Dr. John Cole -- Georgia

Reaction score
I would very much appreciate feedback from those who have had a procedure with Dr. Cole. I have done my research dligently, and, despite the fact that there are some who are less than fans (you really cant win 'em all) I believe he is truly the best choice for FUE (I understand some people more passionately endorse Feller and Shapiro, but l ask that those who are kind enough to post here, focus on Cole, and their experience and results).

I would greatly appreciate pictures, and comments on shock loss, scarring, acell, naturalness of results (harline and frontal for me) and really anything else you can share -- aside from price which clearly high, but I am trying to focus on results and not money, at this point. Also, lets put aside his previous doctor colleagues. Not my concern, as he is a sole prac now.

Again, thanks for your thoughts.
PW

Reaction score
My screen name, although inadvertantly misspelled, has taken a true to form meaning here...

Please, folks, if you have anything to share I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks.

sc64

Reaction score
I've not seen much on Cole lately anywhere,he has a rep that answers a few questions on the bald truth from time to time,but outside of a few guys here that had some work with him last summer and early fall of last year nothing.

Maybe they will post some updates soon,his website has really no updated pics either as of late.I'm looking to do fue with cole as well but I'm in no hurry but the girl told me on the phone right before x-mas when i talked to them $10 a graft for non shaven fue that seem a little high to me.Should be more like $8 for non and $6 for shaven but they told me they could work something out when I told them $7 for non and cash money.I know you didn't want to really hear about the money part but it's always cool to save a buck or two if you can. I'm like you a little more recent feedback would be nice.

KP211

Established Member
Reaction score
Its been little over three months ago, that I had work done with cole I had 1442 grafts done. One of the things I was concerned with was the scarring fue in the donor area and I can say It healed up great they used acell on donor and recipient area for 500 dollars, I cut my hair on the sides and back with a number one guard and no one notices I know for sure you could never cut your hair that short with strip. As far as the hair that was transplanted I,m now seeing some hairs just starting to come in but everywhere I read, it takes about 7 to 8 months to see a real difference and from 10 to 12 months to see final results. My experience with them was good very friendly and helpful, they quoted me 8 dollars for shaven, but I called them and asked if they had a opening they needed to fill for that month they said they did have a spot opened and If I booked it today they will give it to me for 6 dollars a graft, I called them back and asked if they could offer it at that price for the following month they said they couldn't, because they usually get booked for that month but if you are willing to wait and there was a spot opened they could, but you run risk of not getting booked at all. Anyway I was able to get the shaven at 6 dollars a graft.

dedor

Reaction score
I am looking for a fue also
and I'm really deliberating between dr cole and shapiro.
feller is out of the question because of his prices.
cole has a good rep of making good results with fewer grafts but I didnt like the fact that he works on 2 patients at one day.
I also like coles conservative approach
smg has a great clinic with excellent rep but has fewer experience in fue's
what do you think?

KP211

Established Member
Reaction score
I think cole is more experienced at fue than shapiro, don't get me wrong shapiro is a good Doctor also but I think he still does a lot of strip surgeries. I wouldn't even consider strip because of the scar, 90% of the surgeries cole does is fue and he's been doing it for a long time. He does do 2 people in one day in witch I didnt like at first either but I never felt like he was rushing or anything like that, he does the anesthesia, he cuts the grafts and he makes the recipient sites, the techs cuts and inserts the grafts I had three techs working on me in between what doctor cole does, the surgery took 7 hrs and there was always at least three techs and dr cole working on me the whole time, except for a 20 min lunch break.I called other top clinics and they all use techs, if the Doctor did all the work himself, it would take him a few days, coring the grafts and cutting the recipient sites is the most important process of a fue hair transplant. my donor area looks great , my grafts are just starting to come in now, at 3 month mark, I will post again at the 8 month mark and hopefully it will all be grown in by then.

dedor

Reaction score
thank you kp
I am realy cant decide between the 2 docs.
in Shapiro medical they do fues in 2-3 days. they say they give you more attention and its better than only in one day.
in the other hand they don't specialized in fue like doctor cole.
how did you decided on the hairline design with Cole. on the day of the surgery or before with email pics? did you like the result?
I really look for a conservative approach.
thanks

KP211

Established Member
Reaction score
Basically, I had grafts throughout my original hairline lowering a little bit in the temporal area. Just wanted to add more density

sc64

Reaction score
KP211 or Patiently Waiting got any updates you could share,you two should be around the 9 or 10 month mark.

KP211

Established Member
Reaction score
At this point I had a lot of growth, but dont think I thave the full potential of the hair transplant yet, i have read it can take as long as 12 to 18 months but I think after 12 months I should have my full results. I still cut my sides and back with a number one guard. scars healed up great. Im at my eight month mark into my ninth, end of oct will be one full year.

Reaction score
I am only at 4.5 months.

First, Dr. Cole is a top notch person.

Next, my progress is very solid so far. I am not sure how much more growth to expect, but I think at this point most of the information I read tells me I have realized about half, or a touch less than half, of the final result. If that is the case, I am happy.

Any thoughts from anyone as to how much more growth one can expect after month 5 would be great.

What is the best month typically in terms of growth?

I do not, for one moment, regret this decision, as of now.

PW

sc64

Reaction score
Thinks for the update men sounds good so far,PW you should see 70% around month 7 and 80% at month 9 and as KP said full results at 12 to 18 to max out and mature.

Baldaddy

Reaction score
Hi - I just wanted to follow-up and see how things turned out for you both? I, too, am interested in Dr. Cole and wanted to know the final results and if you were satisfied with them.