hair follicle primordium, as is the case in changing hair thickness and colour. Changing the genes of the hair cells will bring problems of their own, including a higher risk of tumorigenesis. But with that being said, I don't think changing the genes will be necessary as they will simply take whatever hair follicles are deemed DHT-resistant and multiply them. My understanding is that depilating DHT-sensitive hair follicles is an option as well for those who are worried about future hair loss.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

well i dont have this chance to have a really thick and strong ''horseshoe''.

Its crazy im just a norwood 2 turning 26 in couple months, but i have thinning under my ears and behind my head at the start of my neck

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What do you call the sh*t I have?

Attachments

• IMG_20180716_164334.jpg
    IMG_20180716_164334.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 572
  • 15374857733457450720013813314506.jpg
    15374857733457450720013813314506.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 477