Dropped finasteride....what else should I use now?

zack-b

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm 32 and was on finasteride since I was 20. Felt like my libido syucked big time and the Doctor confirmed that my test was a littlle loe...so I dropped finasteride completely. Hair looks worse now and could prob use some new stuff to my regimen. Currently I use minoxidil at night and Nizoral 4 times a week.

Hair is pretty much toast, but maybe something you guys have had success with will help. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.

-Zack

:dunno:

eth0

Established Member
Reaction score
topical spironolactone is about your best bet.

Have the sides from the finasteride gone now?

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey zack, im in the same boat as you, had to drop finasteride due to sides and now only using topicals. I plan on starting topical spironolactone and fluridil, both attack the androgen receptor and should give some "hold" to those hairs falling out and are side effect free. For another growth stimulator you could try an SOD such as dr.proctor's prox-n or his NANO shampoo.

zack-b

Reaction score
I guess the sides are starting to go away, but my libido still blows big time. spironolactone and Fluridil have big time sides from systematic absorbtion I thought? How much is each?

-Zack

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
So what were your results like with finasteride over such a long time period?

Do you think it was worth being on it?

zack-b

Reaction score
Tyler,

Each person responds differently to finasteride. I rresponded ok I guess, it slowed my hair loss down, ut didn't regrow anything and I still lost a crapload. My libido is shot, and my erections aren't like they used to be, so it def can have bad side efects. Guys have had worse sides like man bobs, but I had none of that.

It's worth trying I guess, but the sexual sidea aren;t worth it IMHO. Try the natural approach and use minoxidil and maybe another topical. Worst case, shave your head down to a#2 buzz. I had some hair transplant's so I can't do that, otherwise I would.

If anyone knows wher to get cheap topical spironolactone or fluridil, let me know and I'll check it out.

-Zack