Dr. Lee vs. Dr. Proctor

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
viperfish said:
Good to hear man! However, you are on finasteride too and alot of the success you have had may be attributable to simply the finasteride. Keep me posted on how proxiphen works out for you!

Yeah you're right - however I only started Proxiphen after 13 months on finasteride where I was maintaining everything but the hairline..

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
I don't know if you've ever tried any of their products..but I, and some others who have posted this, can tell the difference between a "regular" vehicled topical and these liposomal ones.

LOL! Yeah, right. How do they do THAT??

Bryan

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
PartTimeNinja said:
I too have heard quite a bit of negative report on proxiphen so I think it's fair to conclude that, like all male pattern baldness treatments, proxiphen works for some people but not for all.

I think there's another more subtle issue going on here, too: everybody knows that Proxiphen is an expensive and rather exotic treatment, full of mysterious and arcane drugs and chemicals. I think it's only human nature for people to assume (either consciously or subconsciously) that if they use this powerful stuff, it's GOT to make them sprout new hair all over their heads! :wink:

However, even Dr. Proctor has freely admitted that Proxiphen isn't all THAT much better than, say, a combination of Propecia and minoxidil. Despite its reputation for strange and exotic ingredients, one should still maintain reasonable expectations for it. It's something to try if you didn't get much from other more humdrum treatments.

Bryan

viperfish

Reaction score
Bryan,

You are currently using Proxiphen, correct? How have things held up for you?

Axon

Reaction score
Viper,

Even Dr. P would admit that Prophixen is unstable and will give only unpredictable results.

viperfish

Reaction score
Axon said:
Viper,

Even Dr. P would admit that Prophixen is unstable and will give only unpredictable results.

Did he really admit this. I really don't think this stuff is worth $100/month.

Axon

Reaction score
He said on HLH in the expert section, like 3 years ago, that he knows Prophixen N is a little unstable and might not work as well as Minoxidil.

It's up to you really, I'm sure it does something.

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Jacob said:
I don't know if you've ever tried any of their products..but I, and some others who have posted this, can tell the difference between a "regular" vehicled topical and these liposomal ones.

Bryan

No..it's "How DO they do that??". I mean "HOW do they do that??"

It's how they penetrate..Bry. Maybe if you'd just try one once...

viperfish

Reaction score
Jacob said:
Bryan said:
Jacob said:

Bryan

No..it's "How DO they do that??". I mean "HOW do they do that??"

It's how they penetrate..Bry. Maybe if you'd just try one once...

How can you tell if it is penetrating better?

Jacob

Reaction score
Absorbing/absorption might have been a better term to use. It might better if ppl would just try a liposomal product instead of me trying to describe it. The lotion type ones especially...you can smooth some on w/out rubbing it in...later it'll be absorbed.