Drastic Thinning in 3 weeks?

jassi12

Reaction score
So i've been thinning/balding in diffuse pattern on just the top for about 2-3 year, and I've been on minoxidil once a day for almost a year now. I didnt see any drastic regrowth but it helped maintain and about 2 months ago I thought I was finally getting results. I am using kirkland 5%. So about around april 10th I got a haircut during which my hair felt awesome, I thought i was getting regrowth and it had good coverage. However, in the past 3 weeks alone, I've thinned out so much all over the top that its ridiculous, my hairline especially. When my hairs wet, I can tell that its so much worse then it when it was finally starting to look good about a month ago. Anyone have any idea what could be the cause? I have a great diet, follow a consistent workout program for the past 2 years.

I was thinking maybe it was a 8 month or so Minoxidil shed, but its not even like my hairs falling out when i run my hand through it much. It just seems to have evaporated the past 3 weeks...I am now running topical minoxidil (I know the whole rant on it not working), because a year ago I tried low dosage finasteride 3-4 times a week and had loss of erection strength, so I'm testing if any lesser side effects occur this time.

Any help appreciated on what it could be