Dr. Lewenberg's Formula

mayalopecia

Reaction score
Hello Sparker,

There's nothing wrong, per se, about the Lewenberg's formula, except that it's probably not necessary. I believe it is significantly more expensive than what you can get elsewhere. It is Retin-A and minoxidil in solution, which is supposed to aid in absorption of the minoxidil. Some have had success with the additive, others find it cumbersome. Dr. Lee (http://www.minoxidil.com) offers a similar product for less. I find the retinoic acid makes my scalp peel and flake almost immediately, rendering it very difficult to use, as I can't wash my hair every night.

-maya

fallout

Reaction score
I used the Lewenberg formula solely for 7 years. Spent thousands because it was pricey but it worked. started at age 38 and stayed with it thru 45. The spray type application could not have been easier. You avoid the geasiness/stickiness with most minoxidil Used it three times per day. Never had any irritation.

sparker34

Reaction score
hmm...well it was xmas and didn't hear from anyone, so by the suggestion of my hair stylist friend and went out and got nioxin..the starter kit. we'll see

sparker34

Reaction score
oh my god...i just used the nioxin shampoo, cleanser, and the leave in treatment....anywhere my haid touched by shoulders are little red blotches. I feel like the menthol or whatever is in there is burning my skin. ouch!
hope it goes away before new years :)

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Nioxin is another one of those products that is mega expensive for what its providing.

It contains one of the three DHT inhibiting fatty acids. Revivogen contains that one plus 3 other very potent ones. Already its outperformed in that arena by Revivogen.

It contains niacin for growth stimulation, which has not been shown to stimulate growth for longer than temporary (6 months roughly) in majority of people. A proven growth stimulant shown to work for years and years is minoxidil that can be had for $15 a month from Costco.

So I'd say Nioxin isn't all that great, for the cost, once an analysis of the ingredients is done, and this is all about "whats in it" .. in the end.

HairLossTalk.com

G

thanks for the info. I looked into revivogen....but since i saw the nioxin right on the shelf at a store, I thought I'd give it a shot. I have to say that 4 people commented on my hair last night! I couldn't believe it, but they did. So if nothing else, it's a nice thickening shampoo.
So all you pro's out there would say nizerol, revivogen and minoxidil for treatment?

athleticmom

Reaction score
Hey, sorry I have been off this board for a while!

I have been using Dr. Lewenberg's formula for a year now. To be honest, I do not use as much as he recommends, but I aim for 3x per day...morning, afternoon, and before bed.

PRO's: I have grown hair in the front of my hairline, where my bangs start (however, that is not really where I need it although I will take all I can get, you know?). I have also had much less fallout, although there was an increase in shedding initially when I started on it. I like the spray application instead of the dropper type and my scalp has had absolutely no irritation, which I did have with Rogaine (significantly), and Dr. L says that you simply won't grow hair on an irritated scalp. Also, they are pretty good with follow-up. They should be since it is so dang expensive. They email and call me occasionally to see how I am doing. If I ever get to NYC, I can see the Doctor for free and I will.

CON's: The stuff is VERY expensive. Fortunately, money is not one of my problems, but if it were there would be NO WAY I could use it. Also, Dr. L is hard to talk to because he has a strong accent and is a little like a jokester.......anyway, I do better with email contact with THAT dude. I had really hoped for far more results at this point, but again I am not perfect with the application.

Overall, I do prefer it to Rogain and will continue to use it until something better comes my way. I hope this helps!

Lena18

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used the Lewenberg formula solely for 7 years. Spent thousands because it was pricey but it worked. started at age 38 and stayed with it thru 45. The spray type application could not have been easier. You avoid the geasiness/stickiness with most minoxidil Used it three times per day. Never had any irritation.

Lena18

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. I'm wondering if you still use this produ ct because I have been using it but he's discontinued it. I don't know what else to use to get the same results.