DS Laboratories Minoxidil UHP (low Alcohol Formula) 5%

Pixman

Reaction score
Hello folks,

of course chemically Minoxidil is always the same.

But does the Propylene Glycol (which is btw harmless, it's used in the E-Cigarettes to smoke, lots of people are getting crazy about it) and 30% Alcohol really help as a vehicle to get the Minoxidil into the scalp?

I ask because everybody here has Shedding from the beginning. I started with light shedding after 3 months... not even sure if it is shedding.
Looks like, to me.

But maybe I should chose a formula with higher alcohol content? Or another product, so it goes better into my scalp?

I don't get any dry or inflammation. No problems at all. I'm just so unsure if I should change. I don't see anything on the DS Labs Minoxidil UHP 5% on this forum.
Maybe I should try 15%?

Greetings,
Pix

Finnjävel

Established Member
Reaction score
Why would you wan't higher alcohol content in your minoxidil? Irritated and inflamed scalp is no indicator that a topical product is working. Just be glad that your scalp didn't react badly. Be patient and stick with it.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why would you wan't higher alcohol content in your minoxidil? Irritated and inflamed scalp is no indicator that a topical product is working. Just be glad that your scalp didn't react badly. Be patient and stick with it.

this