Dr Zarev Vacuum Assisted Tecnique For Graft Extraction

whatintheworld

Reaction score
coolio don't worry, hopefully some of us here will get procedures with him and show you the difference, hell if you live in the USA I'll get a beer with you while you check my donor with a magnifying glass ;)

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr. Zarev is going to make 4 presentations on the upcoming GHLS 2020 virtual conference (4th and 5th of December). Anyone interested in crowdsourcing the funds for someone of the forum to participate? It's 500 bucks

At the upcoming GHLS 2020 virtual conference, I will show a detailed video of one of my two-day operations. The video shows all stages of a patient’s first operation, in which the surgical plan includes the transplantation of a total of 11,500 grafts.

12/4/20 Tsvetalin Zarev Plenary Session 1 Super-Giga Sessions near and over 13,000 grafts (15 minutes)

12/4/20 Tsvetalin Zarev Patient Evaluation and Patient Management (Room 2) My approach to the donor area (15 minutes)

12/5/20 Tsvetalin Zarev Donor Area (Room 1) My Approach to the Donor Area (7 minutes)

12/5/20 Tsvetalin Zarev Recipient Area (Room 1) My approach to the recipient area (15 minutes)

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This dude’s results are insane. We can argue all we want about depleted donor, etc. I think we forget how far we’ve come, to even be having that argument. In years past, you could completely deplete someone’s donor via strip/fue, and barely fill in a hairline...... and even that, at cosmetically unacceptable levels. Whatever Zarev is doing, it’s changing the game, seemingly consistently. This is cause for hope. I hope that other doctors acquire the same abilities.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah so why hasn't anyone else begun to use the same "technology" Zarev is using? He says he plans to teach others; but if it's a vacuum-assisted technique of FUE, it would seem other surgeons would develop their own similar ways with the same approach.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah so why hasn't anyone else begun to use the same "technology" Zarev is using? He says he plans to teach others; but if it's a vacuum-assisted technique of FUE, it would seem other surgeons would develop their own similar ways with the same approach.
Perhaps. Or perhaps it’s just his skill level with extraction, design, hair direction, and implantation. So much of that procedure is as much artistic as it is technical. That is what separates the men from the boys.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe he got a big breakthrough and it will take time before others catch up. Can't think about other explanation (other than magic, lol).

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps. Or perhaps it’s just his skill level with extraction, design, hair direction, and implantation. So much of that procedure is as much artistic as it is technical. That is what separates the men from the boys.
Oh he is very talented for sure. But he must have developed an extraction technology like no other. With traditional methods, it would be impossible to do the super giga sessions he is doing with quality. This article by Dr. Feller explains well how complicated is to perform them: https://fellermedical.com/hair-transplant-mega-session/ (maybe the doctor exaggerated a little bit on the complexity of things but overall I think his description is accurate)

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright. Here's something I wanna hear what others think about. My uncle lives near Las Vegas and started seeing this doctor for PRP sessions (he has most of his hair left so he is a different case than most of us severe baldies). But, this doctor also claims to perform a technique of hair transplantation with "no incisions" by using a follicle "implanter" device. See his news interview here:

And his website here:

At first glance this seems very scammy especially since there is no robust set of patient reviews or transplant results that I can find, but I ask that we give him a fair look first and then I want to hear what other people think about this.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, so Zarev can transplant 10,000+ in one huge multi-day session. That doesn't mean it's wise.

Do you really wanna bet your entire lifetime donor hair all at once? Even the best docs have weak results and outright failures. Sometimes a particular patient doesn't mesh with a particular Doctor for some subtle reason of the biology. (If Zarev claims he doesn't have any bad results then he is lying. He's been doing this for 10+ years. No cosmetic surgeon has a record that perfect, period.)

Sometimes a patient re-thinks his overall plan once he sees the results of the first session, whether it's the coverage gained or the damage to the donor area. What if Zarev moves 10,000 grafts and then you end up wishing you had stopped at 8000 and taken it easier on your donor area? Etc.

The fact that Zarev is even willing to attempt such big sessions is enough to concern me. I don't think it is in the patient's best interests.

Last edited:

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright. Here's something I wanna hear what others think about. My uncle lives near Las Vegas and started seeing this doctor for PRP sessions (he has most of his hair left so he is a different case than most of us severe baldies). But, this doctor also claims to perform a technique of hair transplantation with "no incisions" by using a follicle "implanter" device. See his news interview here:

And his website here:

At first glance this seems very scammy especially since there is no robust set of patient reviews or transplant results that I can find, but I ask that we give him a fair look first and then I want to hear what other people think about this.
Check out my RIP PRP post.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Okay, so Zarev can transplant 10,000+ in one huge multi-day session. That doesn't mean it's wise.

