Dr Mwamba - Fue Scar Repairs (donor Restocking) - 1.000 Bht

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello Gents,

I went for my third and final repair with Dr Mwamba today in Brussels. As always a pleasure to be in this beautiful city and in the hands of this doctor. I learned today his BHT grafts are store on a special custom solution that ensures survival rates to be compared with standard FUE for up to 48 hours outside of the body.

We did 520 BHT grafts into the right side and will be doing another 500 to the left side in 10 days. I am been giving a flat/studio to stay for these 10 days at no extra charge. This is so I can sleep on my left side during recovery. All extractions were from the beard, chest and legs at 3 euros per graft for the beard ones and 4 euros per grafts for the leg ones.

Surgery took a crazy 14 hours as BHT extraction is done manually and extremely slow. This has been my surgery number 13. Still 3 more to go.

Preop

unnamed-2.jpg

Placement

IMG-0379.jpg

I am crazy tired and going to bed.

Any questions always happy to answer

Attachments

• IMG-0400.jpg
    IMG-0400.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 411

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 months and 2 weeeks

Attachments

• unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 455

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Final result after 1.600 BHT into donor (total count) in 2 surgeries.

Overall extremely happy to be able to were my hair short again and not have obvious signs of surgery to the untrained eye. Next step is SMP so we can extender the donor capacity

A little reminder of where I started

Attachments

• Dr Mwamba 1 Before-any-surgery-with-Mwamba.jpg
    Dr Mwamba 1 Before-any-surgery-with-Mwamba.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 550
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 509

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Final result after 1.600 BHT into donor (total count) in 2 surgeries.

Overall extremely happy to be able to were my hair short again and not have obvious signs of surgery to the untrained eye. Next step is SMP so we can extender the donor capacity

A little reminder of where I started

Congrats!

How does your hair look from the front?

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will be doing SMP on the 27th of April in Spain. Just thought I'd update my case to see how things have evolved with the BHT.

There is still some redness, fresh haircut at 0.5mm and 1mm. Before and after repair with Dr Mwamba
Dr Mwamba 1 Before-any-surgery-with-Mwamba.jpg
IMG-2042.jpg

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man your donor area alone makes me want to just go for an FUE, and you can't even see the results in any of these pictures (have you shared the full front?). No one would ever know you had anything done.

What was your estimated donor supply prior to procedure #1?

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They told me 6.000 max (fine hair and low density).

Once we reached 6.000 we overharvested 2.000 and it let it pretty bad, bald spots, mouth eaten appearance and patches

The first thing Dr Mwamba did was to take out another 500 graft to make it look more homogenous, he then transplanted 1.600 grafts into it (1.100 BHT and 500 from Nape).

So this is my donor after taking out around 9.000 grafts.

I'm hoping with SMP we will be able to take out another 800-1.000 grafts to finish the front and crown. Surgery has been booked so fingers crossed

Once it's done I will get SMP to get rid of toppik and upload the final result and summary of all surgeries

Hairstani

My Regimen
Reaction score
Will you start taking/continue taking finasteride? If yes, won't this reduce thickness in your transplanted hair, since finasteride and similar drugs usually make people lose their facial and body hair density?

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello

Finasteride never affected by beard at all

This said, I take topical dutasteride only for the past 18 months or so

jimtmcdaniels

My Regimen
Reaction score
They told me 6.000 max (fine hair and low density).

Once we reached 6.000 we overharvested 2.000 and it let it pretty bad, bald spots, mouth eaten appearance and patches

The first thing Dr Mwamba did was to take out another 500 graft to make it look more homogenous, he then transplanted 1.600 grafts into it (1.100 BHT and 500 from Nape).

So this is my donor after taking out around 9.000 grafts.

I'm hoping with SMP we will be able to take out another 800-1.000 grafts to finish the front and crown. Surgery has been booked so fingers crossed

Once it's done I will get SMP to get rid of toppik and upload the final result and summary of all surgeries
From what some have said and I've read, do your research on what pigments they are going to use to tat your head.... many are cancer causing heavy metals.. Only some companies care and use safe ones! There's no regulating of them!