Dr Rogers' patients

maol2006

Reaction score
Calling Whiskey [Tango Bravo] Carter, etc!

Remember you said that the end of the year would be an important time. So how are things? My first transplant is still see-thru but , to an unscientific eye, substantially better than at 4 months. As a former Norwood 5A I’m grateful to have anything to work with although I hope for more.

Went back for a crown [& bridge] transplant at 7 months. Probably too soon, but the vanity factor increases as there’s a big round number approaching. The 2nd transplant more than recouped the shortfall on the1st procedure. No confidence problems this time. The new premises are sparkling, so if that helps squash ‘the cowboys’ claims that they represent the state-of-the-art UK centre of the industry, then good.

The 2nd transplant seemed slightly sorer over the few days that followed -- but perhaps that’s because I was simply relieved not to be sent into bloody bloated exile on the planet Jupiter the first time round.

1850 [strip] front + bridge Apr 2006

1367 [strip] crown + bridge Nov 2006

whiskey

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello mate
I now go to the hairdressers :freaked2:
I've just been for the second time, I'd never been before in my life. The first visit was more scary than the surgery, how weird is that.

I've gone from long brown/grey messy, balding hair to shortish, stylish, blonde hair with highlights. I chose the hairdresser because my wife goes there. I still don't have perfect thick hair but the combination of surgery, hairstyle and hair colour means that with a touch of hairspray I pretty much look like I have a full head of hair. Something I could never have hoped for before.

In a perfect world I'd have a lower and thicker hairline & be able to carry off any hairstyle but just by being able to carry off one is a 1000% improvement.

I'll be taking photos at some point soon so I'll post them when I do.

G

Cool whiskey. Glad you're enjoying your improved quality of life. I know exactly how you feel, and it's the illusion of coverage that can still make us look good without having the original density levels. And I'm impressed with the other measures you have taken like narrowing your color contrast and hair styling. Thanks for offering your pics too. :hairy:

maol2006

Reaction score
Bumped to the top as Carter has returned. Interesting to see that we've both joined the Rogers Doubles Club. The second transplant is now nine weeks old . I'd swear that something is growing on the crown although it's probably impossible at this stage. Nothing cosmetically significant but there's a certain roughness and the slaphead feel is hopefully banished for ever.javascript:emoticon(':hairy:')
Hairy

P.S. Just to keep things straight and to avoid accusations of jiggerypokery and "shilling" I'm "scalpfarmer" over on HairLoss Help. Should really have used the same name but...

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
Hiya maol2006 :) Yes I guess it is the doubles club!

Dr R confirmed the first procedure for me back in Jan 2006 was 1800 grafts and this month 1850.

It definitely took around 9 months to see the results so I expect I'll have to wait again until the Autumn to see the full effect.

Dr R took new photos, once these come through I can compare the effect of the first transplant over 12 months. I think you really need to have photos taken under the right lighting conditions to allow for a proper comparison.

I'm hoping this second transplant will give me the density I want so that my scalp will not be showing. I've liked the gradual transition so that no one around me sees any obvious change.

I'm now off work all next week working from home before I re-emerge into society a week tommorow 8)

Just regarding other forums..I use carter as my username on Hair Loss Help and I've just joined though not yet posted on Stop Hair Loss Now.

I'll certainly keep posting here on progress through the year - best of luck on your own grafts meantime - it is a good feeling to reverse the problem!