dr. redmond

G

I saw him last week

Hi - I asw Dr. Redmond last week. Read my reply on the article about testosterone and FPB. If you have any questions, post it and I will get back to you.

G

thanks

i read your posy about dr. redmond and i am glad it was positive. i will be seeing him in a couple of weeks. I am also 29 years old with thinning hair in a "pattern" at the top of my head and sides. i have had bloodwork done and all of my hormones are extremely low (due to being underweight for years). i will be interested to see what he says...

G

one more question to nygal

i also forgot to mention that my testosterone is 50 ng/dl and my dcotor said that that is on the low side. it has a scale on my lab results indicating that anything under 49 ng/dl is considered low. this confuses me from what you said dr. redmong indicated about testosterone levels. what were your estrogen / progesterone levels?
thanks!!

G

Hi - hmm, that's strange. Dr. Redmond said most women's testosterone should be around a 40. I gave him the copies of my labs, so I don't know the numbers of other blood levels (I just know everything was considered normal). He definitely said 51 was "elevated". I rememer my labs had a range for normal of less than 70. Maybe each lab measure results differently - I'm not sure. I'll be interested in hearing how your visit with him goes. Just a note - the visit is expensive - 500 bucks the first time and 200 per followup AND he doesn't take insurance (he will give you a receipt and you can submit to your ins. co for partial reimbursement). He'll spend a good hour with you, so make sure to have all your questions ready - it will be a thorough visit. Good Luck and keep me posted!!!!

G

who is this dr. redman

where is he located? does he have a website?

G

Don't know about him

I don't know about Dr. Redmond. I did a search on him and he has got nothing but bad reviews from patients. They say he is a quack x 10! He doesn't give you a scalp biopsy, doesn't do the hair pull test and basically uses the visualization technique <--- not very scientific. However, I would like to mention that I've never seen this man. But if you go on hairsite.com and keratin.com. Patients who've seen him blast him. They also say his visits are short. And if I'm gonna pay $500 for a visit - you better give me at least an hour - even if it's to hear you sing yankee doodle dandy.

I don't know folks but a $500 dollar office visit is high. People also say that he basically prescribes spironolactone and doesn't believe in Telogen Effluvium. He thinks most people have a form of Androgenetic Alopecia. Again, I'm not tring to blast the man because he maybe good but from all the posts I've read - the verdict is - dissapointing

G

About Dr. Redmond

Hi all

I just wanted to post some info about Dr. Redmond. I have been to see him, and he is not a quack. Most of the negative stories you are reading are from people that HAVE NOT EVEN SEEN him. Believe me, I have conversed with these people numerous times.

Dr. Redmond is expensive but he is an ENDOCRINOLOGIST with over 20 years experience with females. He is not a dermatologist, so therefore will not perform a scalp biopsy or hair pull test. He is looking for the internal cause of Androgenetic Alopecia, which in most cases of healthy females the problem begins with elevated Testosterone levels.

Dr. Redmond would be the type of Doctor you see post dermatoligist. I have seen 3 dermatologists, had a scalp biopsy done at the first, two endocrinologist whose labs both showed elevated levels of testosterone, and not one prescribed me any medication. Dr. Redmond will spend as much time with you as you need. He is also one of the few Dr.s that prescribe DHT inhibitors to women. It can be difficult at times to find local derms or endos that do this.

I suggest seeing him to anyone that can. I will be returning to see him again in Jan/Feb and will give additional feedback.

Jenn

G

I agree with Jenn. As I've posted previously, I saw Dr. Redmond my self about 3 weeks ago and found him caring and informed on women's issues. He spent over and houtr with me and answered all my questions. Jenn - would you mind sharing your story with me. Did he diagnose you with Androgenetic Alopecia due to elevated testosterone (that was my story)? What treatment did he put you on (if any), is it working? I'd love to compare. Thanks so much - hope to hear from you soon! Dee

G

His book

Did any of you read his book? If so, what do you think of it?

I've noticed that you had a positive visit with Dr. Redmond. Let us know if his visits help you grow your hair back.

Also, are you on any supplements? And did he prescribe spironolactone to you.

G

Reply to Jenn About Dr. Redmond

HI, I just read that you have been to doctor redmond. I have an appointment with him on Jan 15. I am a 22 year old who has been experiencing Androgenetic Alopecia since the age of 12. I hope he has some good news for me. Can you tell me how he handled your case, was he caring, and if he prescribed anything for you. By the way, Listen ladies, I went to the Hair club for Men, to see what they had to say about my hair loss. This is a note of precaution for all the ladies out there who want to go therem " SAVE YOUR MONEY". I spent an outragious 1,750 dollars for that EXT shampoo treatment, and it did absolutely nothing for me, except put a whole in my pocekt.