Drug use, propecia and hair loss

nynyc

Reaction score
Okay, now, this may be a stupid question...but here we go.

I'm 25 years old and noticed my hair loss (thinning from hairline and top of head) just under 2 years ago. I started using Propecia regularly since February 2004, so it's been 18 months. However, I've noticed ZERO improvement and have in fact, continued to lose hair at a regular rate.

Now, it may be that I'm just one of those "few" people that Propecia doesn't work for (if so, any suggestions???)...but I'm also wondering - anyone know if marijuana has any negative effects on hair loss? I know, I know, I should stop, but I started smoking "regularly" in March 2005 - around the same time I noticed increased hair loss. Not sure if it's just time catching up and so now my hair loss is more obvious - or if marijuana increases hair loss or has negative effects in combination with Propecia.

Any thoughts other than "just say no"?

THANKS!

pompador

Reaction score
great topic ..id like to know myself

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I recommend adding a topical dht inhibitor like spironolactone with the propecia regimen. I 'highly' (no pun intended) doubt that smoking a lot of weed will have any effect on your hairloss.

nohairnodandruff

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm only making an educated guess, but I think it may have an indirect effect. They found that ppl who smoke have a avg %15 higher testosterone level. Higher Test means more higher DHT levels. I stopped smoking a month and a half ago and my hair seems to somewhat be improving.

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
anything there about drinking....and how would smoking increase testosterone??