Dramatic Change In Senior Citizen's Appearance Thanks To hair transplant

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Just got this new hair transplant video by Dr. Diep in my feed and I got to say that this is perhaps the most dramatic change I've ever seen. The hair transplant is even more effective here because you wouldn't expect a guy of his age to have great density so spreading out the donor hair to create a perfect NW0 hairline makes sense. The before photo isn't great but you can estimate that he probably lost 15-20 years.

I'm not a big fan of Dr. Diep but this has shown me that you can basically lose almost all of your hair and still get good results down the line. Unless you're suffering from real aggressive male pattern baldness, you can rest assured that, if you can afford a good surgeon, you will get your hair back. This gives me a lot of hope.

Last edited:

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Just got this new hair transplant video by Dr. Diep in my feed and I got to say that this is perhaps the most dramatic change I've ever seen. The hair transplant is even more effective here because you wouldn't expect a guy of his age to have great density so spreading out the donor hair to create a perfect NW0 hairline makes sense. The before photo isn't great but you can estimate that he probably lost 15-20 years.

I'm not a big fan of Dr. Diep but this has shown me that you can basically lose almost all of your hair and still get good results down the line. Unless you're suffering from real aggressive male pattern baldness, you can rest assured that, if you can afford a good surgeon, you will get your hair back. This gives me a lot of hope.

If you don't suffer from aggressive balding, it means that all the hair that you have is at risk due shock loss if you get a transplant with a lot of hairs around it.. life's a joke.

That result is insane tho, kinda I don't get it how he made that. How many grafts? how did he distribute the grafts?

I hate how surgeons usually leave long *** foreheads, he did a good job.

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol it gave him a boyish look!

Yeah, it did. Do you think that's a bad thing? Definitely not a look for everyone but it 100% suits the guy!

If you don't suffer from aggressive balding, it means that all the hair that you have is at risk due shock loss if you get a transplant with a lot of hairs around it.. life's a joke.

While true, it really doesn't happen that much, especially if you get quality surgery. But it can happen with everyone, yes.

I hate how surgeons usually leave long *** foreheads, he did a good job.

Not really the surgeon's fault! Getting a conservative hairline is a good solution because you never know how much more you will lose over time and your donor is unfortunately limited until hair cloning is a thing in 20 or so years.. In this case, the guy already had lost most of his hair. It has possibly stabilized and even if it hasn't, he can lose more and it would still look normal. Remember: You can always get a new procedure and go lower, but you can never go higher.

Crazy, found this on youtube description:

We have discussed the Dr. Diep’s 7 rules to recreate natural and dense hair line. Here are the Diep’s 7 rules:
1) URFUT: Transplant one refined hair graft per site. With thinner hair graft and less skin, we can increase density and decrease dimpling.
2) Establishing appropriate hair line for certain ethnics: The Caucasian/white men tend to have more narrow face and thus higher and “archier” hair line, while the Asian men tend to have rounder face and thus look more appropriate with lower and broader hairline.
3) Zigzag line: Zigzag hair line will look very natural, while a straight hair line will look too artificial.
4) Outliers: multiple single hair grafts placement in front of the hair line to achieve naturalness by softening the hair line.
5) Selection of hair grafts: Place single hair grafts in the frontal zone of the hair line to soften the hair line, followed by hair roots which produce 2-3-4 hairs in the back to add bulk and volume.
6) Specific Angle of hair placement: The hair angle starts out around 30o in the frontal area and increases in steepness toward the back. The hair angle changes toward the sides.
7) Random hair placement: In nature, hair grows randomly, no specific rows or group. The more random the hair placement, the more natural it will appear.

I'm not a fan of his harvested donor zones, dude is wild there, nor his placement of sometimes even triples into the hairline, his design almost always looks natural and suits the patients face 100%. He always makes sure to frame the patient's face in a way that does make them look younger. I gotta give him that.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, this is really nice job

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
can we please stop claming a receeded hairline is a must if you are old because a unreceeded hairline gives you a "boyish" looks?

majority asians or native indians dont receed in their whole life and it doesnt look unnatural at all. and even at white people it looks totally normal

86018920150722105435.jpg

pretty much ideal

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
can we please stop claming a receeded hairline is a must if you are old because a unreceeded hairline gives you a "boyish" looks?

majority asians or native indians dont receed in their whole life and it doesnt look unnatural at all. and even at white people it looks totally normal

View attachment 126051

pretty much ideal
Yep, agreed.
I think the rule is simple: more hair => better.

Ye of course the exceptions are very unusual extremely low hairline , like that guy's picture that published here somewhere (I think some MMA boxer)

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Wolf Pack

i totally agree wit you that you dont need a norwood 0 to look good...its not about having the lowest hairline in the room but more about NOT being bald or heavily receeded.

norwood 2 or in some cases norwood 3 is like a cut off - every norwood stage after that you looks can drop drastically. every norwood stage before that can look better but the gains are minor to non existant.

however by no means look a norwood 1 worse then norwood 2 or 3. it might make no difference but it doesnt look worse.