Dramatic results w/ Finpecia + Kirkland minoxidil (Pics incl)

joeb

Reaction score
***NEW PIX JUST ADDED, JUNE 1ST, 06***
I came to this forum in Feb 05, fresh off a divorce and pretty damn bald. I got inspired to give it a shot, thanks to all you POSITIVE posters, and here I am! I'm 36, started losing hair when I was 19, with accelerated loss the last three years. Perhaps stress induced, I don't know... I take 1mg Finpecia/daily, 2-3 ml 5% Kirkland minoxidil at night only (covering the entire affected area thoroughly), ***(changed to two daily apps of 1.5ml in April '06) American Crew Revitalize shampoo & conditioner 2X/week, 2% Nizoral 3X/week & Nioxin Actives 2X/week. I also use the AC Revitalize Spray Solution every other day... it's great for when the itch flares up. It magically and instantaneously disappears! The Revitalize serum causes me to break out badly, so i stopped using it. I am not plugging these products, they're just what works for me! I started them all at the same time so i don't know which is the main contributor, but I did have an acceptably reduced sex-drive foir the first few months, a forest continues to grow out of my nostrils, and occasional breast soreness (none after month 6), no noticable tit growth.... yet. My scalp is healthy as can be & it feels really wierd to run my hands thru my hair now. I have not seen my frontal hairline move forward a whole lot, but it has filled in substantially and there is a "hairline" now. Temples have crept forward a bit. Right now (month # 12) I have just noticed another round of new growth, alot of hairs at about 1/2 inch in length & stubble on the scalp. I went through pretty consistant shedding from months 6 - 9 and that stopped when I switched to two minoxidil applications/day. Coincidence? who knows... I'm still re-growing & I'm happy as a clam !

These 1st 2 pictures were taken day #1 of treatment:
9b6f0df3.jpg

32289eec.jpg

This picture is at two months:
b9b4b13c.jpg

This picture is at 5 months:
bddf5d1a.jpg

The rest of these are at 11 months:
169b9b17.jpg

501d8cfc.jpg

a9d77e70.jpg

e15763ba.jpg
[/img]

Idaho X

Reaction score
You have grown back a ton of hair! Congratulations! It's a toss up of what to do about the sides... If they are not too bad, I would choose to stick with the regimen and keep the hair (my personal choice). Nevertheless, congratulations. You will give hope to a lot of people.

joeb

Reaction score
The beauty is, I had very little expectations! I've only just begun and far exceeded what I hoped for. I'll give it til the two year point and if the hairline hasn't moved, I'll consider a simple transplant for the front... won't take much! I know how lucky I am, trust me, I've read the posts from the struggling...

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Good going Joe!!! Now if you could only get rid of that hair on your back!! :p

I'm 52 years old. Wait and see how much back hair you have by then! :oops:

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
WOW !!!!

Good stuff joeb, that's got to be some of the best 5 month results I have ever seen ! It must have really boosted your confidence, especially so coming off the back of a divorce.

joeb6wc.gif

The more I look at your results, the more I am amazed !!

Can I also congratulate you on being one of the few humans alive (and with hair loss) who have managed to take two photos of the top of your head from comparable angles and with similar lighting conditions.

If you ever die can you donate your back hair to me, I have several cushions that need stuffing :)

Radio.

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Jesus – dude – you are an exceptional responder!! Congratulations!!

If the statistics are anything to go by, your results will continue to get better to the 12 – 18 month mark, your sides will dissipate and then should be able to maintain better than baseline results for at least 5 years!! Add in the lasercomb, Revivogen or something else at that point if you start losing ground.

I’ve had nearly 3 years of complete maintenance with my regimen and am happy with that – you must be ecstatic! My advice now is to start going to the gym, get fit again, eat well, buy some new clothes and get back out there again!

Again – man – that is AMAZING.

Good stuff!!

Def

G

Incredible! :shock:

Congrats man! :)

What is the difference between finpecia and Propecia? (if any)

Also, did you notice any shedding during the 5-month treatment?

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GoodGuy said:
What is the difference between finpecia and Propecia? (if any)

Finpecia = 1mg of finasteride made by Cipla pharmaceuticals.

Propecia = 1mg of finasteride made by Merck pharmaceuticals.

Basically they are the same drug.

joeb

Reaction score
Radio, thanks for the photo-morphing... that really puts things into perspective! I ain't changin' nothing with my routine... very little response from the sides yet, and yes, I have hit the gym & lost over 20 pounds, changed my diet & many other aspects of my life... got hit on by a lady 12 years younger than me the other day! It's amazing what a little boost to the ego & a "touch of youth" will do for ya. My attitude is new and I have a confidence I thought I had lost many years ago. Thanks for the support guys, I wish each of you to share in my success, sincerely. JoeB
ps. I know there is much more to life than hair!

joeb

Reaction score
regarding the shed, well I noticed the drain in the shower filling daily (just as before treatment), until about the 3 month point , then it just stopped. I had already noticed significant regrowth at that point as well. I think I've cleaned the drain once or twice in the last eight weeks. I noticed dense fuzz at about three weeks, then thick dark hairs (much darker & thicker than my normal color) at about 5-6 weeks. I use to be blonde, now I'm not! A whole bunch sprouted along my weak, front hairline, then alot fell out from there. They have steadily grown back and have lengthened to the point where they appear to be terminal..?? I understand alot of guys shed around the 8 month period so I'm prepared for any setback.

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
Those are some awesome results, good luck to you.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow! That is brilliant. I've been on Propecia for nearly three months at a reduced doseage and am still losing hair. Today I have had quite a few fall out. Hopefully this will stop as I get past the three month point as it did for you.

SE-freak

Reaction score
to joeb's follicles: that was... inspirational! thank you all.

to Radio: always creative.

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
Finpecia from where?

great results !

where do you order your finpecia from? I have ordered from various websites, mostly with success, but always curious where everyone else gets theirs.

Inhouse? Pharma?

SE-freak

Reaction score
Funny stuff: Both joeb and nooc are 36yo and responded amazingly.
It's like for some, their follicles are just asleep and then BOOM. There you go hairy bear. Awesome.

Shave my poodle

Established Member
Reaction score
Incredible! :dropmouth: :jump: :jumpy:

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
This one is getting moved to the Success Stories forum! Congratulations.

This really shows how clinically proven products do work!

HairLossTalk.com

joeb

Reaction score
I get the Finpecia ($22/month) from United Pharmacies website & the Kirkland minoxidil ($8/month) from Costco!