Dr. Takashi Tsuji - Hair Regeneration as a Future Organ Replacement

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

Last edited:

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your effort man. Did you also get some information or attend the following presentation;

Differences between affected and clinically non-affected scalpin male individuals with male pattern androgenetic alopecia: Linking of clinical and molecular biological findings, Annika Vogt, MD. ?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have contacted Dr. Takashi Tsuji, because I was interested in how far they are. Re-read their publications and to me it seems they are the closest to a possible cure.

Unfortunately there is somewhat of a language barrier. Wish I could speak Japanese to gain knowledge of this talented, intelligent yet humble person.

Anyway he mentioned the problems at the moment are the expansion of the epithelial bulge stem cells and DPC. He said the critical issue revolves around expansion of the epithelial bulge stem cells though. When they overcome the current hurdles they will go with a pre-clinical study to check for safety before following with human clinical trials.

He did say that he is fairly confident that their method will translate perfectly well on humans just like in the rodent model.

Dr. Takashi Tsuji;

photo_tsuji.jpg

Maybe our hero one day.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Sweet dreams Jaym haha, has anyone gotten a closer look at his before pics? :)
Maybe he has used his technology on himself haha

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I guess this technique can create a new follicle and grow hair on scar ?

Don't know but perhaps that would work yes.

While his research is very promising it will still take time. It's not like they are going ahead with pre-clinical trials now. They are still facing some problems and they want to have those fixed before going to pre-clinical trials. If you can't expand the cells properly it's useless to initiate a clinical trial for example.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have a specific question I can ask for you?
Do they have a timeline for when they might be ready to enter pre-clinical trials with something or are they still in the experimental/hypothetical stage? Do you think this would be the end all cure Swoop? The way I understand it is that this will allow doctors to clone donor hair. That would literally be a cure for almost everyone.