Dr. Takashi Tsuji - Hair Regeneration as a Future Organ Replacement

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do they have a timeline for when they might be ready to enter pre-clinical trials with something or are they still in the experimental/hypothetical stage? Do you think this would be the end all cure Swoop? The way I understand it is that this will allow doctors to clone donor hair. That would literally be a cure for almost everyone.

Yes, mate I do believe that "hair cloning" will be the end cure in the sense that everyone could get his hair back. It would help everyone from burn victims to people suffering from cicatrial alopecia.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, mate I do believe that "hair cloning" will be the end cure in the sense that everyone could get his hair back. It would help everyone from burn victims to people suffering from cicatrial alopecia.
That sounds like a dream come true. No one would ever lose an bit of sleep over hair ever again, provided they have the money. In your personal opinion, how far off do you think we are from this?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
That sounds like a dream come true. No one would ever lose an bit of sleep over hair ever again, provided they have the money. In your personal opinion, how far off do you think we are from this?

He is aiming for human clinical trials in 2020. I guess he is going to engage in extensive pre-clinical testing first (his method incorporates stem cells). In a world without boundaries he wouldn't be far off, at least that is what I believe. However this isn't the case so you are talking about at least 10 years and that would be the most optimum dream scenario. Highly likely it's going to be longer than that imo.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He is aiming for human clinical trials in 2020. I guess he is going to engage in extensive pre-clinical testing first (his method incorporates stem cells). In a world without boundaries he wouldn't be far off, at least that is what I believe. However this isn't the case so you are talking about at least 10 years and that would be the most optimum dream scenario. Highly likely it's going to be longer than that imo.
Even with Japan's deregulation of stem cell treatments? Damn, that's much further out than I was expecting.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
March 16, 2016 5:45 am JST
[h=1]Meiji Seika Pharma teams with lab to research hair loss cure[/h]
TOKYO -- Meiji Seika Pharma will partner with the government-affiliated Riken research institute to develop treatments to regrow lost hair, eyeing a full-fledged entry into the booming regenerative medicine field.
The Meiji Holdings unit will work mainly with Takashi Tsuji, head of the Laboratory for Organ Regeneration at the Riken Center for Developmental Biology. Tsuji is known for using stem cells to regrow hair and teeth in mice. During the three-year partnership, Meiji Seika Pharma will test whether his research is applicable to humans and, if so, whether it can be commercialized.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Even with Japan's deregulation of stem cell treatments? Damn, that's much further out than I was expecting.

Let's hope Tsuji's method works better than Japan's currently failing experiment in economic voodoo with deregulation and austerity that hasn't worked anywhere in the world so far. And Tsuji won't be the only one working on hair multiplication.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
2022 won't happen. Maybe Replicel Shiseido, but not Tsuji Riken. And it will start small, it'll be a few years before it's widely available to the public. Transplants and minoxidil are still the best bet if your still young. Tsuji may come to your rescue in your middle age days.