Dr Proctor's Prox-N a worthy addition?

Aus

Reaction score
I am going to add Nano Shampoo and Conditioner to my regimen to attempt to thicken and regrow some of my diffuse thinning.

My question is - Do you think it is worth adding the Prox-N as well?

I am currently taking finasteride and using Tricomin daily. I am keen to try non-minoxidil based solutions first.

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
I think so. Dr.Proctor has been in the hair loss game for 20+ years. I trust his claims and products.

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
Aus said:
I am going to add Nano Shampoo and Conditioner to my regimen to attempt to thicken and regrow some of my diffuse thinning.

My question is - Do you think it is worth adding the Prox-N as well?

I am currently taking finasteride and using Tricomin daily. I am keen to try non-minoxidil based solutions first.

nano shampoo and conditioner are top products IMO. Very convenient for diffuse thinners like myself...

Prox-N would be next on my list.... loaded with quality ingredients... good option to add to your regimen since you don`t want to use minoxidil.

I use both tricomin and folligen spray but will be using only folligen when Im done with my tricomin bottles... tricomin is ok but I just prefer Folligen.

My Folligen spray is "deep blue" in color (no green ).... has NO smell whatsoever...

Ive been putting on a few lines under my eyes a couple of drops of folligen spray.... after it dries I spread a couple drops of emu oil over it to help the folligen penetrate plus the benefits of emu oil....... I am impresed so far..... those lines have diminished and the skin looks real smooth.

these little experiment on my face gives me the idea that it must be pretty potent stuff and that it must have a positive effect on my scalp and follicles.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I like your thinking there Patagonia. I'm 28 now and noticing fine lines round my eyes from burning the midnight oil, I have emu oil and folligen and shall try this out.

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
its good stuff Petchsky...... I've noticed a big difference from doing this for a few months about 3x per week.

reading the testimonials on Dr. Pickart's website about people that use the copper creams for their face care.... you can get the idea of the benefits.

its interesting to feel the combo of folligen and emu..... after applying a bit of folligen on the skin it tingles a bit, and when folligen has dried and I spread the emu oil over it....within a few minutes the tingling becomes much much stronger.... penetrating the skin well I'm assuming.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What i want to know is what copper peptides are used in prox-N. I heard the old ones in the original folligen were not very effective but the newer ones gave better results.

pproctor

Established Member
Reaction score
follicle84 said:
What i want to know is what copper peptides are used in prox-N. I heard the old ones in the original folligen were not very effective but the newer ones gave better results.

We still use the older technology of copper peptide SODs, but I now prefer the TEMPOL and TEMPOL-style SOD-mimetics. TEMPOL is now in clinical trials for radiation-induced hair loss. Works too.

Peter H. Proctor, PhD,MD

pproctor

Established Member
Reaction score
47thin said:
What is in Prox-N now Dr P?

Not necessarily in order: Water, propylene glycol, NANO (nicotinic acid N-Oxide ), SOD's ( copper/zinc peptides, TEMPO/TEMPOL), PBN ( a spin-trap), ascorbate, panthenol, ZnSO4, BHT, EDTA.

Peter H. Proctor, PhD,MD

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dr P. There is a company selling products called nanogaine which use SOD's which i believe you use in your products. They also do there own nano shampoo in the brand name nanogaurd a. Do you have any association with this company? or are they a different company entirely.

pproctor

Established Member
Reaction score
follicle84 said:
Dr P. There is a company selling products called nanogaine which use SOD's which i believe you use in your products. They also do there own nano shampoo in the brand name nanogaurd a. Do you have any association with this company? or are they a different company entirely.

No. Unfortunately, there has been recently been a rash of knock-offs of both our trademarks and our patents. Nanogaine is just one of them.

The most outrageous set of knock-offs is from Pureology, recently purchased by cosmetics giant L'Oreal. Pureology is now one of their high-end product lines. I suppose I should be honored.

Anyway, Purology has a NANOworks (sic) line of products that they sell thru salons. Allegedly, the Pureology formulations were developed by a California hairdressor named James Markham. You can judge the credibility of this claim, especially considering the multiple infringements of our intellectual property.

Usually you get your patents or your trademarks ripped off, not both. BTW, we have used the "NANO" mark for roughly 20 years, which means we have pretty strong claims to it.

The ingredients list of every Purology product I have been able to locate indicates that they infringe at least two of our patents. I mean, their ingredients lists include stuff that is in the title of my patents. And then they sell it under our NANO trademark. Lotta damn nerve.

Pureology products only sell through hair stylists. So I was not aware of any of these shenangans until recently.

Interestingly, three L'Oreal patents cite our hair-treatment discoveries as "prior art". So they knew about our technology in the very areas that the Pureology products infringe. I have contacted them about this and hope for a favorable reply.

Peter H. Proctor, PhD,MD

G

I am looking forward to see if those guys that started prox or prox-n, will achieve any regrowth or better results :salut:

pproctor

Established Member
Reaction score
47thin said:
Has the formula changed from a year or so ago, Dr P?

Yes. We periodically modify all of our fomulas as indicated. For one thing, there is an additional SOD.

Peter H. Proctor, PhD,MD

treadstone

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr. Proctor,
If I order the Prox-N equivalent product from lef.org, will it contain your newer formulations? (ie. with TEMPO, etc)

pproctor

Established Member
Reaction score
treadstone said:
Dr. Proctor,
If I order the Prox-N equivalent product from lef.org, will it contain your newer formulations? (ie. with TEMPO, etc)

Yes. Just less of them and in a little different proportions to cut the cost of manufacture. However, the LEF formulation is a somewhat better deal for the money.

Peter H. Proctor, PhD,MD

treadstone

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr Proctor,
Would it be a good idea to get both Prox-N and the LEF Prox-N formulation and rotate between the two? (e.g. perhaps two days of LEF for every one day of Prox-N)?

pproctor

Established Member
Reaction score
treadstone said:
Dr Proctor,
Would it be a good idea to get both Prox-N and the LEF Prox-N formulation and rotate between the two? (e.g. perhaps two days of LEF for every one day of Prox-N)?

Sure. Definitely worth trying. To keep our response rate as high as possible, we really load up our formulations with active ingredients. Many persons do not need so much.

Peter h. Proctor, PhD,MD

gps

Reaction score
I know Dr. Proctor has been very honest about stating
that the LEF versions are "better value for money"
compared to the versions on his site. But,
I would like to know what are the "exact" concentration
differences between the LEF version and his version?

Also there are versions of his products on a site called
betterlife.com, I was wondering about that site as well.

Thanks.

JWM

Reaction score
I have ordered from Betterlife; it's the same product offered at LEF.

I don't think Dr. P will give you exact concentrations; I would just trust that when he says something is a better value then go for it. Use the LEF brand.