Dr. Lee vs. Dr. Proctor

viperfish

Reaction score
Hey guys just looking for some help. Recently, I have been using Dr. Lee's spironolactone, minoxidil, and Dr. P's Nano shampoo. However, I'm thinking about making the switch to Dr. Proctor's Proxiphen. Why? Basically because Dr. P's Proxiphen is applied only once per day at night and this just seems easier. Also I'm not really concerned about the money aspect, as Dr. P's products cost alot more money. Anyways, I'm having some difficulty making a choice. Please give me some input. Thanks.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Didn't we already agree that Dr. Lee would pull out a can of whoop *** and do a Jet Li / Bruce Lee maneuver on Proctor -leaving him totally senseless?

Seriously though, we've gotten mixed reviews on all of those treatments. I never used prox - but did use prox-n for almost 1 year w/ no positive results.

I like Nano - but can't claim that to be any miracle either.

I gave up spironolactone after 9 months - no help.

I personally think the combination of ingredients you're already using should be as good if not superior to prox alone.

G

Bugger,

Will stop doing this sh*t... Dr. Lee vs. Dr. Proctor

viperfish

Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
Didn't we already agree that Dr. Lee would pull out a can of whoop *** and do a Jet Li / Bruce Lee maneuver on Proctor -leaving him totally senseless?

Seriously though, we've gotten mixed reviews on all of those treatments. I never used prox - but did use prox-n for almost 1 year w/ no positive results.

I like Nano - but can't claim that to be any miracle either.

I gave up spironolactone after 9 months - no help.

I personally think the combination of ingredients you're already using should be as good if not superior to prox alone.

That is my problem. I've been on this board and many others and I have never really heard anyone say that they have had much success with Dr. P's products. I really don't think the spironolactone, minoxidil, and nizoral would be superior to Proxiphen. Proxiphen does contain minoxidil, spironolactone, cu peptides, and a list of other things. You are right that the reviews are mixed with more, I would say, going towards the negative side of the spectrum.

Jacob

Reaction score
This one says to use just in the evenings as well. http://www.lipoxidil.com/site/mgf.php

I'm not interested in that one or any of the others mentioned here..never used them either. Just posting it for the info. And since you're not worried about the cost :shock:

viperfish

Reaction score
Jacob,

Thanks for the info. I know about MGF, but concerned about the flutimide. If it were to get in your blood stream............ lets just say there would be major problems. I don't think I would ever applied flutimide to the scalp for fear of systematic absorption. I really don't trust lipoxidil that much either. I know they have pulled some pretty bad things in the past, at least in regard to more than a "few" posters.

Jacob

Reaction score
Viperfish..I'm not sure what you're referring to..what they "pulled". The ones I've seen post their "major" problems have either had them resolved or shown to be full of it. Now their customer service stinks..I've said that more than once. But their products are legit..there's just nothing they have at the moment I'm interested in using..except for Inflamil.

viperfish

Reaction score
Jacob said:
Viperfish..I'm not sure what you're referring to..what they "pulled". The ones I've seen post their "major" problems have either had them resolved or shown to be full of it. Now their customer service stinks..I've said that more than once. But their products are legit..there's just nothing they have at the moment I'm interested in using..except for Inflamil.

Yes, their customer service is horrible. I suppose their products are legit, but how do you really know?? Have you ever tested any of their products to make sure?

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Fellas - haven't been around for a while and there's a good reason for that - my hair is doing very well.

I have been using proxiphen on my hairline & Nano shampoo for 5 months now and finasteride for a year and a half.

Proxiphen seems to be working well for me. Within the last couple of months I have seen a bit of regrowth on the hairline and quite a bit of vellus hairs turning terminal. I'm still on my second vial of proxiphen ($100 a pop) and my first bottle of Nano shampoo. To me, it seems that 2 vials of proxiphen and a bottle of Nano will last me 6 month.

I too have heard quite a bit of negative report on proxiphen so I think it's fair to conclude that, like all male pattern baldness treatments, proxiphen works for some people but not for all.

Jacob

Reaction score
viperfish said:
Yes, their customer service is horrible. I suppose their products are legit, but how do you really know?? Have you ever tested any of their products to make sure?

Well..there have been a few who were going to go out and prove that the stuff was NOT legit. One was so sure of himself he was going to have a lab analyze the products..and he was going to post that info for all to see. The crickets have been chirping ever since.

Then you have those who think the stuff is too expensive. Another side says they can't be legit because they're too cheap.

I don't know if you've ever tried any of their products..but I, and some others who have posted this, can tell the difference between a "regular" vehicled topical and these liposomal ones.

And for what it's worth..there was someone who posted about looking at one of the products under a high powered microscope. He said he could see the lil "balls"..the liposomes.

I guess one could also ask..how do we know Dr P's products are legit? :wink: Or the many other ones out there.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Yes Jacob, sometimes it comes down to just plain "trust". Trust bolstered by doing your own research though!!!

viperfish

Reaction score
PartTimeNinja said:
Hey Fellas - haven't been around for a while and there's a good reason for that - my hair is doing very well.

I have been using proxiphen on my hairline & Nano shampoo for 5 months now and finasteride for a year and a half.

Proxiphen seems to be working well for me. Within the last couple of months I have seen a bit of regrowth on the hairline and quite a bit of vellus hairs turning terminal. I'm still on my second vial of proxiphen ($100 a pop) and my first bottle of Nano shampoo. To me, it seems that 2 vials of proxiphen and a bottle of Nano will last me 6 month.

I too have heard quite a bit of negative report on proxiphen so I think it's fair to conclude that, like all male pattern baldness treatments, proxiphen works for some people but not for all.

Good to hear man! However, you are on finasteride too and alot of the success you have had may be attributable to simply the finasteride. Keep me posted on how proxiphen works out for you!

viperfish

Reaction score
Jacob said:
viperfish said:

Well..there have been a few who were going to go out and prove that the stuff was NOT legit. One was so sure of himself he was going to have a lab analyze the products..and he was going to post that info for all to see. The crickets have been chirping ever since.

Then you have those who think the stuff is too expensive. Another side says they can't be legit because they're too cheap.

I don't know if you've ever tried any of their products..but I, and some others who have posted this, can tell the difference between a "regular" vehicled topical and these liposomal ones.

And for what it's worth..there was someone who posted about looking at one of the products under a high powered microscope. He said he could see the lil "balls"..the liposomes.

I guess one could also ask..how do we know Dr P's products are legit? :wink: Or the many other ones out there.

I was not really referring to the liposomes, but whether the products actually contain the active ingredients they say like spironolactone or flutimide, etc. Jacob, where are the guys from who make these products? Is it Germany?

Jacob

Reaction score
It sounded like Germany before..now they've moved the UK. USA "office" is in New York I guess.

G

i've been using prox-n for 6 months, no results (further thinning of receeding areas; current status Norwood 2.5-3). 15 days ago i started with dr lee's 5% spironolactone lotion(1xa day) and 2% minoxidil(1xa day), retaining also prox-n 1 x a day. all topicals are applied to a hairline only.
i'll see in a few months what's going to happen.