Drinking alcohol while on finasteride?

juiceman311

Reaction score
Are there any interactions between alcohol and finasteride? Planning on starting finasteride next week. Thanks

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dont think so... ive been drinking almost every week... its hard to be a colledge student :lol:

And the finasteride looks like its still working :D

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
While it may not be an interaction with finasteride, there is certainly some interaction with alcohol and my hair / hair loss.

I have a pretty high stress job and so as I work hard, I like to play hard - and Friday nights in particular end up being, no dinner, super-power-binge-drinking sessions with work colleagues and friends.

I notice that every Sat morning after such drinking sessions, I lose a hell of a lot more hair when showering and/or styling and my hair generally just looks sh*Telogen Effluvium for most of Sat.

I don't get hangovers so I'm pretty sure it's not just my "mind's eye". Perhaps I'm sending my body into shock of sorts!! :shock:

Def

jd24

Established Member
Reaction score
i have a similar effect
that and if i smoke cigarettes too

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
yup after being up late drinking and smoking at the bar i always wake up the next day feeling like my hair has lost a sh*t load of density especially around the hairline. And whenever i shower it feels and looks like more hair falls out.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
pinkfloyd7 said:
yup after being up late drinking and smoking at the bar i always wake up the next day feeling like my hair has lost a $#iT load of density especially around the hairline. And whenever i shower it feels and looks like more hair falls out.

ditto that

Sean68

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
pinkfloyd7 said:
yup after being up late drinking and smoking at the bar i always wake up the next day feeling like my hair has lost a $#iT load of density especially around the hairline. And whenever i shower it feels and looks like more hair falls out.

ditto that

absolutely yeah i think its more the smoking. yours and other peoples in the bar.