Dr. Tsuji Announces New Hair Care Line KASUI

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Through a joint research project with Adjuvant Cosmetics of Japan, Dr. Takashi Tsuji of the Riken Institute has brought forth a new line of hair care products featuring a “hair growth promoting” peptide.

The launch of “Kasui”, a Japanese hair care brand, was announced March 3, 2021 by the social-media maven himself, Dr. Taksahi Tsuji. Apparently, the official press release for the launch has been on the Japanese version of the Riken website since February 26, 2021 unbeknown to many. Translated into English, the title of the press release reads “Discovered the hair growth promoting effect of functional peptides -Applicability to new hair growth products and scalp care products-.” The PR mentions that research done by Tsuji’s lab in pursuit of new hair growth ingredients lead to the discovery of “functional peptide A” which “grows hair in the same manner as minoxidil” and “induces the expression of genes for physiologically active substances related to hair growth in hair papilla cells that control hair growth.” We received a “heads-up” about Dr. Tsuji developing cosmetic hair growth ingredients from our Youtubing friend Youngjet back in August 2020. It’s now been confirmed, the rumors are true.

KASUI_Essence-Tsuji.jpg
kasui-care.jp

KASUI Essence​

The Kasui brand is launching with 3 products in its lineup; a shampoo, a scalp treatment, and an essence. According to the company’s FAQ page, only the Kasui Essence product contains the functional peptide A which promotes hair growth. The other products are said to clean the scalp and support the penetration of the functional peptide. It is also revealed in the FAQ page that this peptide was not solely discovered in Dr. Tsuji’s lab, it was actually a known peptide, but its hair growth promoting effect was discovered in the Tsuji lab.

So, what to think at the moment? It’s an interesting development to hear that a respected researcher like Dr. Tsuji is putting his name behind a cosmetic hair growth ingredient, but, its best to keep expectations grounded for now. We must remember this product (as far as I can tell) has only been tested on human tissue in a laboratory setting, I do not see evidence of a human pilot study yet as there are no before-and-after photos available. It’s also important to remember that this product is being compared to minoxidil, which can be considered a mild to moderate hair growth stimulant. Likely, the product will be used by local Japanese consumers for several months until it becomes more accessible to outside territories. The FAQ page also mentions that the Kasui line does not contain any preservatives and this is a reason why the products are not being distributed en masse to the public. At this time, it appears that the products will be distributed through hair salons or clinics Japan.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do people praise/respect Tsuji? What are some of his accomplishments?

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This to me, seems eerily similar to the Brotzu lotion. Putting your name to this, in my opinion means that the cloning project has failed and they just want some additional money.

Most likely he will get some royalties, and live off of that. He is an older guy now. How long can you work for?