dr john p. cole

jas000

Reaction score
does anyone know this guy, i had a consultation with him last week, thinking about getting a hair transplant in the hairline, he seemed to be very confident in doing this, ive read some good and bad things , anyone had any firsthand experience or any reviews on this Doctor.??

haggis

Reaction score
warnietheoldpro said:
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry.php?id=9087&page=0&category=2&order=last_answer&descasc=DESC

Interesting but whats that got to do with his hair transplant work ?

Reaction score
Actually has very little to do with HIS hair transplant work but if he's turning over his techs I'd want HIM doing all the work.

Reaction score
I see one of coles employees on the forums - Jessica - she's been around for ages, maybe you can ask to have her on your case also.

jas000

Reaction score
thanks for the input, but im still confused,i want to know how his work is, is he good at what he does, i dont care if people like him or not, can anyone tell me if he is a skilled Doctor in what he does? or does he suck? when people say his name does he have respect in the hair transplant world?

haggis

Reaction score
hi jas , dr cole has his own message board with lots of pictures etc forhair.com

hairtech

Established Member
Reaction score
Lucky_UK said:
That Thomas Oritz or Hairtch is annoying a lot of other hair transplant clinics with his remarks, he is obsessed with hair transplant and I don't blame Dr Cole for sueing his *** , I certainly wouldn't want some jumped up ex employee telling people about my trade secrets and what goes on behind my closed doors, i'd rather have his knee caps blown off than sue him though.

although comments have been made that Hairtech is a crack head so theres a lot of bitchin goin on.

Personally I think Dr Cole is an OK hair transplant Doctor, his punch sizes may be questionable.

Before you go and talk about a fella, why don't you research what his posts are all about, and see why I am "obsessed" with hair transplant. I spend quite a lot of time educating potential hair transplant patients by starting threads about hairline design, FUE methods, holding solutions, and even hair trivia.

The crack head reference is one of my former employer's crony tactics to disparage me. I don't think Dr. Cole would have hired me for over five years as a crack head. Your comments about you wanting to blow my knee caps sounds a bit violent and sounds like something a crack head would say.

As far as anyone stealing any technology... that is ludicrous and if you followed any one of my intra-operative picture filled threads on one of the other hair forums you indeed see that I am a proponent of Dr. Harris's blunt punch as well as small punch technologies.

Just to get verification as to who I am before judging me why don't you tune into "The Bald Truth" syndicated radio show this Sunday and listen to me speak about hairloss.

I can take criticism but your comments are way off base. If you ever feel the need to blow my kneecaps off, PM or email me and I will give my Denver address so you can come right over to my house.

Hairtech
Thomas Ortiz

hairtech

Established Member
Reaction score
My job does not depend on my postings BTW. I am not paid to post. I have never been paid to post. I do believe in my doctors procedure. I promote it out me believing in it. And yes you did accuse me of stealing John Cole's technology. You said that you would blow an employee's knee caps off if they stole your technology. John Cole's technology is something that I put in my past. It is old. Here is your quote...

"I don't blame Dr Cole for sueing his *** , I certainly wouldn't want some jumped up ex employee telling people about my trade secrets and what goes on behind my closed doors, i'd rather have his knee caps blown off than sue him though."

I was banned from Farrel's site for speaking about John Cole. And I really don't want to post somewhere that is not "real" where people can't say the truth.

I was banned from Hair transplant network because Pat Hennesey is a gestapo guy. He literally changed my postings to reflect something I never said. You know what? I don't want to post somewhere that censors and changes my posts.

Hairlosstalk, hairsite, and hairlossadvances does not regulate peoples posts... so I post at those sites.

I have had to defend myself many times including having to defend myself in regards to my ex-girfriend, girltech Jessica or whoever she posts as.

The bottom line in this.

I happened to come across a thread where an a*s*s*h*o*l*e(you) tries to stealth punk me out. I really don't care because I genuinely am trying to educate to public... by any means even if it is controversial.

You stated things about me that were "here say" at best which means you did not do your research.

If you want to continue to tangle then I can go all day. If you really care about helping hairloss patients like I do then you will at least help me... or I can help you because that is how I roll man.

If you were minding your own business and someone said... hey that dude is a crackhead... you too would be like, "what?"

My point is this... let's move on and not butt heads. :shock:

hairtech

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Falcaros... You are paid by Pat Hennesey now so you are corrupted... I actually liked you until you said this crap. You are biased towards Pat. That's cool. But you killed your credibility. Here is the email I sent pat...

Dear Pat,

You really think that I came onto your site to talk about me. If anyone reads from the beginning of my very first post on that thread that was started for the benefit of the patient and not for anyone I work for, they will see that I was trying to help. And you edited my posts to make me look bad. I have the originals. I looked at them and you are seriously being unprofessional and just plain wrong. My colleague begged me to get away from your site. Many people told me about you but I wanted to be fair. Now I have to explain to Dr. Harris that you changed my posts and here is the proof. This is so ridiculous and I feel very dis-respected.

I am taking myself from your forum regardless of what you do from this day forward. You are not an honest person. You edited my posts, cut them out. Why lie man? And don't reply because I have blocked email from you also. I re-read every post and had others also read and they also said that the gang up was not fair at all. You allowed the thread to continue its course while not correcting the situation. I have worked entirely too hard and I care more about helping hair loss victims than to try any longer defending myself.

You were right. The time was wasted... wasted trying to be accepted so we could move on to the important things. Hairbank, Falc., and B Spot new that. Why would you do that when nothing was wrong? I even said... “Thank you for letting me finally fit in because I was getting hammered on your competitor’s site.†And no one says anything to Aquarius about his strange statements and threats directed to me several times over.

Lastly, I DO NOT LIE. I DO NOT HAVE AGENDAS. I think DR. Harris can vouch for that.

YOU CUT THE WORDS THAT SAID THE NUMBERS I quoted from my thread ultimately ARE FOR YOUR SITES BENEFIT.

Did you not read this thread that clearly one can see there was finally someone hear to start providing pictures?

Maybe you made a mistake and you did not realize we were doing fine based on what was going on on a different thread. B Spot lit up like a Christmas tree when he found out that I am a full time employee with Harris now and that was the reason I held out my signature. You banned me after he agreed to provide pictures. Here are the originals from oh yesterday or so. If you did not realize this different thread dated after the one where I was edited and I was banned, then can we re-edit the thread to go back and start over? It just dawned on me that you may have not known. I understand this could have been an error so I won’t take myself off if this was an honest mistake. What do you think? Honestly, what do you think Pat? I have not said anything to Dr. Harris and won't unless I really have to. It makes sense now what happened if you agree.

Hair Transplant Network Hair Restoration Research Forum Open Hair Loss Topics Post hairtech_
Veteran Real Hair Club Member
Posted May 20, 2007 10:37 AM
Hide Post

quote:
In my experience, it is only those with a hidden agenda who refuse to list their employed clinic.

In my experience, not everyone that refuses to list their employed clinic have hidden agendas and one who waits for more information, is better off so no one is wrongfully accused of the hidden agenda.

Just joshing but in jest of course.

Now on to the thread topic. What do you think about natural dht inhibitors, antioxidants, and other compounds that help healing? Does anyone have an opinion?
Posts: 61 | Location: GA, FL, CO, NC, TN, NY, OH, Belgium, Spain, | Registered: April 24, 2007

Ignored post by hairtech_ posted May 20, 2007 10:37 AM
Show Post

the B spot
Follicular Salvation Club Member

Posted May 20, 2007 11:25 AM
Hide Post

Hairtech-- I have been trying to get Dr. Harris to share his patient photos with us for some time now.

I have often recommended him due to some very high praise from people I trust.

I want to see some donor pics, would like to know the size of the instrumentation he uses, session sizes he can do in a single sitting, etc.... I know he uses a two handed approach, so I want to see some results, as do many others.

If Dr. Harris wants to promote fue and his technique he has the PERFECT vehicle RIGHT HERE on this forum.

Could you PLEASE pass on my message to him?

I know Pat is very busy, so if he has pics he would like to post, information to share, myself or Falc would be more than willing to put them up.
(sorry Falc, but your roped into this as well!)

I really feel that Dr. Harris is on to something, but without his cooperation online, others have made a name for themselves doing average work at best.

Take Care,
J

3100 grafts=6335 hairs 10/7/05
3621 grafts=7571 hairs 1/3/07
Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro
6721 total grafts
13,906 hairs
Posts: 1276 | Location: chicago | Registered: February 18, 2004

Ignored post by the B spot posted May 20, 2007 11:25 AM
Show Post

hairtech_
Posted May 20, 2007 12:00 PM
Hide Post

B-spot,

I completely agree with you. Yes, a colleague of mine also was asking the same questions. Dr. Harris said he would be happy to provide pictures and we discussed this last Friday. I will send him this link for you so that he can see what folks are asking.

As for the instrumentation... Concerning FUE. He uses between 0.8mm and 1.0mm sharp punch to score the surface, then he follows that with his "dull" punch. The key is that he only wants to score through the dermis. The dull punch protects the bulbs upon pushing into the adipose. Hence, the safe approach. After the graft is punched, a tech immediately extracts the graft, places it in Plasmalyte A holding solution, and finally a microscope tech. checks the graft for its viability/transection counts/etc. At the moment... and this will change in the short future, he can perform around 1000 per day. If it calls for 3000 grafts, then he spans it across multiple days. Pretty much standard practice. Again this will change in the near future.

"I really feel that Dr. Harris is on to something, but without his cooperation online, others have made a name for themselves doing average work at best."

It is not that he is purposely uncooperative. He says he just doesn't like getting caught up with forum drama... you know... like we do. Not that he does not care... it is not his forte. He is busy with FUE research, writing the second edition of his book on hair transplant (which involves defining FUE across the board) and is involved in a new technology that is entering a second phase of trials. He also has a family that he goes home to and puts work down.

The thing is, he did not ask that I post for him. He said if I wanted to, that would be great. So of course I am happy to post things about our surgeries and will begin to provide you Bspot/falc/mrb/ etc pictures ASAP.
Posts: 61 | Location: GA, FL, CO, NC, TN, NY, OH, Belgium, Spain, | Registered: April 24, 2007

Ignored post by hairtech_ posted May 20, 2007 12:00 PM
Show Post

falceros
"The Artist Formely Known as Falceros"

I Have no life Hair Club Member

Celestial Follicle Club Member

Posted May 20, 2007 07:31 PM
Hide Post

B Spot,

I don't mind helping if I'm needed bro. I personally would like to see some patient photos from Dr. Harris as well, so let me know if/how I can be of help.

Cheers guys!

Falc

3rd hair transplant with Dr. Hasson, CN - 3701 grafts

2nd hair transplant with Dr. True, NY - 2249 grafts

1st hair transplant with Dr. Katz, PA - 1600 grafts
7550 grafts total

--------------------

I am not a doctor and all opinions I share are my own. I am not compensated by any doctor to be here and am here out of my own free will to offer helps, knowledge, and wisdom to anyone who requests it.

Ignored post by falceros posted May 20, 2007 07:31 PM
Show Post

hairtech_
Posted May 21, 2007 08:29 PM
Hide Post

B Spot and Falc,

And I quote,

"Hi Thomas:

I hope you guys made it back OK. Thanks for the picture. It sounds like you’re back to work already. When you get here I’ll get you access to photos. I also want you to know that if anyone of the people that you regularly post with wants to ask me a question all they have to do is E-mail me (jharris@hsccolorado.com) . I would be more than happy to answer any questions that they have..."

Whaq do you need from me?

Ignored post by hairtech_ posted May 21, 2007 08:29 PM
Show Post

Bushy
Guru Real Hair Club Member

Posted May 22, 2007 05:04 AM
Hide Post

Hairtech, it is entirely misleading to sign your name "Thomas Ortiz, BS," unless you mean Bull S---. Bachelor of Science is not a degree of distinction used as part of one's signature. I also think that putting "James Harris, MD" in your signature is kind of strange. (Notice you didn't write "hair technologist to Dr. Harris." Would that sound too subservient and secondary in nature?)

And WTF is a "hair technologist?" I just Googled the term and, wouldn't you know it -- the first 2 (of 29) total hits were your own self-promoting topics! The rest were hair stylists who, like you, made up that term to sound sophisticated. Reminds me of Jackie Mason's line about a truck drivers calling himself a "controller in the trucking industry."

Falceros, B-spot and others are highly regarded in this community. Please don't come on here and arrogantly belittle them or others. You are doing Dr. Harris no favor. Since Pat has looser posting rules here than they have at some other sites, he may not ban you as you have been from another major site. But, please, behave yourself.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

technolm.jpg (85 Kb, 47 downloads) tech

Ignored post by Bushy posted May 22, 2007 05:04 AM
Show Post

Previous Topic | Next Topic
powered by eve community
Page 1 2

Please Wait. Your request is being processed...

[x]

Site The Hair Restoration Research Forum
Servlet eve2da019
Version 1.2.19 build 8845
Module Forums 4.0.3
Stylesheet "Groupee Email Style"
Wordlet Set "Default Wordlet Set"
Logout: The Hair Restoration Research Forum
Update Groupee Account

Hair Transplant Network Hair Restoration Research Forum Open Hair Loss Topics Post Operative Care Products

Contact Us | Hair Transplant Network | Terms of Service
Copyright Media Visions 2001.

View $GS_USERNAME's Public Profile

Add $GS_USERNAME to my Buddies

Add $GS_USERNAME to my Ignore List

Invite $GS_USERNAME to a Private Topic

View Recent Posts by $GS_USERNAME

Notify me of New Posts by $GS_USERNAME

Rate Topic

Quick Reply to: Post Operative Care Products

Close | Use Full Posting Form | Quick Quote

hairtech_
Posted May 09, 2007 11:23 AM
Does anyone have any hard data of the post-op shampoos, sprays, gels, etc.? I mean in terms of comparing them, the different healing times that the products are providing? Any issues. Any product that stands out?

falceros

Posted May 09, 2007 07:58 PM Hide Post

hairtech_

I do not, however...

I don't think anyone really can...simply because you have to take into consideration a few other variables:

The variables of individual physiology:

1. How quick does a particular person heal?
2. Is the patient a bleeder?
3. Skin color? (may impact appearance or lack thereof of redness/pinkness)

The variables of the chosen physician/clinic

1. Tools used (tools to remove donor area, tools to make recipient incisions - custom blades - what size? needles?)
2. Techniques used (Strip/FUE?)

The variables of the surgery...

1. Graft/hair count?
2. Length/width of strip taken

THEN finally, one can consider the products...

All that to say...

I personally don't believe that healing time is expedited MUCH by any of these products, even though many like to believe that it is.

Personally, I like Aloe because it helps soothe the area and is good for dry and/or irritated skin. But I have no empirical data that it's better than other products out there.

Falc

7550 grafts total

--------------------

I am not a doctor and all opinions I share are my own. I am not compensated by any doctor to be here and am here out of my own free will to offer helps, knowledge, and wisdom to anyone who requests it.

Ignored post by falceros posted May 09, 2007 07:58 PM
Show Post

hairtech_
Posted May 09, 2007 10:13 PM Hide Post

I disagree with you emphatically. Seriously, if you really think about the healing of the recipient areas in a general sence. One could hypothesis a way to... oh... let's see... ah yes, "feeding" the grafts a small dose of electrolytes especially glucose to to "hold" them over until circulation is re-established which occurs in days. And hey maybe an anti-oxidant or two, to attempt to protect vulnerable grafts from free=radical damage. How about natural enzymes? Yes, this might decrease bacterial growth from excessive scabbing or trapped bacteria. Enzymes could help to slowly digest the scabs. And since one could hypothesis that this mixture needs to be delivered in a water based or saline based solution, then that would help keep the grafts hydrated. Aloe could be added also. I like aloe too falsc.

Now if one considers a post-op spray that has a few if not all of these indredients, then that person might deduce the following potential outcomes: If a chemist can properly compound such a formula in a safe spray form... If used properly by the patient meaning frequency from the time they either step into or out of the hair transplant clinic... Then I would have to say that there WILL be a greater chance, in a general pool of hair transplant patients, that healing times may decrease. And decrease significantly enough to raise an eyebrow or two. And with that decrease might very well keep a few of them from shedding first.

Consider "healing" of an individual as a relative variable to that individual's normal length of healing time. Then that statement alone cuts most of your variables mentioned out of the healing factor.

What in general do we know about the length of time it takes for a typical patient's grafts to fully heal with a minimal post-op protocol. 10 to 14 days on average comes to mind. And during this time period, the graft first has to wait several hours while a fibrin clot forms and anchors the graft so that angiogenesis can initiate capillary re-growth to the graft which by that time is already starved, ischemic, dehydrated, exposed to oxidative stress, UV, and free-radicals.

I agree with you that there are a few companies that claim certain outcomes. And this is why I wanted to kick up a discussion about post operative solutions and data from first hand experiences. It is an important topic and I hope others respond to this. Aloe... yeah it is good also.

Ignored post by hairtech_ posted May 09, 2007 10:13 PM
Show Post

hairtech_
Posted May 17, 2007 05:29 AM Hide Post

I am surprized that no one has much feed back on this topic.

Ignored post by hairtech_ posted May 17, 2007 05:29 AM
Show Post

folica
Guru Real Hair Club Member
Posted May 17, 2007 06:21 AM Hide Post

Personally, I think once the transplanted follicles are firmly seated in about 3 days average, they dont need to be "Fertilized".

folica

5/3/07~ 2660 FUT with Dr. Scott Alexander.
1 hair units = 706
2 hair units = 1802
3 & 4 hair units = 152

Ignored post by folica posted May 17, 2007 06:21 AM
Show Post

Mrjb
"Bringing objective,quality hair restoration information to your door"

Posted May 17, 2007 10:18 AM Hide Post

Hi

I have spoken with a couple docs and experimented with these products during my 3 hair transplant's.. Many say there is little benefit to these products

I think all of these Graftcyte sprays and post op products don't work.. I can tell you most recentlyI used Aloe vera shampoo (50%) I got from a health food store and this seems to have worked better than anything..

The key point is to keep your donor and recepiant area's clean.. Yes, you can use speicalized products for this but trust me from personal experience.. There was no difference for me except my wallet got smaller

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True
1476 FUT - Dr. True
2124 FUT - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research, and objective observations

Total - 5017 FU's uncut!

Ignored post by Mrjb posted May 17, 2007 10:18 AM
Show Post

the B spot

Posted May 17, 2007 10:23 AM Hide Post

I found my post-operative situation using Graftcyte was markedly better than using the diluted solution I received in session 1.

The combination of shampoo, conditioner, cold compress, and concentrated spray reduced post-op redness and in general promoted over-all healing in the donor and recipient areas.

Both of my sessions were larger and relatively similar in size, so I have a pretty fair comparision model to use, especially since the same Dr. and staff worked on me both times.

Take Care,
J

3100 grafts=6335 hairs 10/7/05
3621 grafts=7571 hairs 1/3/07
Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro
6721 total grafts
13,906 hairs
Posts: 1276 | Location: chicago | Registered: February 18, 2004

Ignored post by the B spot posted May 17, 2007 10:23 AM
Show Post

falceros

Posted May 17, 2007 01:07 PM Hide Post

hairtech_

You seem to disagree often without thought.

If you read my message again, I can't see how you can POSSIBLY think about the healing of the recipient area in a general sense when you are referring to HARD data.

Additionally, you OFTEN discount personal physiology as an important factor in determining healing times, surgical risks, etc.

The ONLY way to elimate some of the above variables is to compare apples to apples which means:

I can only compare my OWN surgeries IF I went to the same doctor (assuming they still use the same tools/techniques) and received a SIMILAR number of grafts.
quote:

Consider "healing" of an individual as a relative variable to that individual's normal length of healing time.

And how do you propose we deal with the variable of comparing one individual's physiology to anothers? And the "normal length of healing time" needs to be discussed in relation to the wound that needs to be healed. A skin abrasion is going to heal much faster than a deep wound that needs sutures, etc.

try to remember that you asked for HARD DATA...NOT OPINIONS. If you asked for opinions, my answer would have been different.

If you asked for opinions, I could give you a list of products that I feel that CAN be helpful.

Aloe
Graftcyte
Vitamin E
Emu Oil

In my experience, I've used Aloe and Vitamin E. I personally liked Aloe better because of the soothing effect. I believe it did help with itchiness and post operative redness a bit.

But...none of these products are necessary in order for things to heal properly...that was my point. They might help speed things up...but without considering the above variables, one cannot provide hard data. Hard data suggests researched studies.

Falc

7550 grafts total

--------------------

Ignored post by falceros posted May 17, 2007 01:07 PM
Show Post

Mrjb

Posted May 18, 2007 01:09 AM Hide Post

Hi B spot

For an accuarate comparison you would haved to use the same post op care products not cotaining the active ingredients..

I agree wholeheartedly, post op care is essential especially the cold compresses.
HOWEVER, this can be done with traditional brands and items as opposed to the 200 dollar products sold..

I think it was your excellent post op care that resulted in your recovery, not the specific products

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True
1476 FUT - Dr. True
2124 FUT - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research, and objective observations

Total - 5017 FU's uncut!

Ignored post by Mrjb posted May 18, 2007 01:09 AM
Show Post

hairtech_
Posted May 18, 2007 05:33 AM Hide Post

hairtech_

You seem to disagree often without thought.

Falc. Not without thought. It took you two weeks to reply and that tells me much about what sorts of thought processes you have. You are missing my point everytime. I am not being arrogant in in that your reply (in my opinion)was definitely without "thought" on the initial reply to the beginning of this thread. Doctors send patients home with post-op care products for reasons that they believe in. Remember... they are doctors, and maybe their medical knowledge of human physiology makes them what they are... doctors. Maybe aloe, isn't enough. Anyway...

Since everyone gave their opinion I want to give some input that other clinics do and see what you guys think.

Jon Devroye in Belgium has an intersting post op care practice. He makes the patient spray the grafted area every 20 minutes for 24 hours. No matter how tired the patient gets, he/she must continue to spray. And Devroye only uses saline. I think it is to keep the grafts hydrated.

Bosley... kind of scary here, but it is what they do. They ask that the patient not was the head for three days. And after that they can use head and shoulders or one of their own follicle sprays. The point is, they want the head to be dry post op period.

PAI uses graftcyte but in an interesting way. After the surgery and right before they leave, they spray graftcyte onto the recipient area, and then use a cool hair dryer which freezes or fixes the graftcye like hairspray. The grafts are kind of glued in, if you will.

Cole uses Haircycle, which is a biotin based spray similar to graftcyte but only in the way it is packaged. It was created by Truett Bridges, MD. The recipient area is sprayed once per hour for multiple days.

Cooley uses graftcyte.

Rose uses Saline.

Harris brings the patient back for an initial wash but does not use post op products.

MHR uses folligen spray. I think that is a proprietary formulation. I believe they also dont want to wash the head for a day or two.

I have not seen the graftcyte compress in a couple of years.

"The combination of shampoo, conditioner, cold compress, and concentrated spray reduced post-op redness and in general promoted over-all healing in the donor and recipient areas"

B-spot,

You bring up an interesting point and I have also seen similar results with haircycle concerning post-op redness, etc.

I wish we could get hard data or start a thread and bring patients reviews of products used. We cannot say that nothing works until we get more feedback. What are your thoughts?

Ignored post by hairtech_ posted May 18, 2007 05:33 AM
Show Post

TheHairLossCure
Posted May 18, 2007 06:20 AM Hide Post

Having worked for many doctors, many of whom are recommended by this community (Rose, Deyroye, Cooley), it would seem you have a somewhat interesting perspective on post-op care. Have you discussed the rational for the various approaches with any of the doctors that employ them? Do you find that adherence to one approach over the other seems to be based on personal experience, independent studies, suitability based on the sort of procedure being done, etc?

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Ignored post by TheHairLossCure posted May 18, 2007 06:20 AM
Show Post

hairtech_
Posted May 18, 2007 06:38 AM Hide Post

Thank you for your comment and quetion. Devroyes rationale is that hydration is important. Coles, as well as Mwamba's rationale is also hydration and that is based primarily derived from the fact that that clinic before haircycle used saline spray every hour post op. The brainchild inventor of Haircycle... Truett Bridges, MD however performed research into what natural products would provide certain results around issues, i.e. "redness", scab reduction, protection of grafts from oxidation, etc.

PAI uses the graftcyte to "fix" the grafts so they won't move post op.

I have to go now. We have a large case of 4000 by FUT and I won't be able to post until late.

Ignored post by hairtech_ posted May 18, 2007 06:38 AM
Show Post

falceros

Posted May 18, 2007 11:00 AM Hide Post

hairtech_

It's quite presumptious of you to know my thought processes. Once again, you draw the wrong conclusion. The two weeks it took me to reply was because I've been very busy helping patients in other threads...I don't have nearly as much time to debate pointless rhetoric with you. Your arrogance is astounding...and oh...just because you start your statement with "I am not being arrogant", doesn't mean you aren't.

My initial reply to yours was very well thought out. The fact that you used the words "hard data" shows that you don't really even know what you were asking. Do you even know what hard data is? Are you a researcher? I'm not, but I understand scientific principles that state one must draw conclusions based on real findings in a controlled environment.
quote:

Doctors send patients home with post-op care products for reasons that they believe in. Remember... they are doctors, and maybe their medical knowledge of human physiology makes them what they are... doctors.

I do not dispute that...but belief in a product isn't the same as empirical evidence. Besides, how do you account for the difference in "beliefs" of various doctors? Some belief in a "wet" healing, while others believe in a "dry" healing. I've chosen 3 different doctors, all of which, recommended different products (or no products).

You asked patients for empiriacle evidence (hard data), when you should be asking that question to doctors. Perhaps any doctors who are also researchers could give you what you are looking for. Certainly, you don't know, which is why you are asking the question.

Ok...so enough of this...let me say this. If I've missed the initial point of your thread, please do state it again using the proper words.

Falc

7550 grafts total

--------------------

Ignored post by falceros posted May 18, 2007 11:00 AM
Show Post

falceros

Posted May 18, 2007 11:04 AM Hide Post

P.S.

B Spot obviously was using very similar logic I was. His quote below.
quote:
Both of my sessions were larger and relatively similar in size, so I have a pretty fair comparision model to use, especially since the same Dr. and staff worked on me both times.

He recognized that in order to make a fair comparison, he had to stick to the scope of his experience, recognizing that he used the same doctor and a had a similar session size. Personal physiology as a variable can be ruled out because he is referring only to himself.

Next time...narrow the scope of your question or be more specific as to what you really want to know.

Falc

7550 grafts total

--------------------

Ignored post by falceros posted May 18, 2007 11:04 AM
Show Post

falceros

Posted May 18, 2007 02:06 PM Hide Post

Hairtech_

I've also asked you several times to state in your signature, at the very least the current clinic you are working for. I prefer that you also post a list of doctors that you have worked for. However, I have just gotten a response from Pat on this:
quote:

Please let HairTech know that if he does not divulge his current clinic, as required by our forum terms of service, his posting privileges will be revoked.

Please understand...it is for the sake of the community that this information be public knowledge and be in your signature.

Falc

7550 grafts total

--------------------

Ignored post by falceros posted May 18, 2007 02:06 PM
Show Post

hairtech_
Posted May 18, 2007 04:48 PM Hide Post

Well I am sorry that you and I don't see eye to eye falc. I think deep down we both strive to find better solutions for helping hairloss victims. Maybe we both have the same goal and we just need to get along.

Anyway, I cannot account for the many differences of the healing times but I try to look at it in a scientific way and don't just assume anything. I need hard data, soft data, or patient feedback. We got one such info from B spot.

As for my signature, I will add names the next time I post. I had to wait to make sure one particular doctor was hiring me fulltime. I don't mind adding names to my signature, it just would have been better if you would have been more professional about it by asking me in private. Instead you picked un-opportune times to bash, add all kinds of shady comments and speculations. Nevertheless no harm done. I hope we get feedback on the post op products.

Ignored post by hairtech_ posted May 18, 2007 04:48 PM
Show Post

falceros

Posted May 18, 2007 10:34 PM Hide Post

hairtech_,

I can agree to disagree with you...I have no problem with that. Your approach could have been different and this argument never would have taken place...simple as that.

Your second paragraph was well stated...I agree wholeheartedly. Patient feedback, hard data, and soft data are all helpful agents to determine what hair products work and don't work, which is better, etc.

Regarding your signature...I did ask you publicly to do so yes. Whether or not you found it disrespectful, I think it was important for people reading your posts to see publicly that you work for a clinic - hence my publicly asking you to follow the forum rules. I have asked others to do this in the past, and they had no problem with it. The fact that you were so resistant looked bad and made it seem that you had some sort of hidden agenda.

You are now somehow sounding cooperative (which is good), though you refused me when I asked the first time. Perhaps you are cooperating now because Pat is involved? It should have not come to threats of having your posting privleges revoked for you to follow the rules. If you truly are here to help people, you should have no problem following the rules. Upstanding members like JoTronic and Janna list who they work for, and no credibility is lost.

If you are going to accuse me of something, I must ask you to provide the proof. When did I "bash" you, make "shady comments" and "speculations" about you?

I'll be looking for the doctor list in your signature.

Cheers,

Falc

7550 grafts total

--------------------

Ignored post by falceros posted May 18, 2007 10:34 PM
Show Post

Mrjb

Posted May 19, 2007 12:30 AM Hide Post

It is a must for those working for Doctors to post their identity. This is essential to being objective. By the same token, I feel it is improtant for the poster to list his surgeries and the doctor(s) who performed it .. This way everyone reading gets an accurate view of that person's personal creditability and affiliations

Again, it goes back to providing the users of this forum with unbiased information.. They can draw conclusions for themselves.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True
1476 FUT - Dr. True
2124 FUT - Dr. True

Total - 5017 FU's uncut!

Ignored post by Mrjb posted May 19, 2007 12:30 AM
Show Post

hairtech_
Posted May 20, 2007 12:04 AM Hide Post

I have asked others to do this in the past, and they had no problem with it. The fact that you were so resistant looked bad and made it seem that you had some sort of hidden agenda.

Sometimes there are legitimate reasons for not doing what you ask. And the manner at which you asked created the "hidden agenda" that was unnecessary. As a matter of fact, one of the posters here wrote other persons questioning my background with certain physicians... which resulted in a confirmation of who I am. If you had asked me privately, after my refusal then I would have explained my reasons and now I can publically do so at my descretion. Not to dis-respect the great Pat Hennessey, but I'd rather be banned than to do something forcefully and especially when all allegations were untrue.

Anyway, I decided to take a full-time position with Dr. James Harris, MD. I had to sit and chat with him to make sure he would not mind that I continue to be unbiased in my posts and continue to state facts of my experiences in other clinics. He stated that he had no problem with my wishes and that conversation occured yesterday in Colorado. No I feel comfortable listing the docs I can provide information about. You see, Harris is trying to get the FUE word out to patients and doctors. He will hold several upcoming workshops, provide research , and do so in an open manner. He believes in spreading new technologies instead of hoarding them. That way more patients can be helped through physician and technician training and awareness.

Going forward... Lets move on and let's stir up information exchange and we all can help and learn from each other.

I need more feedback on post op products. When I was at Coles, I took notice on the healing times and other significant values when Haircycle was introduced. And believe me when I say this... I am a skeptic 10 times over, but when you notice over and over patients saying the same thing without asking then one realizes that this might be significant.

So far B-spot stated noticible changes when using graftcyte.

Why cannot we discuss these findings together. It is a worthy topic based on helping graft survival rates, decreasing iching, inflammation, oxidative stress protection, hydration of grafts. But is it?

Ignored post by hairtech_ posted May 20, 2007 12:04 AM
Show Post

falceros

Posted May 20, 2007 09:06 AM Hide Post

hairtech_

Last point: In my experience, it is only those with a hidden agenda who refuse to list their employed clinic.

Anyway...it's time to move foward...So I'll just say this...thank you for following the rules from this point forward.

Falc

7550 grafts total

--------------------

Ignored post by falceros posted May 20, 2007 09:06 AM
Show Post

Previous Topic | Next Topic