Drug comps say to use 2x per day just to make money?

bluechips

Established Member
Reaction score
Someone had written that there is or was a study done that says minoxidil only needs to be applied once a day to be optimally effective and that the minoxidil producers just say twice a day to get you to use more. I can't find that post anymore, but is this true? Was it a reliable study?
Thanks.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidil is dose dependant. 2 x a day is better , but probably not twice as effective. in any event it may be a good idea to use it for 2-3 years at twice a day till you have achieved maximum gains then try cutting back to 1x for maintainance.

gambit420

Reaction score
I cut down to 1x a day on liquid rogaine and saw a massive decline in my results. DON't DO IT!

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I did the twice per day and started using the once per day as maintenance. As of 4-5 months ago, I switched back to twice per day as I think my hairloss caught up with me. It worked for a while but I can honestly say that twice per day will bring significantly more results in terms of regrowth and even maintenance will only go so far with once per day. Also I have been using minoxidil for 3+ years so so I can speak from experience.

I changed back to twice per day when the foam came out as it is mucho more convenient then the liquid variety.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Agree with everyone here - 2X/day