Dry hair/scalp

badhairloss

Reaction score
Is it normal to have extreme dry hair? My hair became extreme dry one year prior to my hair loss. I tried all kind of shampoos and conditioners without results. I believe 100% that my hair loss is related to this extreme dry hair. I am also loosing hair in a fast rate, its only gone three years since it became dry and I am almost completely bald. I have been on finasteride since may 2011, but I need to give it more time, but still loosing hair. Also used Nizoral, but my hair was extreme dry before I began using it. I think there can be one of two reasons for my dry hair: 1. I did dye my hair black once (when I had a lot of hair, 3 years ago), 2. I got a new job where there was air condition,3 years ago. Its was around this time my hair became extreme dry, and I can even see at pictures there is something wrong, maybe a health problem?

I have googled every site but not found none relationship between dry hair and hair loss.

Ps. Sorry for my bad english.

cs2

Reaction score
Nizoral is good for hair with excess oil.

If you have dry scalp and hair, I think you should stop using shampoo and conditioner. Because shampoo will further wash away your oil on hair and scalp and make you dryer.

Try using water only to wash your hair for a few weeks. And you can put on some emu oil for moisturizer and leave on scalp for overnight.