Dr. John Cole Botched My Repair Surgeries: I Paid $36,000 with Zero Results.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
This post needs to be made a sticky. When a doctors is this bad and it is so well documented, it would be criminal not to post it as a sticky as a warming to others.

Charlie Brown

Reaction score
Damn dude, I'm really sorry you have deal with this. Do you have any photos of what your head looked like before Cole touched it? If it's any consolation the top of your head just looks like the top of a bald guy's head to me instead of looking scarred. I was expecting your head to look a lot worse when I saw those first pictures of all that stitch webbing.

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn dude, I'm really sorry you have deal with this. Do you have any photos of what your head looked like before Cole touched it? If it's any consolation the top of your head just looks like the top of a bald guy's head to me instead of looking scarred. I was expecting your head to look a lot worse when I saw those first pictures of all that stitch webbing.

You can't see the scars because it's difficult to show that in a photograph. You might need to see my head in person. Photos can be deceiving. The Before/During/After Cole photos were in the original post. As you can see, after Cole transplanted 4500 grafts there was no visible improvement. These were taken at Cole's office, with the same professional photo setup (so it's comparing apples to apples):

triple1.jpg

There's no new additional hair in the After photo, the hair is just slightly longer, so it covers a little better. At Cole's office, we zoomed in super-close, and it was obvious that no hairs were growing in the exact places that grafts were transplanted into.

htthrowaway

Reaction score
Hi arfy,

I was searching on hair transplants, was planning to go to Forhair in Korea, and then came across your thread. I don't know if you or anyone might possibly know, but do you think it's 'safe' to go to the Forhair branch in Korea? I was planning for their non-shaven FUE, as they are one of only a few places who do it. But your thread really scares me.

They gave me an evaluation, said I'd probably need more than 1 surgery. They emailed me pics of one of their patients who did a non-shaven FUE, and the growth looks good. Also, reviews on the Korean branch all seem good, from any I can find (some might all be fake considering what you say here). So the big question is whether the branch in Korea is far away enough from Cole, that his unethical practices, the marketing etc, don't really affect the surgery itself.

The alternative for a non-shaven FUE is a place in Japan called Shinwa Clinic that has zero reviews. Or I could shave my head and just go to Erdogan in Turkey.

You probably don't know much about their Korea branch, but maybe the other guy might?

Thanks

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi arfy,

I was searching on hair transplants, was planning to go to Forhair in Korea, and then came across your thread. I don't know if you or anyone might possibly know, but do you think it's 'safe' to go to the Forhair branch in Korea? I was planning for their non-shaven FUE, as they are one of only a few places who do it. But your thread really scares me.

They gave me an evaluation, said I'd probably need more than 1 surgery. They emailed me pics of one of their patients who did a non-shaven FUE, and the growth looks good. Also, reviews on the Korean branch all seem good, from any I can find (some might all be fake considering what you say here). So the big question is whether the branch in Korea is far away enough from Cole, that his unethical practices, the marketing etc, don't really affect the surgery itself.

The alternative for a non-shaven FUE is a place in Japan called Shinwa Clinic that has zero reviews. Or I could shave my head and just go to Erdogan in Turkey.

You probably don't know much about their Korea branch, but maybe the other guy might?

Thanks

If you want information, you should start your own thread on this topic as this has nothing to do with this thread. I would NOT personally go to the clinics you have mentioned. Choose an IAHRS surgeon with a STRONG reputation and a history of ethics and good results in this field. I think Erdogan is good, so is ********* in Turkey and the prices are reasonable as well. I was butchered by a main chain clinic. That is not uncommon to find with places like that. They deal in bulk and have lawyers up the ***.

crowngarden

Reaction score
Hi arfy,

Thanks

I would think shaving your head allows the surgeon to be more precise and will increase the quality of the results. When having a procedure like this done, you want to cut down the margin for error as much as possible.

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have no comment or opinion at this time, on ForHair Korea. The big problem is with Dr Cole himself, and his shady ethics. I really should have sued him for malpractice, because I think I would have won.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
First time I read this thread in its entirety.
Thank you for it. I had two hair transplants in Italy and I think I was very lucky the grafts stuck.
I think my surgeon was very professional and realistic during the pre-op, the op and the post-op.
However now I understand I was also lucky because these guys do it for money, not because they want to save the world from bad looks, so it's not like they really care...

baldheart

My Regimen
Reaction score
Arfy, from your post I didn't get why you rely on the same doctor for repairing the mess he created. I had FUT procedure many years ago with another doctor and since it was unsuccessful I assume the surgeon doesn't have the skills and wouldn't come back.

There is a John P. Cole in YouTube and he calims to be repairing odd jobs made by others.

BTW Cole's face and voice immediately made me recall the phony martial arts instructor George Dillman.

Last edited:

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL..............yes I remember George Dillman. What's interesting about him and relevant is the marketing. Yes I do believe there is something to accupressure but certainly not what he was selling. What's interesting about his marketing approach is taking pictures with celebrities and then using it as a promotional tool. You will find the same with hair transplantation either through celebrities or connecting to other media outlets and as way of an endorsement such as seen on "Good Morning America" for example................red flag in my opinion. Many marketers will have more than a handful and some dozens of endorsements as a way to build image and credibility when sometimes they are simply marketers trying to fool the consumer. Men's magazines are a common example with hair transplantation.

And I suppose the picture with Bruce was to make a connection to the one finger death punch..............yes good marketing I suppose if you want to fool people.

After watching the first UFC in the early eighties I purchased some of the Gracie material...........the reason being is it wasn't marketing it was proof. Big difference and once again same applies to hair transplantation. Too many talking a good game while very few actually executing one.

Last edited: