Dr. Proctors products??

RayReadon

Reaction score
Are Dr.Proctors Nano shampoos worth trying, or are they snake oil??

Finpecia 1mg
nizoral 3 x week
T-Gel 3 x week
centrium tabs
green tea

2 months on reg, started sheddding, some loss of libido in past week

:scratch: :salut: :grouphug:

donkdidonk2

Reaction score
I have been using them for about 6 weeks and niw when I pull at my hair none comes out whereas before up to 4 would come out.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
I don't think the shampoo is snake oil. It has SOD's in them that should help for scalp health and a little regrowth. You or I might not respond but I don't think it would be the fault of the ingredients. We might just be unresponsive. Anyway, the shampoo has good ingredients IMHO.

Shampoo first with another shampoo, then put a dime sized amount in your palm and let the Nano shampoo soak into your bald areas for about 5 minutes. That way the bottle will last a LONG time.

It's part of my warehouse sized remedies! :)

RayReadon

Reaction score
O.B where do you get your Dr.Proctor products, i went to his site and it was more expensive and a different packageing to another site health-marketplace.com

Old Baldy

Reaction score
I bought from Dr. Proctor's site but other guys who have tried both say they are the same texture wise, etc. I really don't know if they are the same though. Someone else will have to answer this one.

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
I bought from Dr. Proctor's site but other guys who have tried both say they are the same texture wise, etc. I really don't know if they are the same though. Someone else will have to answer this one.

Here is a comparison, make of it what you will.

Natural Hair Growth listed ingredients:

water, propyleneglycol, polysorbate-80, 3-carboxpyridine-N-oxide, SODases, asphenol, copper-binding peptides, arginine, BHT, zinc sulfate, complexed copper.

9 actives + water + propylenegycol

Cost $39.95

From Dr.Proctor's Prox-N bottle listed ingredients:

Allantoin, Ascorbate, Ascorbylpalmitate, Arginine, BHT, 3-caboxypyridine-N-Oxide, CU/ZN binding peptides (from CU/ZN sulfates), EDTA, Propyleneglycol, Superoxide Dismutases, Water.

10 actives + water + propylenegycol

Cost $59.95

Common Actives

1. 3-carboxpyridine-N-oxide
2. copper-binding peptides = CU/ZN binding peptides (from CU/ZN sulfates)? Not sure, sounds the same.
3. arginine
4. SODases = Superoxide Dismutases ? Not sure, sounds the same
5. zinc sulfate = (from CU/ZN sulfates) ? Not sure, sounds the same
6. BHT

Sounds like the ingredients are almost identical and may be going by different names, except for;

1.Allantoin
2. Ascorbate
3. Ascorbylpalmitate
4. Asphenol

Definitions:

1. allantoin

Any of many nitrogen-containing organic compounds which are found in some plants and in the urine of some mammals. Allantoin is used to treat wounds and ulcers.

2.Ascorbate

A salt of ascorbic acid.

3. Ascorbyl palmitate

Ascorbyl Palmitate is a fat-soluble form of ascorbic acid that exerts the antioxidant activity characteristics of vitamin C on lipids throughout the body. In vitro studies have shown that Ascorbyl Palmitate may be more effective as an antioxidant in protecting lipids from per-oxidation than water-soluble vitamin C.

4. Asphenol could not find any information on this one.

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score

dudler

Reaction score
Just got the hair regrowth shampoo...

RayReadon,

I just got the so-called "lite" version of Proctor's shampoo from http://www.babeskin.com. The price was right and shipping was free. After two washings, my scalp and hair feel great, but we'll see if it translates into any regrowth.

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Just got the hair regrowth shampoo...

dudler said:
RayReadon,

I just got the so-called "lite" version of Proctor's shampoo from http://www.babeskin.com. The price was right and shipping was free. After two washings, my scalp and hair feel great, but we'll see if it translates into any regrowth.

Well now, seems that the ingredients are same as the other "lite" version and the price is $10 cheaper at 29.96. This is a no brainer if you want the "Lite" version. I will probably buy it since it seems the major actives are the same as Dr.Proctors version.

Water, propyleneglycol, polysorbate-80, 3-carboxpyridine-N-oxide, SODases, asphenol, copper-binding peptides, arginine, BHT, zinc sulfate, complexed copper.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
d_umberly said:
[quote="Old Baldy":05ea6]I bought from Dr. Proctor's site but other guys who have tried both say they are the same texture wise, etc. I really don't know if they are the same though. Someone else will have to answer this one.

Here is a comparison, make of it what you will.

Natural Hair Growth listed ingredients:

water, propyleneglycol, polysorbate-80, 3-carboxpyridine-N-oxide, SODases, asphenol, copper-binding peptides, arginine, BHT, zinc sulfate, complexed copper.