Do you really wanna bet your entire lifetime donor hair all at once? Even the best docs have weak results and outright failures. Sometimes a particular patient doesn't mesh with a particular Doctor for some subtle reason of the biology. (If Zarev claims he doesn't have any bad results then he is lying. He's been doing this for 10+ years. No cosmetic surgeon has a record that perfect, period.)

Sometimes a patient re-thinks his overall plan once he sees the results of the first session, whether it's the coverage gained or the damage to the donor area. What if Zarev moves 10,000 grafts and then you end up wishing you had stopped at 8000 and taken it easier on your donor area? Etc.

The fact that Zarev is even willing to attempt such big sessions is enough to concern me. I don't think it is in the patient's best interests.
Wrong, he doesn't do it in one day, or in one session.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

He actually splits the 10,000 grafts in 2 two-day sessions , many months apart.

Still risky because the sessions are still fairly big (around 5000 grafts or more) and there is always the chance something out of the doctor's control going wrong and you will end up losing a sh*t ton of grafts. If I go to Dr. Zarev I'm thinking about asking for the procedures to be split in more smaller sessions to lower the risks.

There is a case in the spanish hair transplant forums where a guy had around 3,000 grafts with Dr Bruno Pinto (a very good hair transplant doctor) and basically none of it ended up growing. Later on he found out he had a condition in his scalp causing an auto immune disease that probably nuked all the implanted grafts. Imagine if he had done one of those giga sessions before finding out about it. All his donor would have went to the trash.

Here is the case :https://foro.recuperarelpelo.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=78822&start=615

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He actually splits the 10,000 grafts in 2 two-day sessions , many months apart.

Still risky because the sessions are still fairly big (around 5000 grafts or more) and there is always the chance something out of the doctor's control going wrong and you will end up losing a sh*t ton of grafts. If I go to Dr. Zarev I'm thinking about asking for the procedures to be split in more smaller sessions to lower the risks.

There is a case in the spanish hair transplant forums where a guy had around 3,000 grafts with Dr Bruno Pinto (a very good hair transplant doctor) and basically none of it ended up growing. Later on he found out he had a condition in his scalp causing an auto immune disease that probably nuked all the implanted grafts. Imagine if he had done one of those giga sessions before finding out about it. All his donor would have went to the trash.

Here is the case :https://foro.recuperarelpelo.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=78822&start=615

That's the sort of stuff I warn about.

Megasessions are popular but they have always been controversial. There isn't a transplant Doctor in the world with a perfect success rate.

Doing several smaller sessions is a PITA for practical reasons but nothing else. There are no downsides in terms of the final result, only upsides.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@coolio look what I've found in another forum. An old patient review (5 years ago) from Dr. Zarev, didn't went good. Looks like the patient had some sort on inflammation in his scalp:

Let's be honest, comparing pics it is obvious a lot of grafts ended up not growing. Maybe his scalp has some sort of a condition and should have been checked by a dermatologist - would explain the redness of the skin.

10th day post op:

image.png.6621f321665c36e1376a5786de481297.png

Almost 4 months post op:
image.png.bea528720cc958c2eadb205f3722a6c0.png

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
@coolio look what I've found in another forum. An old patient review (5 years ago) from Dr. Zarev, didn't went good. Looks like the patient had some sort on inflammation in his scalp:

Let's be honest, comparing pics it is obvious a lot of grafts ended up not growing. Maybe his scalp has some sort of a condition and should have been checked by a dermatologist - would explain the redness of the skin.

10th day post op:

View attachment 152370

Almost 4 months post op:View attachment 152371
Isn't 4 months very little in terms of seeing results? I thought after 3 months you will just start seeing some hair grow, and it takes almost a year for the final results to show up.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't 4 months very little in terms of seeing results? I thought after 3 months you will just start seeing some hair grow, and it takes almost a year for the final results to show up.
Kinda of. After 4 months you can expect decent amount of growth and for the most cases after 7-8 months what you see is the most of what you got.

Look at what that patient posted some years after that review when questioned. He never posted a follow up pic after that one.

Hey guys that's me. My result was not that great overall. Certainly nothing like the ads showed, but I do actually have some hair 6 years later, although I have to keep it very short. I had a free corrective follow up procedure again with Dr Zarev few months later, but still far from the best results he's shown. As far as I can tell the cases he shows are real but he may have others that didn't grow that well like me.

So he had free corrective follow up procedure and even then didn't look good. The skin is very red in the area the hairs didn't grow, this means something was wrong with his skin IMO.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I would like to see that patient's follow up pictures 12 months out, as well to know if he is on finasteride and minoxidil, etc.