Dr. Lee's topicals LOL!!!

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I tell ya, I think I am going to throw my towel in at his topicals. Every single xandrox formula......be it 5% or 15%..........that I have received,really aren't that stable afterall ...........as he claims them to be. I for example have this bottle of xandrox 5% that is only 3 weeks old and it has this solidified mass on the inside of the cap. Its kinda whitish looking.......azelaic acid or minoxidil perhaps? I hope he didn't whack off in it :lol: And the 15%..........has always been bad for this, look at the bottom of the bottle with a flash light and you'll see separation. Its fairly stable for the first week or two, but after that, things start to separate. Another thing I have noticed is when you dip your dropper in the xandrox...be it 5% or 15%.....you'll notice white looking flakes floating around in the dropper if you look at it.
Personally I think if you want something like xandrox......your better off getting plain 5% minoxidil and applying it separately from azelaic acid. You can get azelaic acid from joe_561 cheap and he even tells you how to make your own 5% azelaic acid formula. He even recommends that you do not put azelaic acid in your minoxidil, probably due to the same reason that I am experiencing with Lees xandrox. He has info here > http://www.advinfoprod.com/hair_loss_treatment_34.htm
As far as the spironolactone he sells........well for starters, the 5% lotion he sells is kind of a rip off, I mean sure you get some pretty descent stuff, but you can make your own sh*t for much cheaper. Bryan has a recipe for it. And Dr. Lees spironolactone lotion doesn't smell...........bullshit, it will eventually. As for the 2% solution..........does it even work? I mean according to the hirtuism study that Bryan posted a few months ago, the solution version failed, but the cream did good. Makes me wonder if alcohol screws up spironolactone's chemical structure and renders it ineffective, maybe thats why the solution didn't do so hot. And the lotion that they used for the vehicle in the study itself was used as a placebo and it actually made the hirtuism worse!!! If the lotion was used for the vehicle for the spironolactone and that particular spironolactone did well, and the lotion by itself as a placebo made the hirtuism worse.........that tells me that spironolactone in the "right" vehicle will do wonders as a great anti androgen.
Besides.......why does Dr. Lee make the 15% xandrox with azelaic acid only? Why not without azelaic acid? Why does it have to be in a 125ml size and not a 65ml like the others? Why not a 5% spironolactone solution......oh his answer to that is because of the strong odor and the fact that it lacks stability...................well what makes him think that his other formulas are stable,LOL!! Alot of fishy or may I say misunderstood things on that site. And the azelaic acid thing.......what type 5 alpha reductase is it supposed to inhibit anyways.......1 or 2? If its 1.........its useless. But I am not sure if anyone really knows so .........its cheap.....throw it in. Personally, I think alot of his topicals are over priced....period.
I am not exactly dogging him or his topicals but I just don't think that they meet up to what they are supposed to.
Genhairs topicals seem to be pretty reasonable and cheap. I wonder if they will come out with a 5% spironolactone lotion..........cheaper than what Dr Lee sells? I might just email them about that. :)

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Never used Xandrox Dice but have you tried these instructions from Doctor Lee:

Since the Xandrox15 is a highly concentrated solution of minoxidil, there may be
rare occasions when a precipitate will form in the bottle. If and when this happens,
the capped bottle of Xandrox15 should be placed in water that has been heated to
gently simmering temperatures and shaken vigorously. As long as the bottle of Xandrox15
is kept tightly capped, it can be kept in the heated water for prolonged periods,
until all the minoxidil goes back into solution

The Gardener

Reaction score
You need to remember that Xandrox 15 is one of the most fully saturated solutions of minoxidil on the market. Temperature changes and/or exposure to light and TIME can create precipitates. When I asked Dr Lee why the larger producers of minoxidil don't come out with a 15% solution, his response was that the full saturation of Xan 15 is not compatible with the long shipment, storage, and shelf-life tolerances that commercially sold minoxidil is expected to undergo before the point of sale.

In short, keep the sh*t in a cool, dark place until you pop the top and start using it. And, as Dr Lee says in his instructions, keep the top FIRMLY sealed between usages, and avoid ALL contact with potential contaminants. If you are trawling that dropper through a field of copper peptide-sprayed hair, and then dropping it back into the bottle, you are introducing potential contaminants on the outside surface of the dropper back into the Xandrox bottle. This is bad. In short, treat the Xandrox with care.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
Never used Xandrox Dice but have you tried these instructions from Doctor Lee:

Since the Xandrox15 is a highly concentrated solution of minoxidil, there may be
rare occasions when a precipitate will form in the bottle. If and when this happens,
the capped bottle of Xandrox15 should be placed in water that has been heated to
gently simmering temperatures and shaken vigorously. As long as the bottle of Xandrox15
is kept tightly capped, it can be kept in the heated water for prolonged periods,
until all the minoxidil goes back into solution
Thanks Old Baldy. I have to say that I was in a rather bad humor last night. I have been for a while. I can't workout because of an injury, I am financially unstable, I am just plain stressed. So I didn't really mean to blow up in the above post. But yes, I have experienced the precipitate problem quite a few times. Not rarely like he states. The heating does work, but after a while of doing that, it starts to have a rank. I remember the very first bottle that I received did it numerous times. So anyone that does buy his topicals, be warned that this stuff can happen. Other wise his topicals are pretty descent......a bit overpriced though. :)

The Gardener

Reaction score
No sh*t, Dice. With as much money as I've forked over to the good doctor, he should be letting me sleep with his wife.