Dr. Lees website says new spironolactone now odourless...

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hiya guys, if u check the spironolactone section of his website, it says this.

Im not sure if hes changed the way he makes it or what but when u go to order it, it just looks the same. It says the lotion is odourless?

If any of u have info on this, itwould be much appreciated.

Cheers
guys....

powersam

Reaction score
lotion has been odorless for quite some time now.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
im aware of that mate. lol.

Is this a change recently though with the cream? Last i bought was about a month ago.... I have just never noticed the sign before

powersam

Reaction score
the 5% has been odourless for as long as i can remember.

the 2% is not odourless as far as i know.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So Andrew just raised my hopes up for nothing? I thought he meant the liquid was odorless. :lost:

Jonyboy

Reaction score
Hello guys! I am currently on a treatment with Propecia and Rogaine 5%. But i have thoughts about testing spironolactone, what is your opinion of the effect, has it done anything in order to halt the hairloss for u?

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i went off propecia, its got too many possible sides which are not desirable. gyno is one of the biggest things that bothered me as its permanent.

Jonyboy

Reaction score
But u didnt end up with bitchtits or what? But i agree the most annoying thing for me while im at propecia is this sh*t.. But so far, after almost four months on finasterid i dont have any significant side-effects.

cal

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone got a quick link or something that talks about lotion'd spironolactone vs liquid spironolactone? I didn't even realize that topical spironolactone was being used in more than one form.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
cal said:
Anyone got a quick link or something that talks about lotion'd spironolactone vs liquid spironolactone?

Read the following lengthy excerpt about a clinical trial by Rittmaster, which found that a topical spironolactone cream was apparently more effective than a topical spironolactone solution:

http://www.geocities.com/bryan50001/spironolactone.txt

cal

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

So the lotion is more effective than the liquid, and the lotion is also the form being sold with less odor?
Umm . . . what's not to like about that?

Is the lotion just too messy or something?

I also find the 1% concentrations in the test kinda strange.
Seems like just a few more percent might tell them a lot more.

JWM

Reaction score
The spironolactone cream is ONLY skunky if it comes in contact with minoxidil. If I apply it to my minoxidil-free scalp I forget I even have the stuff on.

minoxidil mornings, spironolactone at night. Problem solved.

evildude

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there any smell of dr.lee's topical spironolactone then? If so, how long before it goes away? I was thinking of using it at night only, as i can't "smell" in my job. Does the smell go away in 7-8 hours(night) or is it still there the next day?

nydheart

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't find there is any smell other than when you are applying it. It dries quickly and no smell.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My spironolactone 5% and 2% liquid came in today....no smell at all. I haven't applied the 2% yet, but I sniffed the dauber and all I could smell was some alcohol-like scent. It might be different if I apply it, but I doubt it. I don't know where those other descriptions of the scent of the liquid come from. I like the way the cream makes my hair look when applied....I even applied it after liquid minoxidil and no scent formed. I have black hair and it left no white residue. Hope this helps.

-rp

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Update: I applied spironolactone liquid today and yes it does stink (like skunk). Luckily I applied it 1 hour prior to shower-time. This will be a part of my regimen. spironolactone liquid only needs about an hour to penetrate, so need to keep it on the whole day anyway.

-rp

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
So Bryan, do you think the liquid is useless? Is there no point in me applying it?

Well, there IS the Italian study with liquid topical spironolactone, which claimed to find a benefit for male pattern baldness...