DUMPING PROPECIA.. So Hesitant but need advice

G

I've been on Propecia for 3 months now.

At the 3rd month mark.. I've noticed a very slight increase of hair thickness and tiny tiny tiny vellus hairs on my temples.

I REALLY want to continue Propecia.. today is the first day I haven't taken a pill, but this is whats happened since starting Propecia.

1. ACNE.. Bad sh*t.. All over my face and back and chest as well as shoulders and upper arms. I had acne on my back and mild acne on the chest but this sh*t exploded when I started Propecia. Im now on Anti-biotics to counter that.

2. My nipple circles have enlarged. I took my shirt off and my mates pissed themselves laughing at the size of my nipples. Now Im freaking out.

3. More body hair. And I thought it should decrease instead Im seeing new hairs on my upper arms and chest and neck and SHOULDERS.

4. Weight gain. I have a bad diet. But I've put on weight too quickly since starting Propecia.

5. Hard to keep up erection

6. OILY FOREHEAD.. shits me cause I wash my face.. dry it.. minutes later it's oily again.

So I've decided I might drop Propecia and just do this..

1. Nizoral 3 days a week
2. NANO Shampoo 3 days a week
3. A bloody good diet and eating and exercise.
4. Reduce the wanking (I wank 4 times a day)
5. minoxidil Foam for the temples
6. TOPICAL DHT Inhibitor (any suggestions?)
7. What else?

I don't know what to do.. should I keep taking my pills or stop and find a new path?

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Go with the spironolactone 5% cream. I've been on it for about 5 or 6 months and it's done well. It's just kind of a pain in the *** and i only use it at night because it smells when used with minoxidil.
I am thinking of going back to propecia. My mind is never at ease without the finasteride....

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
Try a switch to topical finasteride: dissolve 5mg of finasteride into a bottle of minoxidil and you're good to go. Other things you may want to try is folligen/tricomin, and spironolactone.

Sucks to have a bad reaction to finasteride, I was in your exact same position and quit. My hair has gone to sh*t.. but I feel more of a man.

wiwiw1212

Reaction score
The weight gain probably stems from increased estrogen levels. That happened to me, I gained some weight (some water weight too) without changing my diet (I don't eat much).

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
damn, that's a lot of sides, im really sorry! u could try riding all that out by i would understand why u would want to drop propecia.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Finasteride has given me tons of acne as well. I look like sh*t. I haven't had a zit in years and now I am breaking out like I did 10 years ago when I waws 15.

p.s. I am not giving up. I am not a quiter.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
Finasteride has given me tons of acne as well. I look like $#iT. I haven't had a zit in years and now I am breaking out like I did 10 years ago when I waws 15.

Your 25!?.....really?

aibo82

Established Member
Reaction score
try glycolic acid for your face its very cheap on ebay works wonders for things like that!

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
haunted-ballroom said:
WorldofWarcraft said:
Finasteride has given me tons of acne as well. I look like $#iT. I haven't had a zit in years and now I am breaking out like I did 10 years ago when I waws 15.

Your 25!?.....really?

Why are you still on these forums? You were convinced that finasteride made your dick fall off or at least make it permanently limp remember?

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
haunted-ballroom said:
WorldofWarcraft said:

Your 25!?.....really?

Why are you still on these forums? You were convinced that finasteride made your dick fall off or at least make it permanently limp remember?

Hahahaha, yeah, twist my words why dont ya. Are you a doctor? So you know for a fact that finasteride CANNOT cause long term impotence in people? Thats funny how you know that even when other doctors ive asked dont know for sure. So lets see your proof then.

Want me to help with your castration? Id be happy to :)