Dropped finasteride

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
This is almost nearly <100% hypothetical.

I was at my girlfriends house, was going to stay there for a few days. So I decided to take a tab of finasteride with me.

When I was going to take it (in the kitchen there), I dropped it. It was one of those drops where you can never find the thing again after you've dropped it.

She doesn't know I use finasteride.

My dillema is: Should I tell her?

Or should I wait and if she never comes across it, no harm done?

What are your opinions on this? Another reason I feel like I should tell her is because of women and finasteride, I remember reading some warning saying it should never come into contact with women or something.

What should I do?

(hypothetical)

barnabas

Established Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if they come into contact with it unless they're pregnant, and only then if the tablet is broken (or they take it), if I remember correctly. Don't worry about it.

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
it wasn't meant to. don't worry about it.

what should i tell her though? if she finds it and asks me what "propecia" is. since propecia is on the tablet. i don't want to have to admit to taking it.

should i lie and say it's a vitamin?

RSG

Reaction score
If she ever finds it, just say you dont know what it is, or where it came from.

barnabas

Established Member
Reaction score
RSG said:
If she ever finds it, just say you dont know what it is, or where it came from.

No kidding. If my family finds some random tiny pill/vitamin looking object lying around on the floor they're not going to assume it came from my girlfriend, there is any number of people that could have dropped it. The most likely scenario is it will get vacuumed or swept up and no one will notice, with the second most likely scenario being someone will pick it up, go WHAT'S THIS, everyone else will go I DON'T KNOW, and then it will be tossed.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Just don't knock her up and she'll be fine :wink:

Also, if this is hypothetical, who cares?

RP

Established Member
Reaction score
Dropping finasteride

It was one of those drops where you can never find the thing again after you've dropped it.

Same thing happens to me every now and then. It`s amazing how sometimes the floor just seems to swallow something that you drop.

My dillema is: Should I tell her?

I think it depends how long have you been going out. I wouldn`t tell on the first date. But after a couple of months it shouldn`t matter if you tell or not. Actually I think that some women might even appreciate the fact that you take care of your appearance.

But if you are unsure if you should to tell her or not maybe it`s best not to tell if she doesn`t ask.

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
bubka: i don't think you've ever contributed any helpful advice at all except "start finasteride" and now "stop finasteride". i mean geez, i'm simply asking a question, and whenever i do, all you say is "stop finasteride". i mean, i appreciate it when you're trying to help, but whenever you post meaningless sh*t like that, it just makes me wonder if you're a bot trying to spam finasteride, and whenever anybody says ANYTHING bad about finasteride, you stop helping them.

dirtrider: all i have to say is what the fuk?

i've dropped lots of pills before, never found them again. i'm not willing to move furniture around just to find them if they're a simple headache tablet.

when i dropped the finasteride pill though, i got down on my belly and searched the whole room for it. (don't worry about it being hypothetical or not).

and i've thought about telling her. i know she'd probably say "it's nothing, i'd love you even if you were bald". but it's just the fact of owning up to hair loss seems like admitting i'm weak or something. + there is the added chance she might actually care.

and the best advice i've heard is: deny everything. "tell her i have no idea what it is".

thanks everybody.

RP

Established Member
Reaction score
owning up to hair loss seems like admitting i'm weak or something

I dont see it that way. Think about all the women and how many different products they use to look better. Does that mean that they are weak? I dont think so. It only means that they care about their looks. Same thing in men in my opinion.

I have never hidden my Rogaine nor have I hidden my finasterid box (which even has a pharmasists prescription printed on it: "Take 1/5 pill per day to treat hairloss").

I have been going out with the same girl for a few months, and not once has she asked me about either one of the products. I dont think that she cares or knows if I use them or not. So my filosophy is not to tell but in case she asks I wouldnt deny them either.

My ex who I lived with used to ask me if there was any point in putting Rogaine twice day into my head, but in the end she didnt really care about it (and it certainly wasnt the reason why she become ex-gf).

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i told my gf a month or 2 after going out i was on propecia. she actually thought it was a good idea.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just act as it doesn't exist. You don't even know about propecia....

If she asks you reply:

Pro---what?

Ramboner

Reaction score
Don't be a jaggon: Propecia is as known as DASANI water moreover if your gf happens to stumble upon it, she can easily google it. You were placed in this awkward scenario to encourage you to reveal your well kept secret. I understand your dilema and it is one that everyone of us must face. Confront your demons, don't just listen to what you want to hear. Free yourself of this burden.

Sincerely,

RAMBONER

ps: if your girlfriend finds it, don't forget to ask for it back :D

Guy Legend

Established Member
Reaction score
person_123 said:
should i lie and say it's a vitamin?

No, lying would be a stupid move. It's incredibly easy to find out what something is , i.e. she could easily find out what Propecia is and you'll end up looking bad for lying to her.

Don't worry about it, if she finds it and asks about it, just tell her what it is and that it's *preventative*.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i dont see much point in lying, unless you think you;'ll break up soon. dont u think shell find out eventually if u stay together?