Drug Pipeline for TrichoCyte

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
I was going to take a month off from posting but wanted to come back and post some news I came across.

Brief reminder: Intercytex is the UK based company that is developing Trichocyte, which is cellular implantation that spurs hair growth. They have finished Phase I testing of their product and are currently beginning Phase II.

Here is the new information that I don't think has been posted on here yet.

1. Intercytex has entered an agreement to allow Bosley International to market Trichocyte in the US. Granted, there are a lot of anti-Bosley posts on this forum but I think it's a good sign that they have already begun their efforts to begin marketing in the US. This means that when the product is ready to go, it will fly through the markets. Also, this lends the research between Bosley and Intercytex to be shared.

2. Intercytex is sharing their scientific advancements with Harvard University and Hiroshima. Top minds of cellular science are working together on this.

3. There is a pipeline announcement coinciding with their new CEO's arrival, dated January 10th, 2005. Here is an exerpt:

"Its development portfolio includes three wound care and two hair regeneration products including ICX-P to accelerate wound healing (in Phase II) and ICX-T, a potential treatment for hair loss, which is intended to be used alone or in combination with hair transplantation (in Phase I). The first market launch is planned for ICX-P in 2008 and the development pipeline is expected to deliver a series of products to market by 2010. "

ICX-P is their product ProtoDerm.

IXC-T is TrichoCyte.

End Summary: TrichoCyte is anticipated for the consumer by 2010.

wotsthedeal

Reaction score
Five years may be a long time, but it's definitely nice to get updates like this, just to know that the researchers really are going full steam ahead.

Just a few more years, fellas, and it will all be over.... :D

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
DarklyCharming said:

IXC-T is TrichoCyte.

Is IXC-T a treatment or is it HM?

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Buffboy said:
Is IXC-T a treatment or is it HM?

Directly from Intercytex's website regarding ICX-T (TrichoCyte):

TrichoCyte involves the culture and expansion of follicular cells which are injected into the scalp underneath the epidermis of the skin to induce formation of new hair follicles in-situ. The procedure is considerably less problematic than conventional hair transplants, both in terms of the amount of tissue taken from the patient, and also in the amount of trauma - injecting cultured cells will cause far less tissue damage than implanting a section of scalp and is a considerably simpler process.

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Investor Comment through Scottish Equity from Dr. Paul Kemp, founder of Intercytex:

The plan is initially to market the product through hair transplant surgeons but Kemp predicts that eventually it will move down the skill chain like Botox, with more people licensed to carry out the procedure.

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel like I'm repetitive posting since each follows my own but here is new information I found. You need to be fairly cognitive to put this all together but I'm putting all the pieces here for you to pair with all my other posts.

Intercytex, on September 23rd, 2004, commissioned Fairman Studios to create graphic illustrations for TrichoCyte Monograph

What does this mean? Well, Fairman Studios, http://www.fairmanstudios.com, is a very professional and reputable biomedical graphic design firm. If Intercytex has hired this company to create graphics for their procedure, this means they are getting ready to present it. To whom, I can't conjecture but this is a sign they are moving forward with showing the procedure to individuals outside of their clinic.

wotsthedeal

Reaction score
If they've hired this group, do you think that means that they already have the procedure ready? They are doing phase II clinical trials, so it seems like something must be working, but an estimated five years until its available seems a little long if all they are doing is preparing the marketing (as if hair multiplication even needs advertising to attract customers).

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
wotsthedeal said:
If they've hired this group, do you think that means that they already have the procedure ready? They are doing phase II clinical trials, so it seems like something must be working, but an estimated five years until its available seems a little long if all they are doing is preparing the marketing (as if hair multiplication even needs advertising to attract customers).

You need to understand how long "Phases" run. Phase III, which they aren't even into yet, runs two to four years. This is all precautionary on their part. If they have something that works perfectly, then they need to be sure that it doesn't make people's heads explode. That's what clinical trials are for.

ropcat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, can one of the moderators move this thread to the new "Follicle Cloning, Hair Multiplication, and New Techniques" category, and then delete this post of mine?

Thanks! :coffee:

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2. Intercytex is sharing their scientific advancements with Harvard University and Hiroshima. Top minds of cellular science are working together on this.

