DualGen Minoxidil

TinSoldier

Reaction score
I recently posted a query potentially questioning the quality of DualGen by minoxidilmax. Upon submitting the post, I was notified it was awaiting approval from moderators. It has never showed up. Does hairlosstalk censor the forums??

If so that's disgusting... in a market of so many questionable products we should be free to query each other about products freely. I thought that's what places like this were all about.

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
I dunno, perhaps it happened because you're a new user (5 posts) and you were trying to create a forum topic mentioning a brand name several times? I know that I made a comment on the forum saying that the website for the DualGen products was one of the worst websites I'd ever seen and it didn't get censored. Rogaine is the minoxidil that you can get in the HairLossTalk.com shop, so I have no idea why they would censor your post being critical of another brand of minoxidil. Maybe I was thinking of the Dr Klein website actually, they both seem pretty shoddy though... (website, product I couldn't say)

"8090 Spammy Posts Automatically Moderated"

TinSoldier

Reaction score
Is it possible for one brand of minoxidil to have different sides to another brand? Even if they both did contain minoxidil. I just ask because I wasnt experiencing any sides on DualGen, but am now getting a much itchier scalp and drier skin on my current generic minoxidil. And the generic minoxidil is oily in texture whereas the dualgen was much more watery and quicker drying. I saw a post recently about someone doubting the validity of DualGen..

Dont know what to beleive because Ive had good thickening lately, but maybe it was just the spironolactone.

jrg

Established Member
Reaction score
Where can dualgen or Essengen be purchased? There is no buying option in the minoxidilmax website.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
JRG. I am based in Europe and can order anything from MM website. I guess you guys in the US cannot because of your lovely FDA.

Borealis

Reaction score
I'm seriously thinking of ordering Dualgen 15% from minoxidilmax. Can anyone vouch for them?

lasmith

Reaction score
I am in the US and have no problem with getting products from Minoxidilmax at all. I do this all the time.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys, not sure if you noticed, but the makers of dualgen, minoxidilmax also produce the famous Lipogaine :)... just have a read on minoxidilmax website... they even sell Lipogaine, a weak version for women, on their website. So I guess, they are legit. I was using Spectral DNC up until now, on my temples and it has not done much. Now I am looking into Lipogaine or a 5% Dualgen with azelaic acid.. What do you think I should go for ? I know that FDA banned AA in all minoxidil solutions, not sure, I guess I will go for Lipogaine and will add azelaic acid cream into my regime or AA powder into Lipogaine.

Your thoughts are more than welcome, PM me :O)

Reaction score
It is the name of a minoxidil created by company richer and fuller which was sued by the company that makes lip o gaine which is called minoxidilmax.

both low quality minoxs.

:uglylol:

- - - Updated - - -

by the way, if you use anything higher than 5%, you'll start losing hair again if you lost your minoxidil source. than regular 5% will not work for you.

longhair1983

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been on hair forums for so long. Never heard about richer and fuller until your post. Looks like the scam company richer and fuller wants to steal names created by other company.

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
using 10 or 40% of minoxidil is useless fight, you need a topical anti DHT before using a minoxidil over 5% ...

This is not true. The effect of minoxidil depends on dosage, which means that you can use it infinitely, if the dose is sufficiently high. There are certain people spreading mystifications in the internet, despite a lot of anecdotal experience and studies telling the opposite. Some people have been using 5% minoxidil for 20+ years.

- - - Updated - - -

It is the name of a minoxidil created by company richer and fuller which was sued by the company that makes lip o gaine which is called minoxidilmax.

both low quality minoxs.

:uglylol:

- - - Updated - - -

by the way, if you use anything higher than 5%, you'll start losing hair again if you lost your minoxidil source. than regular 5% will not work for you.

Yes, that's true, unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, not sure if you noticed, but the makers of dualgen, minoxidilmax also produce the famous Lipogaine :)... just have a read on minoxidilmax website... they even sell Lipogaine, a weak version for women, on their website. So I guess, they are legit. I was using Spectral DNC up until now, on my temples and it has not done much. Now I am looking into Lipogaine or a 5% Dualgen with azelaic acid.. What do you think I should go for ? I know that FDA banned AA in all minoxidil solutions, not sure, I guess I will go for Lipogaine and will add azelaic acid cream into my regime or AA powder into Lipogaine.

Your thoughts are more than welcome, PM me :O)

I had a long "issue" with MinoxidilMax more than one year ago, because I had just gone through a depressing shed and I wanted to be sure that their products really contained the labelled amount of minoxidil. Both MinoxidilMax and me sent several bottles to the same US laboratory. The fact is that one of their lots of 15% minoxidil, which was more than half a year old, had only 13.9% minoxidil (which is, however, still within acceptable limits). This is probably due to the lower long-term stability of 15% minoxidil. But the fresh lots were fine and very accurately dosed (14.9%, 15.0%, 15.3%). So if you don't buy stores for 1+ year ahead, you shouldn't worry.

And one more important note: Don't order high minoxidil concentrations during frosts in winter. The minoxidil will easily crystallize and you would have to heat the bottle in order to dissolve it again.

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
I used the 15% for almost two years, having used rogaine 5% for 4 years previous to that. The 15% works, even on the hair line, but, just like when I first started on minoxidil the initial cosmetic results are amazing, then then the hair eventually synchronises and the outcome wasn't that much better than with the 5%. overall the awful sticky white residue which is left on the scalp made it not worth the hassle. I switched back to 5% 6 months ago and to be honest I haven't lost too much ground.

dex001

Reaction score
I have been using 15% minoxidil for over two years. I am very satisfied with the results. I used Rogaine before 15% minoxidil. It didn't work very well for me. I have been getting my 15% minoxidil from my doctor. It is very expensive. I searched online for alternatives and found dualgen-15. I am going to give Dualgen a try and will report back if it works the same as what I got from my doctor.

@CMP1

Reaction score
Thinking of ordering Essengen/DualGen 15% with finasteride so anyone who has an experience with either of these two Id welcome some feedback here.....I think everyone would

antho_2000

Reaction score
Thinking of ordering Essengen/DualGen 15% with finasteride so anyone who has an experience with either of these two Id welcome some feedback here.....I think everyone would

I have been using the 15% minoxidil with 1% finasteride solution with no PG for 2 weeks now. I decided to go with this product because I just got off 4 years of finasteride usage.. and I gave up on it because of the side effects. The finasteride definitely worked for me over these past years. regrowth + keeping my hair.

So far so good. Will report back if you guys want to in three months, since it will take that long to make sure the hair cycle has gone through a full cycle.