Dr Lees #768 Minoxidil 6%-Plus

Cassin

Reaction score
I just placed an order for three bottles of Dr Lees #500 and I decided to buy one bottle of this to try it out.

I will let you guys know how it goes. I don't expect any changes of course...just want to see how it dries and how much residue it leaves. Might be a good thing to use once or twice a week.

#768 Minoxidil 6%-Plus

Price: $ 31.50

Quantity and Ingredients: 65 mL. 6% minoxidil (60mg minoxidil / mL) and 0.1% finasteride (1mg finasteride / mL) in a liquid base of 50% ethyl alcohol, 30% propylene glycol, 20% water and a trace of phosphoric acid
Length of Use: 65 mL is a 1-month supply when used twice daily as directed or a 2-month supply when used once a day in combination with other minoxidil or Xandrox formulations.

http://www.minoxidil.com/subpages/products/products.php

longtime

Reaction score
I've been using this for about 2 months, really can't tell a difference between applying this and the 500, feels the same, dries the same, (probably works the same) but i'm giving it a shot along the 15+.

Cassin

Reaction score
longtime said:
I've been using this for about 2 months, really can't tell a difference between applying this and the 500, feels the same, dries the same, (probably works the same) but i'm giving it a shot along the 15+.
That's about what I expected. Thanks for the feedback

longtime

Reaction score
it had been awhile since I used just his 5%, but your probably right it might be a bit thicker. i switched to just once a day 12.5, which is a great product. Since i started losing ground I decided to go back twice a day, was going to do just 5 & 15 but then I saw the 6 and 15+ and figured why not??? I do think i'm going to switch back to 5 and 15 with my next order, pretty sure that topical finasteride is useless and don't see any value in adding an additonal element to my scalp for no apparent reason.

longtime

Reaction score
Hard to say, when I was using the 5% I used the 15% at night, I only switched to the 12.5 when I was trying to maintain with a once a day application.
I lost some ground because I gave up finasteride for about 3 months, but if i had not made that dumb mistake I would have definetly continued with just the once a day 12.5, it is a great fast drying product, but in general I can say yes, I had better results with higher % of minoxidil whether that be 12.5 or 15% and would highly reccomend either.

longtime

Reaction score
the biggest thing for me is becuase i have longer hair, when I apply the other products, the 5% and more noticeably the 15%, if i get any of it on my hair itself, it can be wet and sticky, with the 12.5% it is not.
my typical nightly routine is to apply minoxidil, then brush my teeth and then follow up with spironolactone, i don't really time myself but i'd say about 2 to 3 minutes after applying minoxidil i apply spironolactone and scalp is always slightly damp with 15%, not at all with the 12.5, hope that helps?

Cassin

Reaction score
Jm0311 said:
Cassin - Why did you decide to get on this?

sorry for the late reply.

Answer....while its highly important to stay consistent with treatments I do believe its good to mix things up a bit. Plus I figure a slight increase in hair loss ammo can't hurt.

I just placed another order. I like this stuff altho it does leave a little residue. Its not expensive at all...this order will last me roughly 5 months since I only use 1minoxidil once a day.

Products
Product Quantity Price Sub Total
#500 Minoxidil 5% 1 $16.65 $16.65

#768 Minoxidil 6%-Plus 2 $31.50 $63.00

#13 Dab-O-Matic 4 $0.98 $3.92

Postal Final Cost
Product Total $83.57
Postage Method Priority
Postage $4.90
Final Total $88.47

Item Total 7

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score
I too am a Fan of the 6%+ and regular 5%. I used the 6%+ 2x a day for 6 weeks before finally deciding to take oral finasteride. I know the finasteride absorbs into your system because the morning wood would be hit or miss but not gone while on it. Were as before it was a constant annoyance to piss in the morning having to wait .. I see that as a Pro now =P

I do agree it drys really fast and there is a slit residue but nothing noticeable at all. At least on me I can only see it on the temple areas were it runs down past the hair line and only if I put direct light on it.

Since taking oral finasteride .62mg I've droped the 6%+ to the night application only as I take the oral finasteride in the morning.

I've been using Xandrox 5% in the am with the oral finasteride but Im not so sure its worth it over the regular 5%. I picked up a bottle of it and use it twice. Really good stuff probably the best 5% ive tried and I experimented with a lot as I dont want a shitty cosmetic appearance when I started minoxidil in January.