Drinking minoxidil solution

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just read a thread on HLH where someone said that 1ml of 5% minoxidil liquid has 100mg minoxidil in it :shock:

If that's true, a daily dose of oral minoxidil would be literally a drop of this stuff, so would be almost free (I have two bottles of minoxidil liquid that I don't use because I use foam anyway)! I'm thinking of putting a drop in my evening cup of tea.

Two concerns:

1. Is there anything else in the liquid that's poisonous?
2. Will internal minoxidil kill me? lol...

All opinions welcome...

beaner

Reaction score
1 ml of 5% has 50mg of minoxidil in it. Personally, I wouldn't touch the stuff internally, liquid or pill form, but there's nothing in the solution that's poisonous, just water, alcohol, and ppg. As far as adverse effects from the drug itself, I couldn't say for sure, but from my understanding it's rarely even used for it's intended purpose.

Norwood2.5

Established Member
Reaction score
I take it orally after having the alcohol evaporated mostly. Cheaper than loniten, no prescription needed and lucky for me no sides. People will however declare me nuts for trying but I don't notice any swelling or anything, only a slightly increased heartbeat which is to be expected. A beneficial side effect I accidentally discovered is that it works GREAT against muscle cramps I used to have. As already said the ingredients are not toxic. Just watch out for possible side effects concerning your heart.

IBM

Reaction score
2.5 mg of loniten is far less expensive then the solution (where i live).

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
IBM said:
2.5 mg of loniten is far less expensive then the solution (where i live).

I find that difficult to believe. What are the prices of both where you live?

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's insanely expensive for a bottle of minoxidil!! :shock:

Even so, it's still cheaper than Loniten :)

75ml x 50mg = 3750mg/bottle
60 pills x 10mg = 600mg/packet

3750/$60 = 62.5mg per $ in a bottle
600/$20 = 30mg per $ in a packet.

In reality, you can get liquid minoxidil an awful lot cheaper than $60 a bottle, so the difference in price is even bigger.

IBM

Reaction score
well where i live its controlled by customs and i dont have credit card.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
stampede said:
That's insanely expensive for a bottle of minoxidil!! :shock:

Even so, it's still cheaper than Loniten :)

75ml x 50mg = 3750mg/bottle
60 pills x 10mg = 600mg/packet

3750/$60 = 62.5mg per $ in a bottle
600/$20 = 30mg per $ in a packet.

In reality, you can get liquid minoxidil an awful lot cheaper than $60 a bottle, so the difference in price is even bigger.

Exactly. Even at the greatly inflated prices he's paying for Rogaine solution, it's STILL cheaper than Loniten tablets! :wink: