Dr Koray in Istanbul

CCS

Reaction score
Very inexpensive doctor. Like $1 for FUE, and $1.50 for BHT. I translated one of his pages with google. It seems he uses a 1 mm needle for extraction. Dr Umar uses a 25g needle, which is 1/2 mm. That is 1/4 the size for the scar. Dr Umar charges $4-5 per graft. For BHT.

I'd like to get more translations and better translations, but for now I guess I'd have to pay up and go to Umar since he'd leave smaller scars.

I'll do more searches on Koray.

CCS

Reaction score
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... 2E%20Koray

OK, that guy had 5200 total FUE in two sessions. The Doctor has multiple sized punches. 1mm for 2-4 hairs, but 0.7 and 0.8 for most scalp FUE. That is what he used on that guy.

Dr Umar's 0.5mm was for body hair. So maybe Dr Koray uses 0.5mm too. The straighter your hair is, the smaller the punch that can be used I'm sure. Also body hair is less deep than scalp hair.

I'm bother that only two guys went to him, but both have good stuff to say. Technique looks good too. Pics look good. He has informative videos, but they are not in English.

He pics you up from the airport when you arrive. Very tempting.
I think I'll skip the scalp FUE, and just do temple hair rotation, and BHT dense packing one visit at a time, starting with temples.

CCS

Reaction score
Devender,

You know anything about Dr Koray? Would I be taking a big risk to assume he is nearly as good as Umar or Dr A?

setokun

Reaction score
just a few days ago, you were talking about great Dr. Arwind was and his clinic in India, now all of all sudden you've switched to this Dr in Instanbul. What's wrong with Dr A that you've mentioned earlier..?

CCS

Reaction score
I still think Dr A is great. Just curious if the half priced Doctor in Istanbul is good too. I'll go to the better doctor, but if they are about the same, why not get the lower price so I can get my hair transplant sooner? I'll be researching for a while. Not like I have any money now.

I'm not even sure if his name is Koray.

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
It's very early to look for transplants, but......

CCS here's the link with Dr.Koray, but there is nowhere talking about BHT.

http://www.asmed.com.tr/en/home/

ali777

Reaction score
neis said:
http://www.asmed.com.tr/en/home/

WTF??? They do DNA screening??? It's the first time I heard about DNA testing for baldness...

Maybe they should start screening the kids, and castrate the ones with the male pattern baldness gene... Of course I'm not serious, but if some of the posts in this forum are to go with a few people would probably think it's a good idea...

CCS

Reaction score
Dr Keene is leaving hair transplant and going into DNA screening. It is so guys can know if they need to get on propecia or not. If they don't have the gene, no need to get on it. If they do, then they know to get on it early. I did not know it was on the market already. I just knew someone was trying to get on the market a year ago.

theanimator

Reaction score
ali777 said:
WTF??? They do DNA screening??? It's the first time I heard about DNA testing for baldness...

Maybe they should start screening the kids, and castrate the ones with the male pattern baldness gene... Of course I'm not serious, but if some of the posts in this forum are to go with a few people would probably think it's a good idea...

I guess you didn't see my post from last year: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=47388&p=451619&hilit=Keene#p451619

Looks like everyone thought it was spam

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
No, there was a post below yours from a sneaker spammer. I removed the "spam" posts just now, your thread is fine theanimator. No worries.

khali

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on this doctor from Asmed. His FUE rates are 2 euros a graft, and his strip procedure seems to be under $1 a graft.

khali

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok I finally got a reply from Asmed. I'm going to paraphrase the reply.

Thank you for your interest to our clinic.. Dr. Koray he does not performe FUT operations only FUE.
The price is 2,5 euro per graft by FUE
You should start Finasteride one month before the operation to prevent shock loss possibility and you sould continue using Finasteride at least for 6 months

So the rate inflated from 2 Euros to 2.5 ?
Also is FUT restricted for foreigners ? Cause there are clients who have done FUT with this doctor. They have shown some awesome results.
Also it looks like propecia play a big role too.

*Which technique should I choose? FUT or FUE?

This is one of the most frequently asked questions. The answer depends on the size of the hairless area, elasticity and the hair density of the donor area, and the estimation of the future frontline regression.

Both methods could be used in turn, in order to force the capacity of the donor area and to extract more grafts. Briefly, if you are not afraid to have a surgical operation and you are not planning to shave your hair in the future, FUT is the optimal choice for you, since it takes less time and it is more economical. But if you are reluctant to have surgery, or there is a possibility of further hair loss and your donor area might be reaching its limits, FUE technique can be a better choice. My personal advice on this matter is that you should make your decision after consulting your physician.

http://www.asmed.com.tr/en/treatmentopt ... reatments/

On the link it gives you an option between FUE and FUT, but the clinic restricted me to FUE. :shakehead: