Drinking Topical Minoxidil (absorption)

When drank, is topical minoxidil absorbed?

• Yes

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

dotjm

Reaction score
Hi all

First post here, saw that people are drinking topical minoxidil and wanted to ask more on it. Im aware of the side effects/possible issues etc, just really curious if its actually absorbed/works when drank, and not broken down by the stomach.

I did a bit of research into the forum and saw that some are already drinking with results, but i just wanted to make sure drinking it is not a waste of time (Its much more convenient for me and at the moment i do not have access to pill form).

The extra ingredients in the topical are(Kirkland liquid):
Alcohol, 30% v/v, propylene glycol, 50% v/v, purified water

The ingredients in the oral are(Loniten):
microcrystalline cellulose, corn starch, lactose monohydrate, colloidal silicon dioxide and magnesium stearate

As far as i know all of these are fillers in the pill form and not designed to actually help the processing, so in theory this would make the liquid form completely viable to drink (regardless of other issues, im just interested in absorption)?

Anyone able to shed some light on this or maybe their own experiences as the forum search has bought up some interesting posts but nothing in my head thats concrete

mvalley

Reaction score
I think the only concerns would be that drinking the liquid may be absorbed too quickly, dosed incorrectly or the other ingredients may produce side effects. Those problems are probably minor concerns, but that being said, I ordered the 2.5mg pills just in case.

dotjm

Reaction score
I think the only concerns would be that drinking the liquid may be absorbed too quickly, dosed incorrectly or the other ingredients may produce side effects. Those problems are probably minor concerns, but that being said, I ordered the 2.5mg pills just in case.

So you would say, although possibly absorbed too quickly, it actually is entirely absorbed? You tried this yourself or found a study or anything? I saw the AnxiousAndy guy on this forum (great guy), and another guy that had amazing results drinking topical (i couldnt find the post but you laid out your whole workings to get there), but i think they were also applying topical negating any absorption issues with the oral drinking so its hard to work out if its working orally when drank.

Maxx79

My Regimen
Reaction score
Those problems are probably minor concerns, but that being said, I ordered the 2.5mg pills just in case.

I'm interested also in trying low dose oral minoxidil, can I ask you where you order the 2,5mg pills from? Do you have a prescription for it? I tried looking online but Inhouse, Alldayc and Thaipharmacy only have 5mg and/or 10 mg pills.

Thanks

mvalley

Reaction score
I've never tried drinking the topical. It should be okay if you know what you are doing and don't screw up the evaporation or dosing. Remember, its 50mg of minoxidil per milliliter of topical meaning that if you want 2.5mg, you need to take 0.05ml. Make sure you have a micro liter pipette and don't try to eyeball it.

I got the 2.5mg pills from gold pharma

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would anyone want to do this? Just get the pill then you have the right dose, and you avoid putting all that unnecessary propylene glycol into your system.
It's not possible to get Loniten in many countries and when it is, it usually requires a prescription. You need just 0.1ml for a 5mg dose.
This amount contains 7.5mg PG, far below the WHO's recommendation of 25mg/kg/day for children (food additive).

hgk23

My Regimen
Reaction score
What I wrote below seems correct to me.

Approximately 1ml = 50mg / 0.5ml = 25mg / 0.25ml = 12.5mg / 0.12.5ml = 6.25mg / 0.06125ml = 3mg

0,1ml = 5mg, 0,5ml = 25mg, 1ml = 50mg

Just buy a 1 ml pipette pasteura, and pick up minoxidil to the yellow mark.
Code:
https://i.imgur.com/Oyva81q.jpg
Pour it into empty gelatin capsules or under the tongue?
Will it work the same way as loniten tablets???

edit/ I corrected the picture

Last edited: