dumb question.. but looking for advise..

jeffsss

Reaction score
I know that once a day wont be as effective as twice a day.. but my hair looked like absolute garbage after applying rogaine in the AM.. which is part of the reason why i stopped way back when...

but anyway.. i'm thinking about picking it back up.. but just using it in the PM..

wondering if anyone else does this or would it just be a waste of time..

also.. my hair still has coverage.. and looks acceptable inthe back.. should i go ahead and start using rogaine.. or i guess what i'm asking is... how do you know when you need to go that route??

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jeffs, it won't be a waste of time.
once a day will work and will be probably be enough for you as you have a full head of hair with minor thinning in the front.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
jeffsss said:
I know that once a day wont be as effective as twice a day.. but my hair looked like absolute garbage after applying rogaine in the AM.. which is part of the reason why i stopped way back when...

but anyway.. i'm thinking about picking it back up.. but just using it in the PM..

wondering if anyone else does this or would it just be a waste of time..

also.. my hair still has coverage.. and looks acceptable inthe back.. should i go ahead and start using rogaine.. or i guess what i'm asking is... how do you know when you need to go that route??

Jeff - If you ever decide to go minoxidil 2x daily, go w/ either Dr. Lee's 5% in the AM, or that Spectral DNC a few guys are using.

Both are quality products that don't crap up your hair.

(I can only vouch for Dr. Lee's 5%, but I trust Sandman's judgement on the Spectral)

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jeff, I'd "ADVISE" you to find that balance as to what works best as far as beneficial one or two times daily vs. the hassle of twice daily applications.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Aim for twice daily, but once daily is enough to suffice. Even Bryan said this.

minoxidil really does slow down hair loss... It works for me, Jeff. I definitely support this product. I'm getting great results. If you find that Rogaine works for you, try adding topical spironolactone to the hairline. Damn, you'll be very surprised at how your hair thickens.

Goodluck, man.