I can see the rationale behind the above statement.THey dont want the Area 51 or some MIB to come in and seize their technology.So they are sharing it with Japan too...If this HM is successful it mean millions of lost revunew in hair product market....I am sure the top guys are watching this...

michael barry

Reaction score
Can you imagine the angst that a series of injections that a tech in a dermatologists office that would result in full heads of hair on bald heads would cause Snake Oilers, Transplant docs, and Hairclub et al wigmakers?

The salesmen would be hit hardest. You know, the "senior medical associate" at a transplant mill who didnt even attend college and was pulled off a car lot for his willingness to lie his buns off to anyone, anytime. Whats he gonna do? The good transplant surgeons will practice other forms of medicine, but the bad ones who were just failed plastic surgeons beforehand? tsk tsk. Snake oilers will just move into the anti-wrinkle, human growth hormone, penis pill, herbal, anti-acne markets..........

A cure would be like putting one of those bug bombs in the middle of a kitchen in a ratty apartment. Everyone scrambling.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This got me thinking, if snake oil pushers are making money in the first place, it's due to ignorance. A LOT of people out there are ignorant about hair loss, still believe the myths, and are probably trying whatever they find in stores to keep their hair.

It took me 2 months to finally come of with the thought "Hey, why don't I check out the web for hair loss advice?" 2 FRICKIN MONTHS! And I'm a relatively smart guy. Then, of course, it took another month to find this site amongst the more suspect sites.

In other words, those making snake oils will probably still make money from some people. Then again, not if they really find a cure and announce that cure, which is just what Bosley (sp?) will do with Trychocite.

I used to believe another post in this section that there is (or will be) a conspiracy to withhold knowledge of a cure to male pattern baldness, but then I think that when they ARE able to clone hair and "cure" hair loss, whoever comes out with it will make big bucks, so they will push it hard, and nobody will be able to pay them enough to keep it secret.

Sorry for the long post- been drinking. =)

michael barry

Reaction score
I very much agree with you elgualpo. I think most men would happily pay a reasonable price for a full head of hair all of their lives when a workable cure is presented. My explicit point in my previous post was that a cure like trichlocyte will devastate little companies like Kevis, Regenix, Hair Genesis, Curetage, Avacor, New Generation, Nu Hair, Nourikin, and about 5 more whose names I cant recount offhand. Hairclub will be saddened beyond words which makes me very happy because Ive dealt with them and know first hand how despicable that outfit is.
Hair transplants would be a fine answer to baldness if the docs just had more donor hair to work with. The follicular units look good, but there just isnt enough of them for docs to give you the density and coverage that a man who might Norwood 5 or more in late life.
Interestingly enough, the more I read about S.Foote's hydrolic theory and some of the very intelligent posters in this forum, Im kinda hoping genetic research goes on even if injecting immune resistant cells in scalps becomes a reality. Baldness is an intriguing human phenomena and it will be neat to know EXACTLY the hows and whys of it once and for all. Wish I would have payed attention in biology class when I was a kid. The donuting of large plug grafts combined with the ideas of contact inhibition have got me seriously considering that baldness might have more to do with our skin cells that dermal papillas anyway. Im also "wowed" that body hair transplanted to the scalp (FORHAIR.COM) eventually grows just like scalp hair and scalp hair transplanted to the body, grows short like body hair and loses circumference size. It really may be that the skin around the hair is what gives it its ooooomphhhh.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was going to take a month off from posting but wanted to come back and post some news I came across.

Brief reminder: Intercytex is the UK based company that is developing Trichocyte, which is cellular implantation that spurs hair growth. They have finished Phase I testing of their product and are currently beginning Phase II.

Here is the new information that I don't think has been posted on here yet.

1. Intercytex has entered an agreement to allow Bosley International to market Trichocyte in the US. Granted, there are a lot of anti-Bosley posts on this forum but I think it's a good sign that they have already begun their efforts to begin marketing in the US. This means that when the product is ready to go, it will fly through the markets. Also, this lends the research between Bosley and Intercytex to be shared.

3. There is a pipeline announcement coinciding with their new CEO's arrival, dated January 10th, 2005. Here is an exerpt:

"Its development portfolio includes three wound care and two hair regeneration products including ICX-P to accelerate wound healing (in Phase II) and ICX-T, a potential treatment for hair loss, which is intended to be used alone or in combination with hair transplantation (in Phase I). The first market launch is planned for ICX-P in 2008 and the development pipeline is expected to deliver a series of products to market by 2010. "

IXC-T is TrichoCyte.

*Spoiler* They will sell wigs