Dr Zarev Vacuum Assisted Tecnique For Graft Extraction

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you know any technical details about his procedure then post them. I doubt there's anything special ascot the procedure that allows more grafts to survive, but it's possible.

I don't know anything about him, but I'm sure if you were a top hair transplant doctor, you would have some pointers. Since it's pretty safe to to say that 2 does not equal 1, no matter how good the pictures are!

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
My bullshit meter goes off the chart when a guy claims to have developed a new type of FUE and has been practicing for years but yet to no avail there isn't a single review of his work by his patients. I would expect work this good to have at least SOME presence on the hair loss internet communities.

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems too good to be true. Would like to see a video from this doctor telling us how he does this.

whatintheworld

Reaction score

whatintheworld

Reaction score
My bullshit meter goes off the chart when a guy claims to have developed a new type of FUE and has been practicing for years but yet to no avail there isn't a single review of his work by his patients. I would expect work this good to have at least SOME presence on the hair loss internet communities.

True, but I still think internet hair loss forums are a pretty small sample size. This doctor does seem to have quite a large number of patient results on his website though.

https://www.hairtransplantation.bg/index.php/en/results

I wouldn't want anyone here to be a guinea pig for the sake of the community, but at least doing a consultation and talking with the man might be of use.

From his pictures though, these rival Hasson and Wong and Dr.Konior, who are probably my top 2 clinics.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
If I knew nothing about the procedure and heard terminology called "vacuum assisted technique", I would assume it's some extraction mechanism that minimizes graft transection by almost sucking the graft cleanly out from the head. So the surgeon would still probably need to apply the initial pressure, determine the right angle of extraction, and the tool would perform the majority of the work after that.

This would in theory minimize adjacent graft damage and allow for greater donor harvesting reserves.

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, these are some exceptional results. Videos and photos are very very good, there is wet hair, hairdryer blowing etc, no way to mask it, these are truly great results, https://www.hairtransplantation.bg/index.php/en/event/6050FUEChestGrafts this is very interesting to me, I didn't see a really great body hair transplant, and this looks like it. His hair looks fantastic, even this short.

I also have a decent amount of chest hair, if I don't see really good results from rolling and other stuff I am trying, I'd be really interested in doing this.

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
btw, if someone is willing to go try it out first, I'd be willing to chip in with some funds.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I would be down to chip in some funds as well to who would try.

I'm a bit risk averse so I was aiming to have my first FUE be only about 2500 grafts, as I read this would maximize the likelihood of graft survivability.

But certainly if someone told me I could with similar risk get 4000+, I would obviously prefer that option instead. It's more so the fear of if something goes wrong, most of your grafts just got used so any repairs are now more much difficult.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no opinion on this alleged new tech, but I doubt he's doing anything that's not available to any surgeon that wants it. Seems to me he's mostly just an extremely talented young doctor making the most of the technology available. His name has come up pretty frequently for the last few years when discussing the best hair transplant surgeons.

Jesse14

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no opinion on this alleged new tech, but I doubt he's doing anything that's not available to any surgeon that wants it. Seems to me he's mostly just an extremely talented young doctor making the most of the technology available. His name has come up pretty frequently for the last few years when discussing the best hair transplant surgeons.

To add, I know Dr. Rassman said Zarev is very talented. Zarev was headlined a major hair transplant conference. I think he's legit.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well personally I've never seen such a huge graft extraction in very high norwoods

whatintheworld

Reaction score
There was some other doctor on the other forum, Dr. Feller, who basically made a point to crusade against FUE saying that the yield will always be significantly worse, that FUT will always be the gold standard, some 3 forces of FUE that can never be overcome...

Just lol.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is stunningly great, but I too am wondering how this is possible. How is it possible to move so much hair to the top of the head and it look like hardly any hair from the back was removed?

I'll also share something here my uncle sent me recently, even though it may only have slight relevance but I don't think it warrants its own thread. There is this Dr. Reuben Thaker in Las Vegas who apparently does FUE hair transplants but with this "implantation device"; he learned the technique in Greece and instead of making incisions to implant the follicles, the device just kind of injects the bulb into the scalp so it's less invasive. Not much info though beyond this news interview: https://news3lv.com/news/videos/dr-thaker-speaks-about-new-hair-restoration-technique and this website info: https://phazelaser.com/hair-transplantation/. And I can't see how it would be anything to be excited about for a Norwood 6 like me, since it's still just relocation of a limited # of follicles.