Dr. Reddy's Finax vs. Cipla's Finpecia - Which is Better?

kisstopherp

Reaction score
Hello,

I am 29 and have been losing my hair for the past 2-3 years. I started using the lasercomb about 1.5 years ago and it did a good job of maintaining my existing hair. I just recently in the last 2.5 months started using Kirkland Signature 5% generic minoxidil and while I believe it has started to work (i.e there is regrowth) it makes my scalp very very itchy and leaves all this 'gunk' on my head which is really disgusting. Since I started using minoxidil I got lazy with my lasercomb and nizoral usage and frankly I'm tired of applying the minoxidil and the dandruff and itchiness that comes with it.

I have since decided to use generic finasteride but I am hearing mixed messages as to how good they are and which one is better Cipla's version finpecia or Dr.Reddy's Finax. I am EXTREMELY nervous about taking a drug let alone a generic one produced in India. I am hoping to hold on long enough until I become suitable for a hair transplant.

What to do what to do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Chris losing his hair in Toronto....

Gus11445

Reaction score
Well i use finax from reddy and it seems to work just fine. exactly like it should. in my opinion i would say they should be exactly the same and produce the same results. I have heard of people getting fake finpecia before although i dont think this would be common. i know reddy has a good reputation so i am going to continue buying from them.

beaner

Reaction score
The majority of folks that are using the generics are using Cipla's version--either Fincar or Finpecia, although Dr Reddy's is just as good. Both work just as well as name brand and for the record, no one has ever gotten fake Finpecia. It would be senseless to fake a drug that's dirt cheap.

nydheart

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Chris, I use finpecia from cipla that I ordered from united pharmacy. I had no problems getting it through the mail and it took just under 2 weeks. I also live in Ontario.

If I could also suggest to you switching from kirklands 5% to Rogaine Foam. I think you will find a huge difference in the flaking and itchiness by using the foam. Good luck.

kisstopherp

Reaction score
Guys,

Sorry for not responding sooner - thanks for the responses (it's nice to know nydheart that you had no problems getting cipla) and it definetly puts my mind at ease.

I think I'm going to go with the cipla and abandon the minoxidil - I know I would have better results if I stuck with the two but it's a bit too much for my comfort level.

Best of luck with your hair re-growth..

Chris