9 actives + water + propylenegycol

Cost $39.95

From Dr.Proctor's Prox-N bottle listed ingredients:

Allantoin, Ascorbate, Ascorbylpalmitate, Arginine, BHT, 3-caboxypyridine-N-Oxide, CU/ZN binding peptides (from CU/ZN sulfates), EDTA, Propyleneglycol, Superoxide Dismutases, Water.

10 actives + water + propylenegycol

Cost $59.95

Common Actives

1. 3-carboxpyridine-N-oxide
2. copper-binding peptides = CU/ZN binding peptides (from CU/ZN sulfates)? Not sure, sounds the same.
3. arginine
4. SODases = Superoxide Dismutases ? Not sure, sounds the same
5. zinc sulfate = (from CU/ZN sulfates) ? Not sure, sounds the same
6. BHT

Sounds like the ingredients are almost identical and may be going by different names, except for;

1.Allantoin
2. Ascorbate
3. Ascorbylpalmitate
4. Asphenol

Definitions:

1. allantoin

Any of many nitrogen-containing organic compounds which are found in some plants and in the urine of some mammals. Allantoin is used to treat wounds and ulcers.

2.Ascorbate

A salt of ascorbic acid.

3. Ascorbyl palmitate

Ascorbyl Palmitate is a fat-soluble form of ascorbic acid that exerts the antioxidant activity characteristics of vitamin C on lipids throughout the body. In vitro studies have shown that Ascorbyl Palmitate may be more effective as an antioxidant in protecting lipids from per-oxidation than water-soluble vitamin C.

4. Asphenol could not find any information on this one.[/quote:05ea6]

Thanks for the info. D_!

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score
You are most welcome. Hope it helps others as well. I am going to try the "lite" version myself when I order again next month.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
But don't forget that its not just what ingredients they contain but the AMOUNT of those ingredients.

Dr. Proctor has stated that the lite versions of his products contain less of the active ingredients.

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score
global said:
But don't forget that its not just what ingredients they contain but the AMOUNT of those ingredients.

Dr. Proctor has stated that the lite versions of his products contain less of the active ingredients.

Good information. Surely there had to be a difference to account for the huge price swing from the original to the lite version.

I intend to re-order his Skin Trap C and if he is there I may just ask him on the phone how significant the difference is. I will post the info if I find out.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks, yes, keep us updated.

Are you using Spin trap C for your hair or just on the face as general anti-ageing? Do you think it has improved your skin?

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score
global said:
Thanks, yes, keep us updated.

Are you using Spin trap C for your hair or just on the face as general anti-ageing? Do you think it has improved your skin?

Question No.1 Are you using Spin trap C for your hair or just on the face as general anti-ageing?

Yes to a degree I have been using Skin Trap C on my scalp, at least after I bought the second bottle 3 months ago. The day I called to order, I actually spoke to the Dr. where upon I asked about the order of application for Minoxidil and his two products, Prox-N and Skin Trap C

His response was " Well I used to tell people to separate the applications, but I have decided that it really doesn't matter, put them on at the same time if you want" or words to that effect. During the conversation he also made the statement that Skin Trap C " Will Grow Hair" his exact words.

Based on that I started and will continue to use it on the scalp.

I cannot say that it is responsible for the modest hair growth I have experienced, just using too many other products to do that. I can say at the same time I started using Skin Trap C on my scalp there was an improvement in vellus going to terminal. Coincidence?

Question No.2 Do you think it has improved your skin?

Absolutely, that is the reason I re-ordered and will be buying yet a third bottle. I saw the most improvement, a 50 to 60% reduction in pore size in three months. I saw a lesser reduction in deep wrinkles radiating from the corner of my eye back toward the ears, not nearly as dramatic as the pore size reduction. I think I may see a further reduction in the pore size but probably not a complete reversal as the second bottle only reduced the size slightly over the first. I will continue it once a day for the forseeable future.

Spin Trap C does have a marked affect on the skin, I am convinced of that. For hair re-growth just not sure.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks, I might order some myself :)

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score
d_umberly said:
global said:

Good information. Surely there had to be a difference to account for the huge price swing from the original to the lite version.

I intend to re-order his Skin Trap C and if he is there I may just ask him on the phone how significant the difference is. I will post the info if I find out.

I spoke with Dr. Proctor today about the difference in his version of Prox-N and the one sold by others. It is a lite version, but not so light that it can not have the same benefical affect. Basically he said if money is not the object his version is more potent, but depending on your circumstances the the lite version can be a better bargain. So I took this to mean that if your balding has not progressed too far the lite should be all you need.

That is in the context of using other topicals such as minoxidil and possibly finasteride for your internal.

You be the judge, I just ordered the light version from babeskin. We will see.